Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official Lebron, Wade, Bosh FA watch thread.

So here's one writers opinion on where he thinks teams rank in getting Lebron this summer.

Quote:
By: Christopher Reina
RealGM.com Writer

May 14, 2010 2:31 AM

The Summer of LeBron launched quite a few weeks earlier than expected with Cleveland's elimination in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Teams 30 to nine are listed almost strictly for entertainment purposes, but here are the LeBron James Power Rankings, examining where he might end up signing this summer.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_feature_pi...#ixzz0ny5Nhyod
Old 05-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

There have been rumors spread all over the internet about Delonte West apparently banging Gloria James

(http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...air.html?cat=2)

If this is true, I doubt LeBron will ever trust his teammates in Cleveland again, and is most likely out of there based on this alone.

NOTHING OFFICIAL YET

Last edited by Zki41; 05-14-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

doesn't delonte west have herpes??? ha
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
There have been rumors spread all over the internet about Delonte West apparently banging Gloria James

(http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...air.html?cat=2)

If this is true, I doubt LeBron will ever trust his teammates in Cleveland again, and is most likely out of there based on this alone.

NOTHING OFFICIAL YET

This seems like obvious bullsh to me.

Its fun to do bad things.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

That LeBron-Delonte thing has been going around pretty fast. Here is something I found (take it for what it's worth):

Quote:
A rumor hit the inbox this afternoon and Duffy and I dismissed it because it seemed too out there. Then another e-mail came. Then it was in the comments section and started making the rounds on Twitter. The rumor – something went on between Delonte West and LeBron James’ mother, Gloria.

Rumor has it that LeBron found out before Game 4 which is where the entire series changed. Delonte West stopped playing as much and LeBron’s numbers fell of a cliff. Here are Delonte West’s minutes in the playoffs:

First Round vs. Bulls
Game 1 – 24
Game 2 – 27
Game 3 – 30
Game 4 – 26
Game 5 -31

Second Round vs. Celtics
Game 1 – 27
Game 2 -31
Game 3 – 29
Game 4 – 20
Game 5 – 9
Game 6 – 14

That’s a pretty noticeable drop off for a guy that played 42 minutes a game during last season’s playoffs. This season he played 25 minutes a game during the regular season for the 61-win Cavs. Why does one of the Cavs’ best players suddenly fall out of the rotation in the most important games of the season?

As for LeBron’s performance… Going into Game 4 against the Celtics, LeBron was shooting 55 percent and had scored around 32 points a game in the playoffs. In games 4, 5, and 6 he shot a combined 33 percent and scored just 21 points a game. He was standing around on offense and when he was trying, it didn’t look like the old LeBron James.

Suddenly, in Game 4, Delonte West stopped playing the majority of the games and LeBron James completely stopped playing like LeBron James.I assumed he was hurt worse than initially reported, but Danny Ferry says he won’t be having surgery. No reason was given for shaking up the Cavs rotation that had been working all season and through the first 8 games of the playoffs. While this is probably a just a rumor, something happened between games 3 and 4 that affected both Delonte West and LeBron James. Right?
This is just too funny.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lebrontothemavs.com/
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The dude, whoever it is, makes good points with his "Six Reasons" why LBJ should come to Dallas.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The dude, whoever it is, makes good points with his "Six Reasons" why LBJ should come to Dallas.
Interestingly enough, whoever made that site cared enough to establish the domain with a proxy so you couldn't do a simple lookup and figure out who owns the domain.

Based on the graphical quality of the site, and the use of a domain proxy, I feel pretty confident that the Mavs are behind that site.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see this as an attractive location for Lebron or Wade due to the age of our stars. In my mind either of them would make us the favorite next year but with the lockout looming you could make the case that there's a one year window. Wade in particular has already won a championship with a team that quickly got old around him. I can't imagine he wants to be in that situation again if he can avoid it.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm jealous of Delonte solely of the fact that he is able to use legit "Your Mom" jokes on Lebron.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I don't see this as an attractive location for Lebron or Wade due to the age of our stars. In my mind either of them would make us the favorite next year but with the lockout looming you could make the case that there's a one year window. Wade in particular has already won a championship with a team that quickly got old around him. I can't imagine he wants to be in that situation again if he can avoid it.
Stein was on Ben and Skin this week and stated that Wade is absolutely not an option. He said there is zero chance that he signs here and he thinks he's almost certainly staying in Miami.

As to your statement, I absolutely disagree with the one year window notion. I think Dirk is going to be capable of being the second best player on a championship team for quite a while. Beyond that, you have an owner that has proven he will spend what it takes to put pieces in place. Maybe Chicago looks better over the next five years, but other than them, I don't see a better opportunity than ours for the near future.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
they are excellent points
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Stein was on Ben and Skin this week and stated that Wade is absolutely not an option. He said there is zero chance that he signs here and he thinks he's almost certainly staying in Miami.

As to your statement, I absolutely disagree with the one year window notion. I think Dirk is going to be capable of being the second best player on a championship team for quite a while. Beyond that, you have an owner that has proven he will spend what it takes to put pieces in place. Maybe Chicago looks better over the next five years, but other than them, I don't see a better opportunity than ours for the near future.
And given that Chicago is such an attractive place, I think that actually plays really nicely into our hands in the event that we can convince the LeBron to come here.

Then again, it might be so attractive that he doesn't want to go elsewhere. We'll see.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interestingly enough, whoever made that site cared enough to establish the domain with a proxy so you couldn't do a simple lookup and figure out who owns the domain.

Based on the graphical quality of the site, and the use of a domain proxy, I feel pretty confident that the Mavs are behind that site.
Giggity!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

They just put up a C'mon Lebron song on that site. It's pretty good.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're thinking of it the wrong way. These aren't #2 guys who need a young stars with lots of years ahead of them to compete. These are #1 guys who expect that a team will be built around them. If we get Lebron or Wade, we are as young as either of those guys (25 or 28, respectively). The age of our other stars is pretty much irrelevant.

These guys have huge egos--they're not worried about "oh, but what happens once Dirk is too old?" They're thinking, "Once Dirk is too old, I'll still be the man in Dallas, just like I will be the first day I get there."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #17
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
And given that Chicago is such an attractive place, I think that actually plays really nicely into our hands in the event that we can convince the LeBron to come here.

Then again, it might be so attractive that he doesn't want to go elsewhere. We'll see.
NJ isn't all that bad either, big man, point guard, several wings, Brooklyn, Russian Cuban, and a high lottery pick this year. Cleveland's in the dumper and you can blame Delonte for that.

Every time I read that, I'm thinking you idiot, why did you have to answer the door, it's not your room, I'd be hiding under the bed.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #18
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

What if we get Dwade...
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #19
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
NJ isn't all that bad either, big man, point guard, several wings, Brooklyn, Russian Cuban, and a high lottery pick this year. Cleveland's in the dumper and you can blame Delonte for that.

Every time I read that, I'm thinking you idiot, why did you have to answer the door, it's not your room, I'd be hiding under the bed.
Is the Delonte story for real?

My feelings on New Jersey are solely dependent on how the lottery goes. If they end up with the first pick and grab John Wall and then deal Devin for a decent shooting guard, suddenly that does look like a very appealing place to go.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

That is a very nicely put together website. Very professional.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're thinking of it the wrong way. These aren't #2 guys who need a young stars with lots of years ahead of them to compete. These are #1 guys who expect that a team will be built around them. If we get Lebron or Wade, we are as young as either of those guys (25 or 28, respectively). The age of our other stars is pretty much irrelevant.

These guys have huge egos--they're not worried about "oh, but what happens once Dirk is too old?" They're thinking, "Once Dirk is too old, I'll still be the man in Dallas, just like I will be the first day I get there."
I couldn't disagree more. Lebron's already been there and done that. It's lead to playoff disappointment and people questioning his ability to be a lead dog. I pretty sure that at this point he knows he needs help and wouldn't be so sure about our ability to replace a player as talented as Dirk.

He would have immediate help here but again, losing a year would be disastrous given the age of our core. Maybe in two years Dirk's still playing at a high level and we've managed to replace the production that we're currently getting from Kidd and Marion but it's going to take more than money. We're going to have to get lucky. If I'm Lebron I'm not betting my legacy on that. I hope he does but I wouldn't.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #22
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. Lebron's already been there and done that. It's lead to playoff disappointment and people questioning his ability to be a lead dog. I pretty sure that at this point he knows he needs help and wouldn't be so sure about our ability to replace a player as talented as Dirk.

He would have immediate help here but again, losing a year would be disastrous given the age of our core. Maybe in two years Dirk's still playing at a high level and we've managed to replace the production that we're currently getting from Kidd and Marion but it's going to take more than money. We're going to have to get lucky. If I'm Lebron I'm not betting my legacy on that. I hope he does but I wouldn't.
The age of the Dallas core might be enough to make Lebron/Wade shy away from a deal of maximum length, but who's to say that's what they're after anyway? If you start talking about a three year deal (and there's certainly precedent for believing that they'd consider a contract in that range), Dallas' age is of almost no concern.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #23
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
The age of the Dallas core might be enough to make Lebron/Wade shy away from a deal of maximum length, but who's to say that's what they're after anyway? If you start talking about a three year deal (and there's certainly precedent for believing that they'd consider a contract in that range), Dallas' age is of almost no concern.
No one is going to pass up a maximum length deal at max pay especially if their reasoning is that the signing team won't be able to compete for very much longer....
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:31 AM   #24
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
No one is going to pass up a maximum length deal at max pay especially if their reasoning is that the signing team won't be able to compete for very much longer....
Lebron, Wade and Bosh are all coming off three-year deals.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Lebron, Wade and Bosh are all coming off three-year deals.
Yeah but certainly they'd be crazy to sign three year deals this time around considering the pending labor issues and what people seem to think are going to happen to contract lengths and max numbers.

In fact those three year deals they're coming off of were specifically designed to expire just in time for them to sign huge, long contracts before the new CBA kicked in.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-18-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #26
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

NJ is the 75% frontrunner for me.

It wont be Knicks or Heat.

I give us 20% and the other 5% anyone else...

Nets have Lopez (huge factor), Harris, several young players to pack in a deal (Lee, CDR, Williams, Yi), their pick, our pick AND probably also cap for 2 max players (and if not straight then after dumping one minor talent for a TE).

James can sell 2010 and 2012 new jerseys to the world...

Would be allready ok to grab Lee or Boozer.

Harris
CDR/Williams/Lee
James
Boozer or D.Lee
Lopez

Wall/Turner?!

Last edited by sefant77; 05-18-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why?

I don't see New Jersey offering anything that New York can't do better.

Knicks vs Nets is like Cowboys vs Texans - no contest!

I bet New Jersey is the one team left without a chair when the music stops...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-18-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #28
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah but certainly they'd be crazy to sign three year deals this time around considering the pending labor issues and what people seem to think are going to happen to contract lengths and max numbers.

In fact those three year deals they're coming off of were specifically designed to expire just in time for them to sign huge, long contracts before the new CBA kicked in.
That's a fair point. I'd not been considering the possibility that they wouldn't be able to sign a comparable deal next time around on the market. Though I also think the press to get the money now because it won't be available later favors a S&T if any of them leave their current teams, and that should be sufficient to keep the Mavs in the running for their services.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #29
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why?

I don't see New Jersey offering anything that New York can't do better.

Knicks vs Nets is like Cowboys vs Texans - no contest!

