keep dirk, blow up the core, pursue a mid-range FA 1 1.00%
blow up everything, pursue a big-name FA 3 3.00%
blow up everything, rebuild 9 9.00%
keep dirk, keep the core, replace/resign Damp 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #121
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love DWade, but realistically I have my hopes low. I certainly think its possible, though...I feel about 75% sure he's going to leave (I don't think they're getting Bosh or Amare or Boozer, though if they do, I'd bet he stays). Where does he go? I think the Mavericks definitely have ways to obtain him, and if the Heat are going to have to choose between a S&T (that includes Butler and a 1st rounder) or just flat out losing him...the decision is obvious.

Last edited by tcat075; 05-09-2010 at 11:10 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #122
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Get rid of: Kidd, Terry, Dampier, JJB.

Go hard after: Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Lebron James(long shot but of course i'll take him), Dwayne Wade.

When the new season starts up i want to see a line up of Roddy at PG, Joe Johnson/Dwayne Wade at SG, Butler and Marion at SF, Dirk at PF, and Boozer/Bosh along with Woody at C.

If we keep any of the guys i said get rid of except for maybe Kidd, then i'll be disappointed. If we go into it with them as our starters or part of our regular rotations, i'll boycott the team.

If Dirk keeps his mouth shut like a good little boy then just surround him with winners or guys with superior talent at this point of his career. if he starts yapping then ship him too, he's at fault just like everyone else for this team becoming the laughingstock of the NBA so he doesn't have the right to say anything.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #123
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

agree with this guy ^ 100%
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #124
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
Get rid of: Kidd, Terry, Dampier, JJB.

Go hard after: Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Lebron James(long shot but of course i'll take him), Dwayne Wade.

When the new season starts up i want to see a line up of Roddy at PG, Joe Johnson/Dwayne Wade at SG, Butler and Marion at SF, Dirk at PF, and Boozer/Bosh along with Woody at C.

If we keep any of the guys i said get rid of except for maybe Kidd, then i'll be disappointed. If we go into it with them as our starters or part of our regular rotations, i'll boycott the team.

If Dirk keeps his mouth shut like a good little boy then just surround him with winners or guys with superior talent at this point of his career. if he starts yapping then ship him too, he's at fault just like everyone else for this team becoming the laughingstock of the NBA so he doesn't have the right to say anything.
When has Dirk done anything that would make you say something like "if Dirk keeps his mouth shut"? Are you stupid?

And how in the hell are we suppose to sign Wade AND Bosh. Because even if we get one with the DUST/Butler chips, the other is NOT going to come from just "Kidd, Terry and/or JJB".
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #125
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
When has Dirk done anything that would make you say something like "if Dirk keeps his mouth shut"? Are you stupid?

And how in the hell are we suppose to sign Wade AND Bosh. Because even if we get one with the DUST/Butler chips, the other is NOT going to come from just "Kidd, Terry and/or JJB".
Dirk has been the leader and superstar for this team as long as i can remember and we've lost and had some of the most shocking/disappointing losses in NBA history. He's not Tim Duncan, he's not Kobe Bryant, he hasn't willed this team to a chip like he should have during that finals run, so why should he make all of these demands and "keep his options open" like he deserves better? Wade was surrounded by guys like Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, Old Mourning, and somewhat old Shaq. Are you telling me that was better than JET, Howard, Harris, Stackhouse etc? Hell no, but why don't we have a chip right now? It's because Dirk came up short.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #126
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk has been the leader and superstar for this team as long as i can remember and we've lost and had some of the most shocking/disappointing losses in NBA history. He's not Tim Duncan, he's not Kobe Bryant, he hasn't willed this team to a chip like he should have during that finals run, so why should he make all of these demands and "keep his options open" like he deserves better? Wade was surrounded by guys like Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, Old Mourning, and somewhat old Shaq. Are you telling me that was better than JET, Howard, Harris, Stackhouse etc? Hell no, but why don't we have a chip right now? It's because Dirk came up short.
Wow.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 AM   #127
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

what if dirk opts out and he is "willing to do whatever to win a championship here" and takes a paycut to like 2 years for 30mil or so...would that free up cap space to possibly sign joe johnson or a dwade?? then still having that damp chip in his pocket??
or am i on too much hydrocodeine??? hahaha
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 AM   #128
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
No, actually it is because the whole team came up short. I was under the impression that basketball is a team sport. But looks like I was mistaken. Thank God you set me straight.
Finley, then Nash served as the leaders of the team for a number of years. Dirk pretty much became the leader once Nash left. He was the leader when they actually got to the Finals.
This past postseason result isn't solely Dirk's fault. Does he deserve some blame? Sure, but Dirk, Butler, and Roddy showed up while Jet laid another postseason turd, Marion missed bunnies, and Damp managed to not make one single field goal all series. Kidd was essentially absent all series and RC experimented with horrific rotations. Guess Jet bricking away while Roddy should have played is Dirk's fault, too-right?
He hasn't made any demands and simply stated he was keeping his options open which can mean any number of things.
Placing all the blame on one specific person is ridiculous.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #129
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I would love DWade, but realistically I have my hopes low. I certainly think its possible, though...I feel about 75% sure he's going to leave (I don't think they're getting Bosh or Amare or Boozer, though if they do, I'd bet he stays). Where does he go? I think the Mavericks definitely have ways to obtain him, and if the Heat are going to have to choose between a S&T (that includes Butler and a 1st rounder) or just flat out losing him...the decision is obvious.
these are my thoughts as well...is Wade wants the combo of winning and a great shot at a ring/s, Dallas is, I think, his BEST option.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #130
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
what if dirk opts out and he is "willing to do whatever to win a championship here" and takes a paycut to like 2 years for 30mil or so...would that free up cap space to possibly sign joe johnson or a dwade?? then still having that damp chip in his pocket??
or am i on too much hydrocodeine??? hahaha
We're still over the cap, it doesn't really matter I don't think. Even factoring in this hypothetical pay cut by Dirk.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #131
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

First of all we need to dump Damp. We can not even afford to have him as the two post, perhaps as the third for the min. Terry is a question mark. He would be good to have on the team but only if the coach would not give him big min unless he was hot. He is a libility otherwise. Roddy needs to be ready to play the point by the playoffs. The main thing is to get rid of some of the unidementional players we can not afford to have so many on the roster. Terry, JJB, Damp, and yes Kidd. Although I don't think we should get rid of him. This is still a good core. We need to resign Haywood that is really important.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #132
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
these are my thoughts as well...is Wade wants the combo of winning and a great shot at a ring/s, Dallas is, I think, his BEST option.
I don't know what Chicago has in terms of a quasi-like DUST-Chip or draft picks...but they seem like a team that could easily compete to win his services. That's his hometown and they've got an awesome guard with Rose and an energetic big man in Noah. They've got pieces...
Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #133
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It looks to me like Chicago could renounce some of their free agents (or whatever the technical maneuver is called) and have enough cash to sign one of the top free agents outright. Under those circumstances I can see them having some appeal for Wade. I don't see Noah as much of a draw, but a big 3 of Rose/Wade/Deng would be good. Not as good as a Dirk/Wade duo, mind you...

Any trade scenarios would likely see Deng headed to Miami, I'd think, and that would deflate Chicago's potential contender status.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #134
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

What are the odds that New Orleans would part ways with Chris Paul?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #135
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
It looks to me like Chicago could renounce some of their free agents (or whatever the technical maneuver is called) and have enough cash to sign one of the top free agents outright. Under those circumstances I can see them having some appeal for Wade. I don't see Noah as much of a draw, but a big 3 of Rose/Wade/Deng would be good. Not as good as a Dirk/Wade duo, mind you...

Any trade scenarios would likely see Deng headed to Miami, I'd think, and that would deflate Chicago's potential contender status.
Chicago is home for DWade. Chicago cleared cap space to make a run at him. Don't think Rose nor Deng would reach Dirk status, but if it's a comparable situation, Chicago does have a larger window, but Deng nor Rose has proven themselves in the postseason....that and state taxes.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #136
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What are the odds that New Orleans would part ways with Chris Paul?
No idea. He's kind of the forgotten superstar right now in the wake of his injuries, NO's struggles since their breakthrough a couple years ago, and Collison's brilliant rookie campaign, but I'd go after him in a second if he were available.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #137
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto. That would be phenomenal. It would likely render the need for a go-to guy at the 2 as JKidd can slide over. Defensively, between CP3/JKidd/Matrix, we would be okay against most points and swings of the league. Offensively, CP3 would bring the penetration while JKidd would stretch out the defense (this is starting to sound perverse) and our passing would be lights the f out.

If you are NOH, wouldn't you atleast consider Damp/Butler/Robo for CP3/Okafur? Not sure you would even need to include Robo - maybe a couple #1s will get it done.. though we may need to send more salary out to match CP3/Okafur. That's cap savings of 50-60 million for the Hornets.

We'd be:
CP3/Robo
JKidd/JET
Matrix
Dirk
Okafur/Wood

Beastly. Add an athletic swingman for MLE and do battle!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #138
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

They've got talent, Taj Gibson proved to be a great rebounder as a rookie and he'll get better on developing on the offensive end. Noah isn't a "draw" but the kid is talented. People weren't sure if his style would translate to the NBA and it does. He had a 20/20 game in the playoffs, so he can play on the big stage.

I don't think Deng is really considered a major piece in the future for the Bulls. Honestly it's Rose and Noah. If you've got the PG and the center locked up, those are the two spots that are hard to lock down and they've got it.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #139
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
They've got talent, Taj Gibson proved to be a great rebounder as a rookie and he'll get better on developing on the offensive end. Noah isn't a "draw" but the kid is talented. People weren't sure if his style would translate to the NBA and it does. He had a 20/20 game in the playoffs, so he can play on the big stage.

I don't think Deng is really considered a major piece in the future for the Bulls. Honestly it's Rose and Noah. If you've got the PG and the center locked up, those are the two spots that are hard to lock down and they've got it.
I guess all I can say is that if I'm Wade and the Bulls' best on-court selling point after Rose is Noah, I'd rather go to Dallas to play with Dirk.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #140
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I guess all I can say is that if I'm Wade and the Bulls' best on-court selling point after Rose is Noah, I'd rather go to Dallas to play with Dirk.
It's not always gonna be about just on-court selling points. It's a guy who has admitted his loves fashion and weather can be a factor on his free agent placement. Really...weather...
Chicago being his hometown could easily play a factor. Rose and being home could be a factor enough to sway him.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #141
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd bet on this. Dirk is probably a far more attractive running mate for Wade than a guy like Rose who is also a guard who needs to dominate the ball to be effective (like Wade).

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #142
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
hmm, yeah. We've only been saying that exact thing for like 5 years now.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #143
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Ditto. That would be phenomenal. It would likely render the need for a go-to guy at the 2 as JKidd can slide over. Defensively, between CP3/JKidd/Matrix, we would be okay against most points and swings of the league. Offensively, CP3 would bring the penetration while JKidd would stretch out the defense (this is starting to sound perverse) and our passing would be lights the f out.

If you are NOH, wouldn't you atleast consider Damp/Butler/Robo for CP3/Okafur? Not sure you would even need to include Robo - maybe a couple #1s will get it done.. though we may need to send more salary out to match CP3/Okafur. That's cap savings of 50-60 million for the Hornets.

We'd be:
CP3/Robo
JKidd/JET
Matrix
Dirk
Okafur/Wood

This is exactly what I was thinking when I posed the question.

Paul/Okafor is a huge chunk of change, but we've been kicking around long-term/high-dollar commitments like Kaman/Diddy, Iggy/Brand and Agent Zero so CP3/Okafor should be tossed into the conversation.

Sliding Kidd over to "shooting guard" is what I had in mind as well (a three-guard lineup of Kidd/Barea/JET sucks, but CP3/Kidd/Roddy would be beastly - Carlisle's coaching fetishes would instantly flip from weaknesses to strengths...)

Old 05-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #144
Underdog

Quote:
Chicago being his hometown could easily play a factor.
Ask LeBron how that's working out...

(there's a good chance I'll feast on crow, but my statement stands 100% true until proven otherwise!)

Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #145
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Ask LeBron how that's working out...

(there's a good chance I'll feast on crow, but my statement stands 100% true until proven otherwise!)
You know it was a different instance for LeBron

I'd also throw out the argument it's an easier route/less intense battle if you can jump on board a semi-established East team as opposed to jumping to the West. 1-2 solid improvements on to a team like that and you're pushing from 8th seed or out of the playoffs to a top 4 see in the East. You don't get that kind of improvement in the West.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #146
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'd bet on this. Dirk is probably a far more attractive running mate for Wade than a guy like Rose who is also a guard who needs to dominate the ball to be effective (like Wade).
Agreed. I view it as being somewhat comparable to Dallas' inevitable consideration of Bosh. A would-be homecoming, but an imperfect fit given the current makeup of the team. The player in question is one of the best in the league so it's worth an attempt from the team's standpoint, but the likely reality is that the courtship is unlikely to be successful if for no other reason than because some other team can probably make a more convincing pitch.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #147
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Agreed. I view it as being somewhat comparable to Dallas' inevitable consideration of Bosh. A would-be homecoming, but an imperfect fit given the current makeup of the team. The player in question is one of the best in the league so it's worth an attempt from the team's standpoint, but the likely reality is that the courtship is unlikely to be successful if for no other reason than because some other team can probably make a more convincing pitch.
No Doubt. Wade/Rose or Dirk/Bosh are just improved versions of AI/Mello. Guys that do the same things from the same spots on the floor don't usually mesh well enough to get it done deep in the playoffs.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #148
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
You know it was a different instance for LeBron

I'd also throw out the argument it's an easier route/less intense battle if you can jump on board a semi-established East team as opposed to jumping to the West. 1-2 solid improvements on to a team like that and you're pushing from 8th seed or out of the playoffs to a top 4 see in the East. You don't get that kind of improvement in the West.
Wade and Dirk on the same team would make any imbalance in conference depth a non-issue. Unless he wants to go sign on with Orlando for the MLE, Dallas is likely to be Wade's best shot at a title, the rest of the West be damned.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #149
Underdog

Quote:
No Doubt. Wade/Rose or Dirk/Bosh are just improved versions of AI/Mello. Guys that do the same things from the same spots on the floor don't usually mesh well enough to get it done deep in the playoffs.
Preach on...

Wade/Rose = excellent potential

Dirk/Bosh = excellent potential

Dirk/Wade = rings

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #150
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Preach on...

Wade/Rose = excellent potential

Dirk/Bosh = excellent potential

Dirk/Wade = rings
bingo

Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #151
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Wade and Dirk on the same team would make any imbalance in conference depth a non-issue. Dallas is likely to be Wade's best shot at a title, the rest of the West be damned.
boom

Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #152
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
So you're telling me the worst case scenario of LeBron and Wade saying "f it, where do you wanna go play?" would be an improved version of AI/Melo? They do the same things and like to attack but they have different characteristics, Lebron can easily slip into a facilitator role and let Wade attack. AI/Melo are Me, Me, Me guys and aren't overly interested in facilitating for teammates. Wade would if he had a capable running mate and we already know LeBron is more than willing.

My argument for a Rose/Wade combo would be Rose has been forced into a scoring role as the PG because he's the most explosive weapon they have from the guard position. You add that to Wade...Rose can go back to be a facilitating guard and be a proven/capable weapon to attack the defense when teams try to collapse on Wade.

No matter if it's logical or not, I'll believe it when I see Wade or LeBron say "Dallas is the best place for me to go get a championship." I want it to happen...but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-11-2010 at 12:25 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #153
Underdog

Quote:
bingo
I should also add: Dirk/Wade obviously > Bosh/Wade

Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #154
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Starting lineup:

JASON KIDD
RODDY BEAUBOIS
LEBRON JAMES
DIRK NOWITZKI
HAYWOOD
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #155
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBEEF View Post
Starting lineup:

JASON KIDD
RODDY BEAUBOIS
LEBRON JAMES
DIRK NOWITZKI
HAYWOOD
Just because you can jerk that into a dirty gym sock every night doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

(but think of how many generations are wasted in that dirty gym sock!)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-11-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #156
KINGBEEF

KINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the roughKINGBEEF is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Just because you can jerk that into a dirty gym sock every night doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

(but think of how many generations are wasted in that dirty gym sock!)
Yeah it looks too good huh... Wishful Thinking I guess, but I only threw that out there because the Celtics may send the Cavs home. Wait before you jump on that comment, remember it's only a thought.

Besides I have the Magic and the Suns in the finals anyways
Old 05-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #157
Underdog

Quote:
Besides I have the Magic and the Suns in the finals anyways
Don't think it's gonna happen, but I'd enjoy that most...

Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #158
KINGBEEF

Quote:
Don't think it's gonna happen, but I'd enjoy that most...
so what you think about Mike Beasley coming off the bench backing up Dirk?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #159
Underdog

Quote:
so what you think about Mike Beasley coming off the bench backing up Dirk?
What, you mean in addition to Wade (in Dallas)?

Where's this coming from?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #160
KINGBEEF

Quote:
What, you mean in addition to Wade (in Dallas)?

Where's this coming from?
well it's to my understanding don't quote me, but Miami's looking to get rid of Beasley because they're trying to make room for Wade and another big contract. So i'm thinking a 3 team trade possibly

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...Players-100510

Oh by the way try not to look at the # of Mavericks on this list. That is if you haven't seen this list already

Tags
<clutch tagging>, <tea bagging>, clutchxpert#41