Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #841
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

OKC off to a great start. Klay Thompson is ice cold.

On a side note- it's weird to see Chris Webber on commentary. He's actually decent. Reggie Miller on the other hand is still f*cking terrible.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #842
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Klay Thompson is ice cold.
Guess I jinxed it.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:50 PM   #843
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

All series it's been the same. Warriors can only shoot 3s because of Thunder 7 footers in the paint along with Roberson. Just have to hope they start falling

Edit: klay makes it rain

Last edited by Melonhead; 05-30-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #844
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

10 offensive rebounds already for thunder...
Old 05-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #845
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Edit: klay makes it rain
Just like game 6, he is single handedly keeping GSW from getting blown out.

Also- holy sh*t, what a crazy shot from Curry to end the half.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #846
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I'm calling it right now, OKC's done. They've blown their best chance, and now they look nervous and are playing stupid. GSW will win by double digits... I really hope I'm wrong.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #847
Melonhead
Guru

OKC doesnt trust what got them to 3-1. Reverting in game 6 and game 7 to iso ball and not relying on their bigs. 3 minutes to see if they overcome GSW.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #848
Melonhead
Guru

Is Westbrook laughing now? Continue disrespecting the mvp and reigning champs. I am glad they often dont respect other players. And KD is such a follower of Westbrook in his words and attitude. They need to split up in order to grow.

Last edited by Melonhead; 05-30-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #849
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:40 PM   #850
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I believe this is the end of OKC as we know it. This kinda reminds me of the '07 Mavs that got beaten in the first round. I don't see how a team can survive this. Donovan will remain as coach since this is his first year, but either Durant will leave, or he stays and others like Westbrook or Ibaka will be traded.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:42 PM   #851
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Is Westbrook laughing now? Continue disrespecting the mvp and reigning champs. I am glad they often dont respect other players. And KD is such a follower of Westbrook in his words and attitude. They need to split up in order to grow.
100% agree... Not only do they need to mature as men, but I also think their individual games would benefit if they each had their own team to lead (much like Dirk & Nash). It's no coincidence that they tend to play their best basketball when the other is injured or slumping -- those two rarely fire on all cylinders at the same time.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #852
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

OKC just collapsed mentally in both games 6 and 7. Both times they were controlling the game, but as soon as the Dubs started hitting threes, OKC started making awful decisions and turning the ball over. You could see it in their body language. They were scared.

I don't think Cleveland matches up with GSW nearly as well as OKC, but I think they'll have a better chance just because they're smarter and more mature.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #853
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

OKC lacked the maturity to close out the series under a massive amount of pressure. You can't put the blame solely on one person but the majority definitely resides on Durant. I do agree with the TNT crew that KD would be stupid to leave given what they've built there and the quality of still young players. Honestly, I'm sure GSW will make a pitch to him, but he doesn't really fit with the rest of their team and may actually hurt more than help.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:19 AM   #854
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Westbrook is yet another case of a guard who you love and hate for the same reason-- he plays with reckless abandon. He'll make plays no one else would dare to try, but it isn't conducive to the efficiency-maximization ball of the playoffs. You can only play stupid ball so much in the playoffs and also the harder Westbrook goes, the less Durant gets the ball. Westbrook's next level makes Durant obsolete or at least turns him into a spot-up shooter because Westbrook needs the rock to be effective. Durant figured that out.

OKC just got better as the playoffs went on, but they absolutely hit their peak in the finals and it still wasn't good enough. They remind me of the Kings when the Lakers were dominant-- good enough to trash other teams but just not good enough to ever go to the finals.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-31-2016 at 10:21 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:44 AM   #855
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
OKC lacked the maturity to close out the series under a massive amount of pressure. You can't put the blame solely on one person but the majority definitely resides on Durant. I do agree with the TNT crew that KD would be stupid to leave given what they've built there and the quality of still young players. Honestly, I'm sure GSW will make a pitch to him, but he doesn't really fit with the rest of their team and may actually hurt more than help.
But how much maturity period you can give a team? This OKC core (minus Harden) has been essentially there since '11 when Mavs beat them in conference finals. And you can draw similarities to the '11 WCF and '16 WCF: got close but not close enough and when the pressure mounted in a crucial game, they resorted to chucking bad shots or committed turnovers. The only difference is that both Westbrook's clothing and thrashtalking got louder over the years.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:58 AM   #856
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm rooting against the Warriors as hard as I can. Rooting against them... but not betting against them.
Sigh, indeed.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:46 AM   #857
Underdog

Yeah, I can't root against GS at this point because I absolutely hate LeBron.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 PM   #858
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post

I wouldn't say the majority of the blame is on Durant. He definitely needs to be more assertive at times, but Westbrook's ill-advised shots often results in a complete turnaround in momentum. Not to mention all the missed wide open shots by Roberson (2-11) and Waiters (2-9), both of whom combined to miss all 9 threes they took. And don't get me started on Donovan's rotation. Thunder were at their best when they moved the ball and had Adams or Kanter down low to clean up. I get that they wanted to make sure they were able to switch picks but you can't let the Warriors dictate what sort of game you're playing or you've already lost. 35 minutes for both Kanter and Adams is just not good coaching.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #859
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I can't root against GS at this point because I absolutely hate LeBron.
Same, but I instead hate Love, JR Smith, and Dellavadova
Old 05-31-2016, 11:09 PM   #860
Melonhead
Guru

I dont want to see Lebron win another title. I have no problem admitting the greatness of GSW, so it wont bother me if they win. But I hateeeeee Green.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:28 PM   #861
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I'm rooting for Cleveland partly because Cavs rhymes with Mavs.... don't laugh.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #862
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm rooting for Cleveland partly because Cavs rhymes with Mavs.... don't laugh.
Go Mavaliers!
Old 06-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #863
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Cavs better be careful what they ask for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwY9y6O3hw
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #864
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

David Lee to Spurs on two year deal. Multiple sources reporting.

Loved the guy, sad he's on our rival. Actually glad to have youth.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #865
Underdog

NBA union boss ‘optimistic’ there won’t be a lockout next year

Old 08-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #866
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Adam Silver need just say Solomon Hill in negotiations.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #867
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If the CBA is re-negotiated and not extended, the owners really need to push for a provision that allows players to sign extensions of higher value than what they could get in free agency. Right now there's no reason for them to re-sign, ever... if they're really concerned with the whole "small market teams can't sign/keep superstars" that's one of the first things they should address. I think that whole concept is bullshit, as top-tier players have gravitated towards winning organizations instead of just glamorous ones, but it's a small-ish thing I see that can contribute to greater competitive balance.

And FWIW if it was up to me, there would be no salary cap, no max salaries and no luxury tax. I want owners in the league that are here to compete. The new TV deal guarantees enormous profitability.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote