Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-11-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default Karl Malone DIDNT have a sprained knee........he had a torn MCL!!!!!

ESPN.com news services

Los Angeles Lakers forward Karl Malone, set to return Friday, told ESPN's David Aldridge on Wednesday that the club misdiagnosed his knee injury, costing him a month of the season.

Malone has been out since December. But barring any setbacks in practice on Thursday, will return to the lineup for Friday's game against the Timberwolves.

Wednesday, Malone told Aldridge that the Lakers diagnosed his knee injury as a sprained knee instead of a torn medial collateral ligament. Because of that misdiagnosis, Malone says, his rehabilitation after the initial injury Dec. 21 made the knee worse instead of better.

"For that month [after the initial diagnosis], I trained my a-- off," Malone said. "My training is at another level and I know that. The disappointing thing about it is, I felt like for about a month, I trained for naught. It hurt the situation instead of helped the situation. That is an accurate statement."

Malone says that the Lakers' doctors told him after an initial MRI of his right knee that he had suffered a sprained knee and could aggressively rehab his knee without fear of aggravating the injury. A sprain is, technically, a tear, but is usually referred to as a Grade 1 tear.

In contrast, the 40-year-old Malone says he actually had a "middle of the road" Grade 3 ligament tear -- the most serious grade of tear.

Malone says that the alleged misdiagnosis occurred because the MRI of his knee was taken too high. The top part of the ligament, he says, was not torn. Instead, it was the lower part that was injured.

Malone said that he began to suspect something was wrong after three weeks went by following the initial MRI and his knee was still hurting. During a trip to his Arkansas ranch with his brother in January, Malone says, it got worse.

"Me and my brother had been out," Malone said. "I had my brace on. We were looking at timber, because we own a timber company. We were walking the line. And I get back and prop my leg up, and I was like, 'this ain't right.' So I called my agent [Dwight Manley] and I said, 'I need an MRI when I get home. Just get me an MRI. Talked to the doctor...who was in Newport Beach [California, where Malone lives during the season]. He said, 'Karl, you've got a torn MCL.' Without [taking] any MRI. He said 'here it is. It's lower.'"

Reached by telephone on Wednesday, Manley acknowledged that Malone had a second MRI, and agreed that it revealed a ligament tear. The ligament didn't begin healing because there was fluid in the knee, which had built up because Malone had continued his vigorous exercise program.

Manley says he set up a meeting with the Lakers after the second MRI was taken and told them that the Newport Beach orthopedic doctors would now be treating him.

Lakers spokesman John Black declined comment when told of Malone's assertions.

There were some similarities in the prescribed course of treatment that both sets of doctors gave Malone. Neither, for example, recommended surgery. And Malone's doctors didn't get involved for a month after the initial injury and may have had an easier time making a correct diagnosis. But Malone, who says he has no anger toward the Lakers, still believes the first diagnosis cost him a month of the season.

"I was told it was my pain threshold," Malone says. "I was like, 'Bleep that, I know I have a pain threshold.' I'm built like that. After that, it took me about a month and a half to realize I was hurt. Even after when I got the [second] MRI. That's when I said, 'Damn, I am hurt.' And then I went through about two or three weeks ... distraught ain't the right word. I was very disappointed. I went to Arkansas, visited my mom's gravesite, did a lot of stuff like that. Mental stuff. And all of a sudden I started to come around. I had a good day, then I had a couple of bad. Then I had four or five good ones, and one bad. It was slow progress."

Malone said he could have played in Wednesday's win in Boston, but wanted to have a day of practice before going back on the floor
Old 03-11-2004, 04:43 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Karl Malone DIDNT have a sprained knee........he had a torn MCL!!!!!

Yours truly is currently limping around on a partially torn MCL. It hurts like hell, but Malone can suck it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
NYCdog

Default RE:Karl Malone DIDNT have a sprained knee........he had a torn MCL!!!!!

Drbio, normally I would have agreed with you as my hatred for Malone runs blood deep..........

But honestly, basketball aside, I feel sorry for the guy.

The Laker doctors, who are supposed to be professionals, made a huge and serious mistake misdiagnosing his knee like this. Then he was widely criticized and questioned for missing this much time for a what was then diagnosed as "JUST" being a sprained knee as well. Now we all know why he was out for so long........The to top it off, they had him train his A-- off and worsen the injury, not to mention the pain that comes along with it, instead of making it better. They put his leg in serious danger. He's lucky he didnt further seriously injure that knee training. Anything could have happened........he could have slipped on the treadmill and tear his ACL, a la Moises Alou a few years back. Imagine the damage that would have done to his already damaged knee...........it could have been devastating.

Point is, this is exactly like a case of malpractice. And in most of the cases, I always feel sorry for the person who has to endure life with the mistake that was made.

Karl Malone may be widely hated..............but he is human, just like the rest of us.

No human deserves or should go through this...........That is why I feel sorry for him.

And for this mistake, the Laker doctors should be fired.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:15 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Karl Malone DIDNT have a sprained knee........he had a torn MCL!!!!!

Fine or fire the Laker doctors. Check.

Tell Malone to suck it. Check.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
NYCdog

Here's antoher "Check" for you to ponder Drbio......

Imagine if they keep the Laker Doctors........

And say Shaq or Kobe supposedly "sprains" there knee.........as the Laker doc's call it.

Hopefully you get the picture from there......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Edit. No, I wasn't convinced about my own comment. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
NYCdog

Quote:
My point is, a torn MCL impedes the sell of more tickets than a sprained knee.
That would be just plain evil..........to make Malone think he has a "sprained" knee and make him believe its okay for him to train at full speed for a whole month, worsening the condition of the injury instead og improving it.

I get your point Chiwas, but I dont think they would lie to everyone about the injury including Malone himself to keep selling tickets.

Besides, there goal is to get Malone back on the court as fast as possible, so they can improve the team's chances of winning which would keep selling tickets. If they went even as far as to lie to him about his injury, it would make no sense at all cause it would just delay his return, which could be vital to the Lakers success. And we all know, success on the court is what sells tickets the most.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:48 PM   #8
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Back in January the team doctor for GS or Denver was on LA sports radio talking about this issue. He quoted Malone saying he heard/felt a pop in his knee. The doctor said sprains don't make that sound and it's likely a tear, funny thing was two days later Malone went in for a second more detailed MRI. I'm surprised this is making knews again, guess someone just run out of things to write about, it's been known that Malone was suffering a slight tear for a while back when his diagnosis was extended to mid-March back in Jan.

I still find the mentality on this board rather strange regarding the opponents your team might face. I guess loser franchises breed loser fans. Even back in the heated 80's vs. the Celts I always wanted the Lakers to beat the Celtics at full strength. It sucked that the Lakers couldn't meet Boston in 86, IMO that was the greatest basketball team in history and I would have like to have seen how well the Lakers would have done against them in the finals. The 87 version of the Celtics was already breaking down and couldn't handle the Lakers in the end. Here's hoping for the best playoffs since 1987. Those where the days, Lakers/Sonics/Jazz/Mavs in the West, Celtics/Pistons/Bulls/Hawks/Bucks in the East. Those where dogfigths.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
I still find the mentality on this board rather strange regarding the opponents your team might face. I guess loser franchises breed loser fans. Even back in the heated 80's vs. the Celts I always wanted the Lakers to beat the Celtics at full strength. It sucked that the Lakers couldn't meet Boston in 86, IMO that was the greatest basketball team in history and I would have like to have seen how well the Lakers would have done against them in the finals. The 87 version of the Celtics was already breaking down and couldn't handle the Lakers in the end. Here's hoping for the best playoffs since 1987. Those where the days, Lakers/Sonics/Jazz/Mavs in the West, Celtics/Pistons/Bulls/Hawks/Bucks in the East. Those where dogfigths.
God, I miss those days with a passion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:47 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

