Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-25-2006, 03:35 AM   #81
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I can respect that the Suns are a good team, even without Stoudamire... but you simply can't dismiss they really did have an easy road to the playoffs, more so than they should have. C'mon, you have to look at the facts... Lakers, Clips, and Denver as your possible first and second round opponents? I would be hating on them more if they weren't in the WCF with competition like that

In contrast to the Mavericks who faced the toughest D in the league first... then the defending champs (second best d) in the second rounds. The Mavs simply have just... earned this more. Thats a good way of putting it, the Mavericks have earned this chance a little more than the Suns. Facing two quality teams rather than a one man show and a team with no spine, Agreed?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 AM   #82
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't necessarily consider the Grizzlies a vastly superior team to either the Clippers or the Nuggets. Slightly better, yes, but I think the Suns would have defeated them in a 7-game series as well.

Of course, the Mavs having to face the Spurs in the second round is a completely different story. I'd agree that merely because of that series they have had a much tougher road to the WCF.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #83
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

What I meant was the Grizz have some heart, while the Clips played smart. I still find them a better team than the Clips for other reasons but at least they played to their potential. I can't blame LA for wanting to play Denver but it just doesn't seem sportsmanlike to lose a few games on purpose to be in better position, and we all know that the whole scenario of losing to be in a better position is completely illogical as it is, nonetheless PHX got a break in not playing Memphis because I think that series would have went to game 7 as well and it probably would have been a lot closer than the blowout LA presented and frustrated their offense perhaps eliminating them.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #84
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitome22
What GM in their right mind would give a player the money Nash makes with a condition like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Bryan Colangelo.
Since deported.

What kind of owner lets that kind of GM go?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #85
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Game 1, the Mavs choked, no question.

The Phoenix Suns do not belong in the conference finals. They were bailed out by the error in the playoff format. They should've played either us or the Spurs in the second round.

The Western Conference Finals should've been the Mavs vs. the Spurs.

The Suns "deep playoff run" is a fraud.
ONLY if the mavs get past them.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-27-2006 at 09:01 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #86
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
lets hope that they aren't the 02-03 Mavs. I'd have put my money on us winning had Dirk not gotten injured.
Yes, except the Mavs wouldn't have come CLOSE to beating the Kings if Webber hadn't gone down. <shrugs> thats why they play the games, I guess.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #87
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Since deported.

What kind of owner lets that kind of GM go?
Robert Sarver.

(And, I guess, Bryan Colangelo...since he's a part owner of the Suns).

And by deported, I assume you mean, "went to a job that offered him significantly increased latitude with regards to personnel and management decisions."? It probably pays more too.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:44 AM   #88
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
ONLY if the mavs get past them.
If the Mavs lose this series, I'll eat my words.

Until that happens, I stand by my previous statement.

Phoenix's appearance in the Western Conference Finals this year is a fraud. It needs more than just an asterisk. It should be erased from the records, like an anulled marriage.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #89
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChaz
Some posters on here have shown some respect to the Suns.

According to spiral everything the Suns get is a fluke.

Clearly the Mavs are a better team on paper, but then games aren't played on paper.
Wow, you know, it's sort of like talking to a monkey. It's the most simple thing... You wouldn't think it would require explaination, yet it does. So I try to break it down as simply as possible, but it doesn't matter. No matter what I say, I'm still going to get feces thrown at me.

Paper???? The Mavs are a better team on PAPER?! F*ck paper! We won 60 games, they won 54. We swept the Grizzlies and dethroned the world champions (the same champions whom BTW dispatched a much stronger Suns' team in the WCF last year) They got pushed to 7 by the Lakers and Clippers. THE LAKERS AND CLIPPERS.

The Mavericks just defeated the defending champions who won a franchise-record 63 games. The Suns... they beat a 47-win Clipper team that had never been to the playoffs before, and took seven games to do it.

And you're giving me this "Games aren't played on paper" bullshit?! Please!

And when the frak did I say everything they get is a fluke?

I said their trip to the Western Conference Finals is a fraud, and it is. I said this primarily in response to chumdawg's comment earlier about their second consecutive "deep playoff run."

Call it a fluke, call it whatever you want, but the FACT is, they had the third best record in the conference, and the Mavs had the second best record. Yet, the Suns were seeded second and the Mavs fourth. They played the Clippers, we played the Spurs.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-28-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #90
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much sums it up.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #91
pickupyonuts

pickupyonuts will become famous soon enoughpickupyonuts will become famous soon enough

i agree to everything spiral said.