Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #2801
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Let's be realistic, the Rockets are playing without it's starting center and point guard (first 2 games). The Jazz are bad on the road but they're not THAT bad.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #2802
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Okur is a huge part of their team and missing a game would be huge... if they werent playing the rockets.

Rockets are always good in the first few games of the playoffs, but they bust-their-buns trying to find a way to lose in games 4-7

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-17-2008 at 10:54 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #2803
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Did anyone notice that the Sonics beat the Warriors on both their last games of the season and Durant scored 42? I know Warriors probably had no motivation since they're eliminated from the playoffs but maybe Sonics were just improving and when they beat us it wasn't such a bad loss.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #2804
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

^ I'm gonna steal from the Sport Guy and say Durant is gonna be on that Kobe/LeBron level pretty soon.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #2805
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow stern will manifest a way to make it PHX v L.A. in the WCF.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #2806
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

oh, and then Lakers v Cltics of course.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #2807
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I feel bad for Atlanta and Philly..lol

Now the way i see 1st round goin down in the Wast

Suns over Spurs
Jazz over Houston
Mavs over NO
Denver over LA

LA vs Denver ....is the most exciting match up to me. There will be scoring and a lot of it and I am gonna go on a limb and say that Iverson carries the Nuggets past Kobe and the Lakers. Call me crazy but I dont think the Lakers can keep up with them, it mite be a 7 game series..and the Nuggets mite choke away a game or two, but in the end I see them beating LA

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #2808
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Utah in 6. I don't see how in the world the Rockettes could possibly win.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #2809
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
In the face of all their history in recent years, the lack of Yao, and the lack of Alston for the first 2 or 3 games, you say this?

I don't know man. I don't know about that.
Alston's out? Didn't know that. Its a bold prediction but I think this is the year the Rockets will get out of the 1st round. I see the Rockets stealing one in Utah and winning their home games.

Quote:
Good lord, does anyone else think Ramon Sessions was a huge steal at #56? I know Milwauke has nothing to play for, but this kid is playing on cloud 9 right now. 25 points and 14 assists last night....
Its early to tell but I think he's going to give Mo Williams some competition in the offseason. Actually since Sessions was a 2nd rounder does that mean he's gonna be a free agent this season? Every year I pick the Bucks to be a player in the East. I don't understand why they're not. Maybe its due to them being so young? They've always drafted well. Solid core of young players, solid bench I just don't get why they suck so bad and a team like the 6ers is the 6th seed in the East. ]

Quote:
I just don't believe the Jazz tanked the game and gave up home court just to face the Rockets in the first round. Not with there road record.

Also pretty stupid move by Okur to issue a flagrant two (though the refs called a flagrant 1) on Oberto in a game they were supposedly tanking. I'll be shocked if he's not suspended a game.
Yea that's another thing. Did the team forget to tell Okur they were tanking the game?

Quote:
I feel bad for Atlanta and Philly..lol

Now the way i see 1st round goin down in the Wast

Suns over Spurs
Jazz over Houston
Mavs over NO
Denver over LA

LA vs Denver ....is the most exciting match up to me. There will be scoring and a lot of it and I am gonna go on a limb and say that Iverson carries the Nuggets past Kobe and the Lakers. Call me crazy but I dont think the Lakers can keep up with them, it mite be a 7 game series..and the Nuggets mite choke away a game or two, but in the end I see them beating LA
Yea you know the bad thing about the 6ers is they need lottery picks and just got into the playoffs and will probably be swept 4-0 in the 1st round. That's why they were so bad when AI was there. He'll always get them in the playoffs but due to their lack of lottery picks and personnel he couldn't get them much further.

Quote:
Utah in 6. I don't see how in the world the Rockettes could possibly win.
We'll see. Seems like people are really overhyping the Jazz like they're the Lakers or Spurs. 1st round exits.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #2810
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Didn't philly do pretty good vs. detroit in the season?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #2811
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Series Tied 2-2

@DET 83
, PHI 78
DET 86, @PHI 78
PHI 83, @DET 82
@PHI 101, DET 94

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #2812
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'd be shocked if Philly even wins a game. Regular season is one thing but the playoffs is a whole other playing field. Team full of young guys with little to no playoff experience.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #2813
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Philly will win 2. Stern know how to drum up interest-- inform his refs to make sure all series go at least 6.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #2814
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I'd be shocked if Philly even wins a game. Regular season is one thing but the playoffs is a whole other playing field. Team full of young guys with little to no playoff experience.
Except with Mavs v W's last year.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #2815
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Except with Mavs v W's last year.
True but the Warriors talent is superior to that of the 6ers. I just don't understand how they are better than the Bulls. I'd take Deng, Gordon and Nocioni over the whole 6ers team. Good for them though. Shows how much heart the 6ers played with.