I bet New Jersey is the one team left without a chair when the music stops...
The Cowboys/Texans thing is true but NJ has a better core of young players and they're going to add a top four pick. The Nets are in much better position to win.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

And they have one of the best young center. You need lenght to beat the Magic and Lakers the next year. They will laugh their asses off about Bosh/Curry.

And there arent many good center available. Or do you think the Magic gonna trade Gortat to the Knicks as a missing piece?

Its Lopez, the higher amount of talents (Gali/Chandler vs Harris/Lee/CDR/YI/Williams/Pick) and future picks. And probably Nets can sign 2 Max...

I just dont see any points for the Knicks.

Douglas
Chandler
James/Gali
Bosh
Curry

and no picks (the next years) or MLE is a joke..

Nets also moved out of the Izod trash center to Newark. Nice arena, no problems to fill it with James until 2012...

Last edited by sefant77; 05-18-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
That's a fair point. I'd not been considering the possibility that they wouldn't be able to sign a comparable deal next time around on the market. Though I also think the press to get the money now because it won't be available later favors a S&T if any of them leave their current teams, and that should be sufficient to keep the Mavs in the running for their services.
Definitely. Any huge star that moves this off season through a straight contract signing needs to fire their agent. It's more important than ever to get that extra year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-18-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #32
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Cowboys/Texans thing is true but NJ has a better core of young players and they're going to add a top four pick. The Nets are in much better position to win.
Besides Harris and Lopez, I don't see much on the Nets roster that is really appealing. The top four pick is still a little shaky in my book. If they can get Wall or Turner, that would be pretty appealing, but after those two I don't really see much in the way of can't-miss-prospects.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #33
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yep, LBJ led the charge on that. Don't underestimate this kid's business sense. And they will max it out this time around.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #34
Windmill360
Diamond Member

ESPN and Mark Cuban taking notice:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=5204809
Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

http://www.lebrontodabulls.com/
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It wont be Knicks or Heat.

I give us 20% and the other 5% anyone else...

Nets have Lopez (huge factor), Harris, several young players to pack in a deal (Lee, CDR, Williams, Yi), their pick, our pick AND probably also cap for 2 max players (and if not straight then after dumping one minor talent for a TE).

James can sell 2010 and 2012 new jerseys to the world...

Would be allready ok to grab Lee or Boozer.

Harris
CDR/Williams/Lee
James
Boozer or D.Lee
Lopez

Wall/Turner?!
I wouldve been inclined to agree until recently but with NJ slipping to 3rd, them being in Newark for 2 or 3 more years and the fact that they won just 12 games last season might make it pretty hard to justify the switch.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #37
mac222b
Diamond Member

i see it right now as Knicks, Mavs, and Bulls in a dead heat(no pun intended). i think he's gone from Cleveland and wants no part of sharing the rock with Dwade. NJ not landing Wall severely cripples their chances.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
i see it right now as Knicks, Mavs, and Bulls in a dead heat(no pun intended). i think he's gone from Cleveland and wants no part of sharing the rock with Dwade. NJ not landing Wall severely cripples their chances.
I brought this up in the other section, but I just cannot see Lebron gambling his entire legacy on New York. If they get Chris Bosh on the first day of free agency then maybe. But the guy has made it perfectly clear that winning is his top priority, and I just can't imagine Lebron sees the Knicks as any kind of greener pasture (same goes for New Jersey.)

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-21-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #39
sefant77
Guru

Even with Bosh the frontcourt is still a joke if you have to beat the Lakers or Magic. And good centers are rare and i dont see the Magic trading Gortat to the Knicks

Knicks need to get Bosh AND dump Curry for Okafor on the 1st day...
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #40
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Every time someone mentions LeBron/Bosh, I wonder how the hell that's even close to LeBron/Dirk...

Age? What's a couple extra years of NOT winning a ring worth?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kingqueef's presents, yawn