Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #41
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Similar situation to Tim Thomas, no?

Dude had to attend to his wife for one-plus season.
Tim actually played really well for the team before leaving. Odom has stunk it up from beginning to his early end.
I rather see Yi at this point.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #42
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Tim Thomas was my freakin Guy, I loved that dude. I used to hate him back when he was in Phoenix, but when he got here he was great. You could tell Dirk and the others really liked him as well. I hope TT and his wife are doing good wherever they are.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

thomas had that one game where dirk was out where he played like dirk.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #44
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
thomas had that one game where dirk was out where he played like dirk.
I remember that game. It was against the Cavs with LeBron.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #45
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I made the Tim Thomas squirrel pic after this game
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Similar situation to Tim Thomas, no?

Dude had to attend to his wife for one-plus season.
Similar, but I'll point out that tending to your wife (or child) tends to call for a more leeway (in this case, in the form of time off from work) than tending to your parent.

Crazy thing is, Lamar has already lost a child. Guy can't catch a break on or off the court.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jeff Wade ‏ @SkinWade
Can't believe I just heard another Odom is done rumor from completely different unrelated source...too weird...gotta be gossip, right?
More smoke.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #48
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Ahh I hate former Lakers playing on the Mavs...but I was ready to support LO and did for the first few weeks. BUT it was apparent from the whining and bitching and the emotional distress he displayed at being traded that he is just weak. PLAYERS get traded all the time, they go and play...but NOT Lamar. IMO I was at the F**K LO point a few weeks back...he is a drag the team and we dont need him PERIOD.

Whatever hes got to do elsewhere ...good for him. I hope not to see him in a Mavs uniform again. We have a team thats ready to battle for each other and LO was not part of that.

Soo my last words on this....F**K Lamar.....GOO MAVS

Last edited by AO41; 02-27-2012 at 11:26 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #49
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

And IMO...there is some similarities to TT....but TT was great and hell if hes still around I would rather bring him back and let hims play some that LO.

TT was good when he was here......LO not so much
Old 02-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #50
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Bigger let-down? Walker. Biggest difference between Odom and Walker is that Walker was getting huge minutes at "point forward" - at least we don't have Nellie here starting Lamar over Kidd or Marion or Haywood. Also, I don't automatically envision Lamar Odom in a shiny silver jersey, so I have to dislike him a little bit less than Walker for that alone.

At least Antoine got us Jet though.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-27-2012 at 11:30 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #51
AO41
Platinum Member

Walker was bad...but he did some good things...and I mean if I remember correctly even had a game winner?? against SEATTLE?? lol I remember because that whole year he had to refrain from doing the SHIMMY and when he hit that shot...he SHIMMYD lol

At least he had the SHIMMY...LO doesn't have anything
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #52
AO41
Platinum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pa3MTfxnE

HAHAHA I just made my self LOL....cuz i actually went lookin for it...and HERE IT IS
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #53
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

whats with that dance?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #54
AO41
Platinum Member

Thats the SHIMMY
Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #55
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Antonie has fans?
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #56
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The idiot took more threes than Nash and Dirk and shot 27%

Last edited by sefant77; 02-28-2012 at 12:06 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #57
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sefant77 again.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #58
AO41
Platinum Member

Def. not a fan of Walker lol...but like I said he at least did a few good thing to go with a bunch of bad...where as LO is just a bunch of bad
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #59
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

oh lamar i watched u drive opponents crazy for years then u land on my team and u fail to deliver.

so disappointing. all we needed was 9-11 ppg 5-7 rebs in 20-23 mins a game. oh well.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #60
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Well according to the most recent tweets, he's still staying on the team.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #61
AO41
Platinum Member

Yea he is going to stay on the team...but that doesnt mean he is staying. I bet they are looking for trades as we speak. They dont want to pay someone all that money that doesnt want to be here and contribute.

Shoot at this point I would consider just trading him to Charlotte or Philly, but even they might not want him.

1. LO for Diaw

2. LO for Nocioni

Last edited by AO41; 02-28-2012 at 01:06 AM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #62
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
whats with that dance?
Bro... the shimmy.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #63
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Well I guess LO has been able to hit a new LO

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #64
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Antoine Walker is probably the most under-appreciated Mav ever. He wasn't at all a good fit on our team, but the guy flat produced night-in and night-out. You have a headache with Odom? Walker would be giving you a smooth massage.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #65
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Yea he is going to stay on the team...but that doesnt mean he is staying. I bet they are looking for trades as we speak. They dont want to pay someone all that money that doesnt want to be here and contribute.

Shoot at this point I would consider just trading him to Charlotte or Philly, but even they might not want him.

1. LO for Diaw

2. LO for Nocioni
would really help us out, but it would leave us very weak at the 4 since cardinal cant knock down a three this year

Last edited by 4Dirk1Nowitzki; 02-28-2012 at 02:44 AM.
4Dirk1Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #66
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Wright can play as a 4 and so can Yi
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #67
mavs777
Diamond Member

they aren't going to piss off dan fegan
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #68
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pa3MTfxnE

HAHAHA I just made my self LOL....cuz i actually went lookin for it...and HERE IT IS
The shimmy!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #69
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
they aren't going to piss off dan fegan
Send Odom to the Bobcats or Raptors and that just might do it.

I don't think I want ever wanted a mavs player gone as much as I want Odom gone.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #70
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Man...this isn't all it's cracked up to be. I really don't want to see Cardinal at the 3...
No kidding. I'm amazed that people are actually happy about this. This is seriously bad news.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #71
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
No kidding. I'm amazed that people are actually happy about this. This is seriously bad news.
What he said.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #72
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

I hope the rumors of a buy out are not true, contrary to the garbage that many are speaking, we do need Lamar if we want to go all the way.... I hope Lamar is back very soon, there's still a chance he can get it together by playoff time... Odom's really not a bad guy from what I can tell, but he's definitely in a mental funk right now though... Don't be mistaken, Odom playing well is what would put us over the top...
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
I hope the rumors of a buy out are not true, contrary to the garbage that many are speaking, we do need Lamar if we want to go all the way.... I hope Lamar is back very soon, there's still a chance he can get it together by playoff time... Odom's really not a bad guy from what I can tell, but he's definitely in a mental funk right now though... Don't be mistaken, Odom playing well is what would put us over the top...
No, it wouldn't. It would have been a nice lil addition to help our bench some, but were just not gonna see that.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #74
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

We could really use odom playing well. Right now when the dirkster goes out there just isn't much out there. Brandon wright, cardinal... Yuck.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #75
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

As much as i hate Odom, without him we have probably zero chance to survive this season.

We need a QUALITY backup at SF/PF to give Marion and Dirk some rest. Playing Carter at SG and SF has an injury written all over it... the same goes for Marion at SF/PF.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-28-2012 at 08:55 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #76
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

What probably would happen is that Marion gets fewer minutes at SF, moves to backup PF and Vince getting more minutes. I like Vince in the starting unit, but he works better as SF in bench lineups and starting Delonte again won't hurt the starting unit.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #77
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Meanwhile: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...for-lamar-odom
Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #78
AO41
Platinum Member

MARION would get a few mins at PF and VC wuld get some at SF that Marion leaves. Delonte can fill out the rest at the G.

Thers also Wright and Yi if we didnt wabt to mess with the rotation
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #79
AO41
Platinum Member

If LO wasanywhere near his old form..then tjers no Q he wuld be huge for this team and our chances of winning....but mentally he is not here and hes a frag on the team. We dont have time to wait for him especially this seadon the way it is.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
As much as i hate Odom, without him we have probably zero chance to survive this season.
We won a championship last season without Odom and Marion playing back-up minutes. Not sure what evidence you have that the Mavs can't survive the season without a guy who has been terrible so far?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hopehegetsgilloolyed, lamar odom > cadbane, lol khloe, odom's bag of rocks, odom's empty bag