Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #881
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... all of those terrible contracts and they didn't match the one that was slap-you-in-the-face obvious. I love the Knicks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #882
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I think he's going to surprise people in Houston. Winning with that shredded squad will be tough but the numbers will surprise. Still only 23, too.

I trust Morey's judgement (although they let him go, so did Dallas).

Fantasy target..
Didn't Lin choose the Warriors over the Mavericks? I wasn't recalling that Dallas let him go. I thought they wanted him.

Wish there were a good way to quantify Lin's $-impact on ticket sales, foreign TV markets and merchandise sales to measure against the luxury tax effects, but I don't know what it is.

Houston is a geat outcome for Lin, I think. Knicks roster is toxic with some really ugly attitudes coming out of the lockerroom re Lin. A little less pressure, a little more opportunity in Houston. And he'll sell tickets there too.

Losers are the newly-interested, newly-motivated, newly-energized Asian fan base in NYC, and anyone who loved rooting for an underdog. Would be great to see Prokhorov sign Lin as a competent backup in a couple of years, and rub the ticket sales in Dolan's face. Afraid some of the magic might be gone by then though.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #883
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what MavKiki would have to say about this. He/she was pretty plugged in to the NY scene.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #884
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Interested to see what Lin can do in Houston...will he have just a giant bag or prove to be a serious point guard?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #885
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I wonder what MavKiki would have to say about this. He/she was pretty plugged in to the NY scene.
I'm obviously not MavKiki... but I can try to inform you.

The Knicks screwed up big time. The Knicks FO told him to test the FA market and try to get as much money as possible. They did not expect Houston or anyone else to throw this kind of money at him and most of the NY media tries to paint Lin as the bad guy who won't chose the team that birthed his career.

The most amusing part of all this is the Knicks don't give a damn about loyalty, it's all about money and the amount of money they could have made with Lin would have eclipsed Lin's salary if they chose the match. I can assure you JKidd did not go to NY to mentor Raymond Felton. It was all for Lin and I can't blame the kid, he got paid.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #886
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Both of the New York teams screwed themselves this summer... Bright lights, dull minds.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #887
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Honestly, I preferred New York," Lin said. "But my main goal in free agency was to go to a team that had plans for me and wanted me. I wanted to have fun playing basketball. ... Now I'm definitely relieved."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ive/index.html

Clearly his Harvard degree was not in Public Relations.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #888
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I think he's going to surprise people in Houston. Winning with that shredded squad will be tough but the numbers will surprise. Still only 23, too.

I trust Morey's judgement (although they let him go, so did Dallas).

Fantasy target..
Technically, Dallas didn't let Lin go, Lin wanted to play for the hometown Warriors. If he stays healthy he'll put up good numbers, the team will be 500 at best. You'll see alot of what he did in New York with Carmelo and Amare out, a lot of top of the key breakdown of the defense to get at the cup.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #889
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
I'm obviously not MavKiki... but I can try to inform you.

The Knicks screwed up big time. The Knicks FO told him to test the FA market and try to get as much money as possible. They did not expect Houston or anyone else to throw this kind of money at him and most of the NY media tries to paint Lin as the bad guy who won't chose the team that birthed his career.

The most amusing part of all this is the Knicks don't give a damn about loyalty, it's all about money and the amount of money they could have made with Lin would have eclipsed Lin's salary if they chose the match. I can assure you JKidd did not go to NY to mentor Raymond Felton. It was all for Lin and I can't blame the kid, he got paid.
Yea, big time mistake by the Knicks, as much as they are up against the lux tax, you need to maintain chips in your arsenal, regardless of tax ramifcations....geez 3 years later. Amare, Melo, Chandler ahve 3 years remaining, Kidd and Camby sign for 3 years, it's a 3 year window for the Knicks.....then Dolan pulls this. After giving Curry and James long term fat deals for what 15 playoff games? Now you get an unhappy Kidd, case in point, his excessive drinking to bring him his happy point.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #890
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Clearly his Harvard degree was not in Public Relations.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #891
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty funny: Jeremy Lin's late night escape in Taipei

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 41mvp=funny bunny, bancad, ben&jerry's, cad vs chum, cadbane is always right, cadchokesondick, cadeatsshitcereal, cadhatesasians, cadreadsusatoday, chumbusey=oxygenthief, faking objectivity, getbackinthekitchenmary, getbackonyourkneescad, jeremy lin, jthig farted, lin = goat, lin-1 cadbane-0, mavsfanuofvagina, objectivehaterinhere, racism, return of the quack!, slow to admit, stuckonstupid, too many tags