WOW- if that was addressed my way then you are an idiot. I consistently state that I would rather have our opponents at full strength. Threads here are chock full of me making those statements. What I said was that Malone could suck it. I just don't like the guy. If LA wants to hire shitty doctors who will brutalize their players, that is fine with me. Personally, I would rather knock off the flakers at full strength. If you are going to extrapolate anything less than that from this and other threads, then you exhibit nothing less than a mental capacity of a tree sloth. If I misunderstood and you were referring to someone else.....mea culpa.

Either way, comments like the one below are drenched in irony...
Quote:
I guess loser franchises breed loser fans.
How is this a loser franchise? Why do you think some pompous ass fan from another team should rate the membership here? If you want to rail on Mavs fans, do it at some "loser" flaker board. If we offend you so much, don't let the door slam on your ass on the way out.

edit---> And for the record.....Malone can still suck it.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:02 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Dang Doc.... that was a little bit kg... a little bit madape....

I can't wipe the smile off my face. Thanks!

Oh... and for the record.... Malone can suck it!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:59 PM   #12
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Drbio,

You're off the mark:

"And say Shaq or Kobe supposedly "sprains" there knee.........as the Laker doc's call it.

Hopefully you get the picture from there......... "

Loser fans have that type of mentality because they don't have faith in their own team. What's the point or value in beating an injury
riddled oppoenent?

Drbio, IMO there are no conditions on calling you an idiot, you're an idiot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Wow. Thanks for ignoring the post and just dumbing down the board with your lame arse retort.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:35 PM   #14
WayOutWest
Golden Member

You missed the point.

Of course I ignored your whinny post. You asked if my comments were directed at you, they were not. I quoted the post I was referring too in my post to show you who I was referring too. That being the case why would I repond to your post when it was based on the wrong assumption?

Pendejo! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You missed the point.

Of course I ignored your whinny post. You asked if my comments were directed at you, they were not. I quoted the post I was referring too in my post to show you who I was referring too. That being the case why would I repond to your post when it was based on the wrong assumption?

Pendejo! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Pendejo=A$sh@le
WOW=A$sh@le?

Let's play nice and not swear at people in spanish.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

He can't help it. He got run off the laker boards so he comes here to whine . He has a new audience.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #17
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Pendejo=A$sh@le
WOW=A$sh@le?
Pendejo means dumbarse, not much worse than calling someone an idiot is it? Culero (sic?) is closer to a-hole.

Quote:
Let's play nice and not swear at people in spanish.
Would it be ok if I just posted a picture then?

Apparently playing nice is not as much fun as playing hypocrite huh?

Old 03-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #18
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
He can't help it. He got run off the laker boards so he comes here to whine . He has a new audience.
Whine? I think that's your specialty, you're just peeved you got called on it.

Laker boards? I thought every board was a Laker board.

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts so just ignore them if they bother you, I do that with a couple of posters and it works great.

Not to mention the post that got your panties in a twist wasn't even directed at you pendejo!

Sheesh, run along now child.

Old 03-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Nice. Being heckled by an asshole laker fan.

pathetic.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #20
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
pathetic.
What's pathetic is your failure to realize or acknowledge that the comments where not directed at you.

Pendejo!

Old 03-18-2004, 04:38 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

What's pathetic is that you don't realize it doesn't matter who it was directed too.

pathetic.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:06 PM   #22
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
WOW- if that was addressed my way then you are an idiot.
"if"

Pendejo!

Old 03-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #23
NYCdog

WayOutWest.........

So I assume your calling me a loser fan............it was my post you quoted.

I believe your off the mark on that one.........but hey, I wont let it get to me.

I guess I did deserve that........I harmlessly poked fun at your team.........that is "IF" they decided to make a bad decision and keep there current team doctors after the big mistake thay made regarding Malone's injury.

But if you will atleast take the time to read my previous posts, you will see that this "loser fan" also took the time to defend and even feel sorry for one of the most widely hated basketball players in Karl Malone for what happened to him in this painfull situation.

But yet I, the one who defended the Laker player, is the loser fan...........

Old 03-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #24
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Hoping for a player injury is weak, bush league. That's no way to win in any sport at any level.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:01 PM   #25
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hoping for a player injury is weak, bush league. That's no way to win in any sport at any level.
I totally agree. I want my team to be the undisputed champion - I don't want any question marks or asterisks. Anything else is bush.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
What's pathetic is that you don't realize it doesn't matter who it was directed too.

pathetic.
still ignoring the obvious I see.

pathetic loser.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #27
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:

pathetic.
still ignoring the obvious I see.

pathetic loser.
Yes he is!

LOL!

Old 03-19-2004, 02:42 AM   #28
NYCdog

Quote:
WayOutWest............

Once again kid...........my comment earlier..........was meant more as a FREAKIN' JOKE!

What, can you kids not handle jokes.

Are you Laker fans that insecure of your teams chances of "winning it all" this season?

I was not, in any way, wishing for a Laker player's injury.

I simply meant by my comment, that if the Laker organization were so incompetent as to keep there team doctors after making a potentially devastating mistake they made with Malone, to "imagine" if it were to again.........which it probably will if you employ "quacks" as your team's doctor

Hence the "Imagine if they keep the Laker Doctors........" part that you somehow forgot to post with the rest of my post you quoted and then cried about.

Now do I wish for this terrible fate to be bestowed upon your petty little team........certainly not, kid.

But if it does happen again, the Laker organization would deserve it for keeping these "quack" doctors employed with their team after an incident like this one.

And there is no way you can’t deny that.

After all kid, if a team doctor on the team you owned made a big misdiagnosis on your team's star player, would you put the rest of your team's health in jeopardy and keep him as your team doctor..........

I think not so dont even try to come up with another lame excuse and complaint...........

And If you still CANNOT comprehend my simple English, I can gladly translate it to you in Spanish..........

I hear Novice #41 is from Germany, maybe she can translate it in German...........

AExchange in his native language etc..........anything to help you to understand such a simple point so you can stop whining about it.............

Quote:
Loser fans have that type of mentality because they don't have faith in their own team.
Once again........your way off the mark.

I along with the rest of NYC, unlike most bandwagoner, casual LA fans, have unyielding faith in ALL of our sports teams, win or lose. In fact, we are some of the most passionate, rabid, crazy, and even sometimes obnoxious sports fans in the nation. The same goes for other east coast cities like Philly, and Boston. Once again, you cant deny that.

If its a "loser fan" your lookin for, try the 213 area code. Like I said earlier, all you LA fans are spoiled, bandwagon, casual fans, not true sports fans. In fact, of the "THREE" NFL teams you once had, you guys were so pathetic, you couldnt even hang on to one NFL team..............

BTW I say THREE teams cause LA was conditionally awarded an expansion franchise in March of 2000, only for Houston to steel it away the same year to become the team we know now as the Texans.

And plus, loser fans whine and complain...........much like you have been doing in this very thread.

You callin me and the NYC fans "loser fans?"

No LA sports fan shouldnt be talkin...........not that way about <u>ANY city's </u>sports fans.

Remember this pic you posted earlier as a failed pathetic attempt to try and diss Drbio???

Right about now, I think it describes you so perfectly that you seriously need to consider putting this image up as your sig to let (or warn) other posters as to what your all about.......whining and complaining.

Seriously, Mods...........can you guys put that "whining baby" image up as WayOutWest's avatar????

Because if there is anyone acting childish and whining here..........it’s you kid. You cant even handle a simple joke. You whine and complain about it......even have the nerve to call me a "loser."

