Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-13-2002, 12:43 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

How many of you would be interesting in writing articles for the site? Now I know the construction of the actual site has been put on hold indefinitely, but Rob and I have been considering creating a new forum just for writers to post their articles. Only Dallas-Mavs.com writers would be allowed to post new threads/articles, but everyone else would be allowed to post replies, to debate or just to give feedback on them. Now the only problem is getting people to actually agree to post new articles regularly. We all saw what happened to the Fantasy Hoops board a while back. I don't want to create a new forum that will get just one or two new posts a month. What do you all think? Can I get a show of hands from would-be writers?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

I'd think about it.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 01:15 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

of course, dj, you could count on me
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 04:27 PM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Count me in DJ, I want to let you guys know the support for Mavs in Australia!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 04:49 PM   #5
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

I didn't know you were from the "Land Down Under", OZ, Very cool. How did you become a Mavs fan?

BLG
Old 02-13-2002, 05:01 PM   #6
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

BLG

Got tickets through work when travelling through Dallas in November 2000. Unfortunately we lost the game against the Jazz, but things have turned around.

Oz

Old 02-13-2002, 06:14 PM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'd like to give it a try. I actually used to cover sports for a weekly newspaper, so I've got the experience thing going, yeah right ;-)
Old 02-14-2002, 02:47 AM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Damn you OzMavs!
You got in before me with the offer of the Aussie Mav fan perspective [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 02:24 AM   #9
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I would love to do it. maybe I could bring something from the stat perspective. if you have read my posts then you know that is my strong suit. Seriously though, I have no job now, so this would be a great opportunity to keep me busy. + I would be honored

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 01:11 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be willing to try to write an occasional article but I can't promise a regular schedule of articles.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:40 AM   #11
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Ok..how many of you would be able to contribute regularly? Say, on a weekly basis?
Old 02-18-2002, 05:59 PM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'd like to take on a weekly column DJ.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:31 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a guest column I'm trying to motivate myself into explaining why Shaq isn't the best center in the history of the game. I've got the info, just not the motivation.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:38 PM   #14
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Ocelot_Ark obviously has serious writing talent so I'd love to see him get a weekly column...I'd volunteer myself but I know I don't have the time/energy right now.

MFFL, great topic, definitely do a guest article on that, because i agree with your premise.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:17 PM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Wow, Hales...thanks for the props bro! I doubt I deserve it though.

I really would like to do a series of comparisons of our challengers, a mock draft (it's fun, we did it at LMF last year), some general NBA articles where I can rant on WHY Kobe is overrated and TMac would kick his ass one-on-one.

That's just some stuff off the top of my head, but maybe I could be as controversial as possible just to make the debates EXTRA heated.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:44 PM   #16
OzMavs
Platinum Member

I'd like to do it, maybe won't be weekly but I'd like to do a few different articles. Maybe a few odds and ends about Australia.

I bet you are all waiting for an update on Chris Anstey's progress (or lack thereof!)

Old 02-18-2002, 10:58 PM   #17
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

yeah what the hell ever did happen to anstey? and martin muursepp (sp?) for that matter...
Old 02-18-2002, 11:35 PM   #18
OzMavs
Platinum Member

<< yeah what the hell ever did happen to anstey? >>

Anstey is currently playing for the Victoria Titans, was injured for much of last year, but still managed to win the best sixth man award. Seems to have lost a bit of the hunger that he had before he played NBA, but is still amongst the best big men in the league this year.

Old 02-19-2002, 03:38 AM   #19
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

He was just picked for the Australian squad today, not that we have any reason to have a squad anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
He has been rather dissapointing since coming back from the NBA. I thought that atleast the training would have improved his game. It's taken him awhile to get back into the swing on things. That said, he did have a career best game last weekend.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:09 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Well I guess we can do this on a trial basis. I'm going to go ahead and set up a new forum where only articles can be posted. Everyone feel free to post your works. New articles posted will be kept at the top of the page for one week, and everyone is encouraged to reply to them to give the author some feedback.

I'm going to leave the forum &quot;open&quot; so everyone can post/reply, but if people start posting random garbage or off-topic threads in there, I'll change the permissions (so each new thread/reply will have to be approved before being posted).

Remember this is for WRITERS (amateur or professional). For general mavs chat and discussion, stick to the mavs forum. Thanks
Old 02-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Ok let's see who'll be the first to get an article up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If any of you can write at least one new article/editorial a week, then you can have &quot;Dallas-Mavs.com Writer&quot; or &quot;Sports Writer&quot; or something similar as a title (hey it's better than nothing right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]).
Old 02-19-2002, 06:43 PM   #22
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

I would love to. That is if your willing.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

Forum's now up chef ed, so post away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just want to reiterate that it's open for EVERYONE who's interested in posting their articles.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:00 PM   #24
MFFL
Guru

I posted something today - please be kind.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:51 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

Now that the new forum's up and MFFL's officially gotten things going, I'm moving this thread over to the Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff forum..