Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 11-21-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb *UPGRADE* your account and help support D-M.com!

Donate to Dallas-Mavs.com (just $1 a month) and receive the following account upgrades (good for one year):
  • PM limit increased to 2500 msgs
  • Attachment limit increased to 2MB
  • Customizable Avatar (user-uploadable)
  • Customizable Profile Pic (user-uploadable)
  • Customizable User Title
Just head over to User CP >> Miscellaneous >> Paid Subscriptions

Support D-M.com and get something in return while you're at it For those of you who are not interested in the upgraded features and/or would rather donate another amount, you can do so by clicking the PayPal link at the bottom of the screen. Anyone who makes a donation (no matter the amount) can have a custom avatar. However, it must be uploaded by the administrator manually.

Last edited by djb; 01-10-2006 at 04:00 PM.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

if we upgraded, we can change our avatars and signatures at will without having to bother you?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Yup
Old 11-21-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

very nice option. I'm fickle like that-- I like changing my signature every few weeks but I didnt want to lose my avatar.

I'm actually facing almost a thousand dollars worth of bills.because of this car accident, but as soon as I get things straightened out, I'll be an upgraded member for life.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your accident. I can definitely relate..I'm facing $150k in bills (and no health insurance ) and have permanently lost some function in my foot due to the crappy hospitals here in Houston. On the 'brightside' I can now park in handicapped spots.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:23 AM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

ouch.. what happened to your foot if you don't mind me asking?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 AM   #7
djb
Administrator

Came down with compartment syndrome for no apparent reason (somehow tore a muscle which resulted in blood hemorrhaging into my leg, which cut off circulation to the muscles) and two different ERs misdiagnosed me. By the time they finally got it right and operated on me, the muscle had died. I've had six operations in the last three months (3-4 weeks in the hospital) and have only now begun walking without assistance.

Two doctors have already told me the damage is permanent, and that I'll have to wear a brace for the rest of my life in order to walk normally. So now I have a nasty looking leg that looks like someone took a sledgehammer to it (they cut out a LOT of muscle) and permanent drop foot (can't point toes up or keep foot from dragging behind while walking). So much for competing in a bodybuilding comp anytime soon

Hopefully my lawyer can get the hospitals to foot the $150k bill. Personally I think that's the very least they can do considering the fact that I'm now permanently "handicapped."

Last edited by djb; 11-22-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:37 AM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That's too bad.

Your leg and your financial situation will definitely be in my prayers...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang dj...I'm so sorry. I hope your attorneys are good. It sounds like you have a good case for litigation. My prayers are with you sir.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I think in this case you should try for way more than just the medical bills. You didnt spill coffee on yourself-- the misdiagnosis by doctors probably caused your leg to be in the condition its in.

Anyway, sorry to hear about that. Its a good lesson to me-- never complain because someone always has it worse.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

I'm down for a year DJ. Please let me know if you didn't get an email for the paypal thingy. Thanks again for this great site.

Come on everyone....pony up some 12 buck love.

Last edited by Drbio; 11-22-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM   #12
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

I already put up my $12 - get well soon, DJ.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

There was an error with the subscription setup..let me know if your accounts haven't been upgraded (you should be able to change your avatars and profile pics in your User CP).
Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 AM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm in...or am I?

Me and my 36 posts have put up $12, although I don't seem able to change anything at the moment.

And hey, for all you folks out there with hundreds if not thousands of posts who haven't paid up--come on people, it's $1 a month! For less than the price of a cup of coffee, you can feed a starving child...or at least support a forum for hardcore Mavs fans.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:46 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Please see my challenge in the D-M.com topics area.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:13 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

The contest is up and running in the D-M.com topics area. Please participate.

Contest thread was moved to The Lounge.

- djb

Last edited by djb; 11-28-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:22 AM   #17
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold
Default => the contest: A M A (lounge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice#41
well, I'm probably not the typical participant for this kind of contest... so I better leave it for others...

but I'm in for my own membership donation and I add three more "free" memberships ...

hope it works now after I fixed the problems with paypal ....

for all the others around here... membership or not...

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #18
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I just read through this thread. Wow, DJ, sorry to hear about all of your issues concerning your leg. That is terrible! I will be praying that things get resolved both with your health and rehab and your issues with the hospital bills and misdiagnosis. So awful!

I just contributed the $12. Money is tight right now, but as much time as I spend here on a daily basis, $12 is the least I can do! When things get a bit better, I will most definitely contribute more. I absolutely love the new site! Thanks for all you do! =)

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #19
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbacklash
Sorry to hear about your accident. I can definitely relate..I'm facing $150k in bills (and no health insurance ) and have permanently lost some function in my foot due to the crappy hospitals here in Houston. On the 'brightside' I can now park in handicapped spots.
I'm really sorry for you and I can only look up to the fact that you even mention the "brightside"! I'm gonna sign up as soon as my very own "financial problems" have gone... (I'm owning people only 30 Euros, but without any money I can't spent anything.)

By the way is there no compulsory health insurance fund in the US??

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

I think I'm going to have to go through the charity route since I'm a fulltime student with no income, no insurnace, and of course school loans (I'm in the process of drafting a letter). I spoke with a lawyer and he basically said I don't have much of case due to the fact that you can no longer sue an ER for negligence (due to the passage of Proposition 13 in 2003). It's amazing how ridiculous some laws can be..