All this for a joke you totally blew out of proportion..........even as I defended your team's player...........

In short, you make all LA fans look even worse than they currently do.

But its alright.........you wont have to worry about me. <u>I wont stoop to your pathetic childish level</u> and curse you out like you have been doing to others here..........I'm too good and smart for that...........

Oh BTW if your wondering.............there is a justifiable reason why I keep calling you "kid."

Based upon your childish behavior and all of your whining in this thread, I have to assume I am dealing with a <u>little snot-nosed eight year-old kid</u> or something along those lines.......

So I have a suggestion for you son...........

I think I hear your mommy calling. So why don’t you do us all a favor and hop on your little Barney Tri-cycle and peddle your pathetic carcass back to your neck of the woods before us grown-ups give you the raw-hide spankin' you so richly deserve...............
Old 03-19-2004, 04:34 AM   #29
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Quote:
WayOutWest............

Once again kid...........my comment earlier..........was meant more as a FREAKIN' JOKE!

What, can you kids not handle jokes.

Are you Laker fans that insecure of your teams chances of "winning it all" this season?
Typical unimaginative comments. So new so fresh. FYI, I'm one Laker fan, not Laker fans. If I was insecure about the Lakers chance of winning it all I might start to hope for injuries to be misdiagnosed causing futher problems and down time for players of opposing teams. But I'm not so I won't.

Quote:
I was not, in any way, wishing for a Laker player's injury.
No just wishing for further misdiagnosis to cause further damage, cause that's all that's happened, nobody got fired so what "picture" were we supposed to get? You just made a stupid comment so just admit it.

Quote:
I simply meant by my comment, that if the Laker organization were so incompetent as to keep there team doctors after making a potentially devastating mistake they made with Malone, to "imagine" if it were to again.........which it probably will if you employ "quacks" as your team's doctor

Hence the "Imagine if they keep the Laker Doctors........" part that you somehow forgot to post with the rest of my post you quoted and then cried about.

Now do I wish for this terrible fate to be bestowed upon your petty little team........certainly not, kid.

But if it does happen again, the Laker organization would deserve it for keeping these "quack" doctors employed with their team after an incident like this one.

And there is no way you can’t deny that.

After all kid, if a team doctor on the team you owned made a big misdiagnosis on your team's star player, would you put the rest of your team's health in jeopardy and keep him as your team doctor..........

I think not so dont even try to come up with another lame excuse and complaint...........
You're the one comming up with lame excuses and backpeddling double talk, "get the picture" yea right, go spin somewhere else. Do a little research on the rep of the Lakers organization in regards to physicians then get back to me.

Quote:
And If you still CANNOT comprehend my simple English,
I can gladly translate it to you in Spanish..........

I hear Novice #41 is from Germany, maybe she can translate it in German...........

AExchange in his native language etc..........anything to help you to understand such a simple point so you can stop whining about it.............
Stop whinning? LOL, I think you can add up all my posts in this thread and the word count wouldn't equal your sappy little soliloquy.

Quote:
Quote:
Loser fans have that type of mentality because they don't have faith in their own team.
Once again........your way off the mark.

I along with the rest of NYC, unlike most bandwagoner, casual LA fans, have unyielding faith in ALL of our sports teams, win or lose. In fact, we are some of the most passionate, rabid, crazy, and even sometimes obnoxious sports fans in the nation. The same goes for other east coast cities like Philly, and Boston. Once again, you cant deny that.
Nobody is questioning your passion. The fact of the matter is NY basketball sucks and will continue to suck until they get rid of Allen Houstons contract. You had a loser in the front office running that franchise into the ground and bred a loser mentality for that team and it's fans. It's nice to see Zeke come in there and shake things up but any average b-ball fan can see that he's just following in his predecors footsteps. Keep the Knicks competitive enough to maybe make the playoff and keep butts in the seats BUT the Knicks have no REAL hope of winning a TITLE (FYI that's what it's all about). Loser mentality in short.

