Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 12-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alternate title that does not attract bots?

This is not a diss at the current mods. Most of you guys are my favorite posters and I'm glad you guys are mods.. but is it just me, or do the mods seem to be missing a lot lately? GDTs not getting stickied till after tip off, and just a general absence of posting from them. It's calming to know that the regulars are in the GDT posting so if cadbane (or any trolls) tries to come in and screw it all up, it will be taken care of right away.

I know life can make people busy and this board shouldn't be high on anyones priority list.. but there are lots of us who are on the board allll the time that could step up if people are getting too busy.

edit: I guess I only notice because it was SOOO good for awhile. I knew that if there was a problem, I had like 4 options of people to PM and I KNEW they would be on. Now, not so much. And I beg that you don't take this personally.. like right now jthig and mary are on, so it's not bad... but a couple people shouldn't be expected to carry the load. There's a reason why so many mods are "hired"... Even if there's 1 mods on at all times, there should be more IMO...

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 12-15-2010 at 10:13 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

fluid.... the GDT sticky thing was done by me religiously until I finally got help however long ago. I admit I slacked off of it this year, and apologize. To be honest though it makes it easier when the thread is started early so when I get on in the morning I can do it first thing.... When it's later in the day it's not top of mind when I come on because of the past habits I formed.

I'll make a concerted effort to try and get on top of that. I also really appreciate the offer of help. We do have alot of active mods on this forum, I bet letting them (and me) know what is bothering you (or anyone else for that matter) will help out.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Two things:

1) Who cares about stickies for GDT's? I can't imagine they won't always be near the top anyway, and for those of us who use the "New Posts" feature to keep up with the board, the sticky doesn't even matter.

2) You will wish the mods are either A) not around, or B) in a generous mood, when the urge strikes you to start spewing a bunch of f-bombs when something goes bad. Or at least, I do.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Another point - Cadbane has been allowed to run rampant on the GDT.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I like it. We ought to keep that guy around. Why did he get banned in the first place? I mean, I know he was obnoxious...but who doesn't need a foil?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be more available after this week!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 AM   #7
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I am mainly a reader here.. but this board is easily the best board I have been on in terms of the ratio of quality posters to trolls, as well as the moderation. I simply click on the "New Posts" link every time I come on, quickly notice whatever I am interested in reading/posting in and goto it that way. Stickies mean nothing to me. And thus, I see little reason for there to be multiple mods on at all times.

I will say though that because this board's quality, I think we should go even further with it. If someone gets into the red boxes in rep, I dont think they should be able to participate here. That is about the only thing I care about here.. most everything else is kinda trivial.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I like it. We ought to keep that guy around. Why did he get banned in the first place? I mean, I know he was obnoxious...but who doesn't need a foil?
He went a bit (a lot) beyond "obnoxious." Still, he's been better behaved in his most recent return, probably as part of his thinly-veiled attempts to disguise himself. I'm personally okay with him staying for as long as he doesn't slip back into his old mantra.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #9
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The GDT is generally a thread where posters discuss the basketball game at hand, not whine about posters they don't like. There's an ignore button for a reason. Please try to keep from derailing GDTs in the future.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Two things:

1) Who cares about stickies for GDT's? I can't imagine they won't always be near the top anyway, and for those of us who use the "New Posts" feature to keep up with the board, the sticky doesn't even matter.

2) You will wish the mods are either A) not around, or B) in a generous mood, when the urge strikes you to start spewing a bunch of f-bombs when something goes bad. Or at least, I do.
Well said, Lex.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #11
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

dammit who pissed off the mods?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
I am mainly a reader here.. but this board is easily the best board I have been on in terms of the ratio of quality posters to trolls, as well as the moderation. I simply click on the "New Posts" link every time I come on, quickly notice whatever I am interested in reading/posting in and goto it that way. Stickies mean nothing to me. And thus, I see little reason for there to be multiple mods on at all times.

I will say though that because this board's quality, I think we should go even further with it. If someone gets into the red boxes in rep, I dont think they should be able to participate here. That is about the only thing I care about here.. most everything else is kinda trivial.
The problem with that is that 4-5 guys can gang up on someone and run them off the board based only on rep. The board is already rampant with newbies that don't know all that much about basketball but like to think they're in control.. let's not make it worse.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-17-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

Theres a poster named creepingdeath from ISH waiting for activation.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Theres a poster named creepingdeath from ISH waiting for activation.
Did this happen? I guess his actually name is creepingdeath41.

Tags
careforsomecheese, return of the quack!, spam attack