Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #41
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I know I'm going to catch hell for this but this is what Parsons does. Give you a really good game(scoring) and follow it up with some very mediocre/stinker games(scoring). He does not have the shot to ever be consistent. I will say barring that one rebound game he seems to be going after boards more and his assists are usually there every game.

That was a fun game to watch. I really like Evans and Powell and Mcgee. If Powell can get that elbow jumper down, he's going to have something.

And please don't get rid of Felton FO.
Idk y u'd catch hell for that, I think the ones who catch hell are the ones who basically troll around posting every single time the guy makes a mistake and every missed shot.

IMO he's not looking to score from what I've been watching and based on his recent FGA's in the games. Even tonight he was doing what he usually does just on a larger scale since he had the ball in his hands more with starters out. I think he's deferring/looking for others when the starters are on the floor because right now given his comfort level with health and whatnot, he knows there are better options for scoring than himself. I personally think he's doing a decent job picking his spots trying to find his groove without disrupting the other guys on the floor and looking to get others involved. He looks for McGee more than any ball handler it seems and I'm sure that effect is not lost on McGee when he's on the floor with him and that usually translates positively on the defensive end when it comes to big's.

I guess the way I look at it is... even if he strung together 8-9 games of 20pts+... I would still rather see Dirk statues, Dwill drives, Wes catch n shoots over Parsons shots since I view them as the more efficient plays. So I'm not rly worried about his scoring but that's just how I look at it since I've never rly seen him as "the guy" I'm ok with him just being a solid player who can help in different areas depending on what the team needs.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #42
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I love Zaza, but we definitely bring something different when McGee, Powell, and even Evans all get playing time. Those guys go hard on defense and try to block every shot that comes near them. Lots of times, that doesn't translate to hard stats but it changes the flow of the opposing teams offense knowing there are athletic bigs that can swat away shots. On the other side of that coin is Dirk and Zaza who play great together but are at the opposite end of the athletic spectrum.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned but gotta give a lot of credit to RC on this one also. By the looks of things, he's got the whole team really buying into what he's preaching.

Last edited by MavzMan; 01-07-2016 at 09:57 AM.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote