Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lebron wont pair up with Bosh with the Knicks. Gali/Bosh/Curry frontcourt will never be able to beat the Lakers. They need a good defense center and a good backup. Gortat is the only one kind of availabe but the Magic never gonna trade that "missing piece" inside the own conference. The only way the Knicks can pull that off is to trade on the same day Curry for Okafor and sign James and Bosh.

I totally could see James and Bosh signing with the Nets because of Lopez. Thats the center you will need the next years to beat the contenders. Bosh can move to the 4.

James and Bosh to the Bulls? Wont happen because its the same conference and Bulls just have to offer Hinrich or Deng in S&T and both Raps and Cavs say hell no to that players and contracts.

I still fear the Nets the most. They easily can pull off signing James and Bosh (maybe they have to dumb Yi/CDR for a TE to free up the last millions for the 2nd max contract).

Harris
Lee/CDR
James/Williams
Bosh/Favors/Yi
Lopez
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Lebron wont pair up with Bosh with the Knicks. Gali/Bosh/Curry frontcourt will never be able to beat the Lakers. They need a good defense center and a good backup. Gortat is the only one kind of availabe but the Magic never gonna trade that "missing piece" inside the own conference. The only way the Knicks can pull that off is to trade on the same day Curry for Okafor and sign James and Bosh.

I totally could see James and Bosh signing with the Nets because of Lopez. Thats the center you will need the next years to beat the contenders. Bosh can move to the 4.

James and Bosh to the Bulls? Wont happen because its the same conference and Bulls just have to offer Hinrich or Deng in S&T and both Raps and Cavs say hell no to that players and contracts.

I still fear the Nets the most. They easily can pull off signing James and Bosh (maybe they have to dumb Yi/CDR for a TE to free up the last millions for the 2nd max contract).

Harris
Lee/CDR
James/Williams
Bosh/Favors/Yi
Lopez
How are the Nets going to get the cap room to get both of them?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
How are the Nets going to get the cap room to get both of them?
Quote:
Say the NBA salary cap is at $58 million next year. The Nets currently have a payroll of about $22 million. That's $36 million in cap space. A max contract starts out at 30% of the cap, which would be a starting salary of $17.4 million. Times two = $34.8 million. The Nets have enough for two max contracts.

Now granted, getting a top 4 pick means adding roughly $4.5-5 million to that payroll. So, if the Nets really want two max contract players (like a LeBron and Wade), then they'd either have to sell that lottery pick or find a way to dump Yi Jianlian without taking back a contract.
Have to see the exactly cap numbers. I also dont know how many (and how big) trade exceptions are around in the league, but its possible. And that sucks. And they not even need max-Bosh, David Lee should be availabe for 10-12mio.

At least they just got the 3rd pick.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-21-2010 at 07:07 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Have to see the exactly cap numbers. I also dont know how many (and how big) trade exceptions are around in the league, but its possible. And that sucks. And they not even need max-Bosh, David Lee should be availabe for 10-12mio.

At least they just got the 3rd pick.
I didn't realize they had that much cap space. Well, maybe the Nets have a chance then if they can really score a second big name.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I didn't realize they had that much cap space. Well, maybe the Nets have a chance then if they can really score a second big name.
I don't think the Nets are any less of a gamble than the Knicks, so again I can't see Lebron betting his entire future on either of those franchises. Besides, I seriously don't think he wants to spend the next two years in limbo while the Nets play in Newark.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kingqueef's presents, yawn