On another note:

Old 04-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #2816
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True but the Warriors talent is superior to that of the 6ers. I just don't understand how they are better than the Bulls. I'd take Deng, Gordon and Nocioni over the whole 6ers team. Good for them though. Shows how much heart the 6ers played with.

On another note:

are you nuts? the iggy and miller are both better than anyone on the bulls.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #2817
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
are you nuts? the iggy and miller are both better than anyone on the bulls.
IMO Deng is as good as Iggy, and a bit better than Miller. He just plays on a team that really sucks right now. But make no mistake, he's extremely good.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #2818
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
IMO Deng is as good as Iggy, and a bit better than Miller. He just plays on a team that really sucks right now. But make no mistake, he's extremely good.
the team sucks because they dont have anyone good enough to be the best player on a good team. honestly aside from the midrange jumper deng doesnt do anything better than iggy. iggy is a better passer, defender and better at getting to the rim and long range shooting.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #2819
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #2820
LonghornDub

Quote:
the team sucks because they dont have anyone good enough to be the best player on a good team. honestly aside from the midrange jumper deng doesnt do anything better than iggy. iggy is a better passer, defender and better at getting to the rim and long range shooting.
I just don't agree with that at all. I think they're both very good. Chicago's problem was never talent--they looked just fine in the playoffs last year, and their roster hadn't changed much at all this year (at least pre-trade) and they were HORRIBLE.

A quick look at the stats confirms what I'm saying--

Deng: 48% FG, 36% 3pt, 6.10 rpg, 2.5 apg
Iggy: 46% FG, 33% 3pt, 5.40 rpg, 4.8 apg

So Iggy is a better passer, and possibly a marginally better defender from the eyeball test, but Deng shoots better (even from long range), and has more rebounds per game (despite being on a team with 3 rebounding machine big men, no less).

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-18-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #2821
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City
^ I'm gonna steal from the Sport Guy and say Durant is gonna be on that Kobe/LeBron level pretty soon.
Rookie Seasons

Durant - 43.0% FG, 87.3% FT, 20.3 pts. 4.2 rebs, 2.4 Ast, 1 stl, 1 blk.
LBJ - 41.7% FG, 75.4% FT, 20.9pts, 5.5 reb, 5.9 Ast, 1.7 stl, 0.7 blk
Kobe - 41.7% FG, 81.9% FT, 7.6pts, 1.9reb, 1.3 Ast, 0.7 stl, 0.3 blk

Looks pretty good to me. not everybody comes into the league with a man-beast body like lebron.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #2822
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I just don't agree with that at all. I think they're both very good. Chicago's problem was never talent--they looked just fine in the playoffs last year, and their roster hadn't changed much at all this year (at least pre-trade) and they were HORRIBLE.

So Iggy is a better passer, and possibly a marginally better defender from the eyeball test, but Deng shoots better (even from long range), and has more rebounds per game (despite being on a team with 3 rebounding machine big men, no less).
Yea this year with Chicago was wierd. No one was ever on their game on the same day. One game Tyrus Thomas would be great and no one else would be. The next game Gordon and Deng would be on fire and no one else would be. Hinrich shows up whenever. It was crazy. I think the thing they need most is a veteran. I think Iggy's assist total can be due to him having the ball in his hands a lot more than Deng does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Rookie Seasons

Durant - 43.0% FG, 87.3% FT, 20.3 pts. 4.2 rebs, 2.4 Ast, 1 stl, 1 blk.
LBJ - 41.7% FG, 75.4% FT, 20.9pts, 5.5 reb, 5.9 Ast, 1.7 stl, 0.7 blk
Kobe - 41.7% FG, 81.9% FT, 7.6pts, 1.9reb, 1.3 Ast, 0.7 stl, 0.3 blk

Looks pretty good to me. not everybody comes into the league with a man-beast body like lebron.
Just imagine if Durant gets about 10 pounds of muscle on him. He's going to be hell. I won't lie I thought he'd be good but not this good due to his body frame. He's built like a high schooler. Hell Amare and Bron were built a lot better than he is now in the NBA comin' out of high school. He's gotta hit the weight room though. It didn't hurt him this year but eventually his body is going to feel the effects of playing in the NBA.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #2823
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just imagine if Durant gets about 10 pounds of muscle on him. He's going to be hell. I won't lie I thought he'd be good but not this good due to his body frame. He's built like a high schooler. Hell Amare and Bron were built a lot better than he is now in the NBA comin' out of high school. He's gotta hit the weight room though. It didn't hurt him this year but eventually his body is going to feel the effects of playing in the NBA.
I agree. Like i said before, It is just like Dirk. He was a terrible rebounder coming into the league. Then he added some weight & hustle to go after those boards. IMO you can teach people to rebound but it is harder to teach them to score/pass.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #2824
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:

I heard somewhere that Dwight Howard had invited him to work out with him this summer. It could've just been a dream I had, but usually my basketball dreams involve me hitting the game winning jumper over Tony Parker in game 7 of the finals - followed by Eva Longoria announcing she's ditiching Paker for me because she doesn't date losers. Yeah, something like that...
Old 04-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #2825
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
my pick of NO finishing in the top 4 in the West looks good so far
back in november. man i'm good =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #2826
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

You also picked Denver getting the #1 seed, so get off your high horse.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #2827
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
You also picked Denver getting the #1 seed, so get off your high horse.
Hahha well they didnt finish first, but IMO they have a chance to beat the first

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #2828
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:

you might wanna check the number of 3s deng has taken before making much of that 3%. and the sixers have dalembert who is every bit the rebounder anyone on the bulls is. iggy is a better player than deng. as is miller.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #2829
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Hahha well they didnt finish first, but IMO they have a chance to beat the first
you don't know how happy I will be if Denver even pushes it to 7 games.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #2830
LonghornDub

Quote:
iggy is a better player than deng. as is miller.
I get that this is your opinion, but the stats don't back that up to any point that it's conclusive. I think it's very debatable, which is all I'm trying to say.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-19-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #2831
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, I hate being so busy. I have to miss game one of Spurs/Suns today too... lol at Wizards over Cleveland at the moment.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #2832
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Cleveland is fake fake fake. Overhyped and all that crap. I hate watching that team.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #2833
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I get that this is your opinion, but the stats don't back that up to any point that it's conclusive. I think it's very debatable, which is all I'm trying to say.
yeah it is my opinion(and i can understand you having another one) i disagree about the stats though. its not an enormous differential but there is a noticeable differential and i dont see how you give the benefit of the doubt to the guy on a worse team. iggy had a per about 2 pts higher than dengs(19.16 to 17.13) which is a conclusive difference. deng is a better rebounder and midrange shooter. iggy does everything else better and is one of the most durable players in the nba.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #2834
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

My picks (made them yesterday in one of those facebook bracket things):

Lakers over Nuggets in 5
Jazz over Rockets in 5
Suns over Spurs in 7
Mavs over Hornets in 5

Celtics over Hawks in 4
Cavs over Wizards in 6
Magic over Raptors in 5
Pistons over 76ers in 5

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #2835
LonghornDub

Quote:
yeah it is my opinion(and i can understand you having another one) i disagree about the stats though. its not an enormous differential but there is a noticeable differential and i dont see how you give the benefit of the doubt to the guy on a worse team. iggy had a per about 2 pts higher than dengs(19.16 to 17.13) which is a conclusive difference. deng is a better rebounder and midrange shooter. iggy does everything else better and is one of the most durable players in the nba.
Iggy leads in some stats, and Deng leads in others. I don't see how that leads to a ironclad conclusion either way that Iggy is better, and the argument is even weaker for MIller. That's all I'm saying.

And no, I don't think PER is a conclusive difference. Devin's PER was higher than Kidd's--and only the board crazies think Devin is better than Kidd.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #2836
Five-ofan
Guru

"that was like a triple flop. thomas flopped, amare flopped and ginobili was about to flop"

i dont like van gundy but that was funny
Old 04-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #2837
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Iggy leads in some stats, and Deng leads in others. I don't see how that leads to a ironclad conclusion either way that Iggy is better, and the argument is even weaker for MIller. That's all I'm saying.

And no, I don't think PER is a conclusive difference. Devin's PER was higher than Kidd's--and only the board crazies think Devin is better than Kidd.
iggy leads in ppg, apg(he nearly doubles deng) spg, bpg. deng leads in rpg fg% and turnoves. ill take iggy everytime, as for miller you might wanna check his numbers this year. he put up 17, 7 and 4 on 49.2 percent shooting
Old 04-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #2838
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Finley with the dagger!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #2839
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

n/m

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-19-2008 at 05:39 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #2840
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

SMH. Glad i'm not a betting man.