Quote:
If its a "loser fan" your lookin for, try the 213 area code. Like I said earlier, all you LA fans are spoiled, bandwagon, casual fans, not true sports fans. In fact, of the "THREE" NFL teams you once had, you guys were so pathetic, you couldnt even hang on to one NFL team..............

BTW I say THREE teams cause LA was conditionally awarded an expansion franchise in March of 2000, only for Houston to steel it away the same year to become the team we know now as the Texans.
I could care less about football but that illustrates the "loser fan" mentality in regards to Knicks b-ball. Can't stand on your teams merits so you bring all this other BS into the conversation. Every succesful franchise has bandwagon fans, L.A. is no exception. L.A. b-ball fans are pretty good but the problem is the hard core fans can't get into Laker home games and that's all you see on TV. The last couple of years I've spent on a waiting list for the opportunity to buy season tix but no luck, it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Quote:
And plus, loser fans whine and complain...........much like you have been doing in this very thread.
Calling someone a "loser fan" is whinning? Mmmmmkay...kettle.

Quote:
You callin me and the NYC fans "loser fans?"

No LA sports fan shouldnt be talkin...........not that way about <u>ANY city's </u>sports fans.
Great circular logic, I'd expect nothing less from the synapticaly challanged.

Quote:
Remember this pic you posted earlier
as a failed pathetic attempt to try and diss Drbio???

Right about now, I think it describes you so perfectly that you seriously need to consider putting this image up as your sig to let (or warn) other posters as to what your all about.......whining and complaining.

Seriously, Mods...........can you guys put that "whining baby" image up as WayOutWest's avatar????
Trying comming up with an original thought, if you're just gonna use my material you should pay a royalty fee.

Quote:
Because if there is anyone acting childish and whining here..........it’s you kid. You cant even handle a simple joke. You whine and complain about it......even have the nerve to call me a "loser."
Is that the 4th or 5th time you've whinned...err....posted that (wouldn't want to say whine cause when you do it OVER and OVER again it's not really whinning or crying)

Quote:
All this for a joke you totally blew out of proportion..........even as I defended your team's player...........

In short, you make all LA fans look even worse than they currently do.
All fans...ok....original as ever. I thought east coast fans could talk smack, guess it's only in the movies.

Quote:
But its alright.........you wont have to worry about me. <u>I wont stoop to your pathetic childish level</u> and curse you out like you have been doing to others here..........I'm too good and smart for that...........
Mmmmmkay...typical weak minded argument, didn't you pay attention in regards to who started with the name calling? Probably too difficult for you 15 second FIFO gold fish brain to keep track of huh?

Quote:
Oh BTW if your wondering.............there is a justifiable reason why I keep calling you "kid."
Actually I wasn't wondering, just figured you're lame and unimaginative and way overdoing it. Calling me "kid", wow that's ruff.

Quote:
Based upon your childish behavior and all of your whining in this thread, I have to assume I am dealing with a <u>little snot-nosed eight year-old kid</u> or something along those lines.......
Wow, I didn't see that comming. Where the H are the real smack talkers? Come one madape or somebody, put me in my place with some real disses, this guy is boring the S out of me. You whine...you cry.....kid....SHEESE, it wasn't whitty the first time let alone after the 10th time. I could have just copied and pasted posts from 2 year old threads and got a better dialog and cap session going.

Quote:
So I have a suggestion for you son...........

I think I hear your mommy calling. So why don’t you do us all a favor and hop on your little Barney Tri-cycle and peddle your pathetic carcass back to your neck of the woods before us grown-ups give you the raw-hide spankin' you so richly deserve...............
Is that the best you can do? Man, I'm bummed, I was expecting Angus certified smalk talk from an east coaster, especially one from the N-WHY-C when I saw the length of your post. I figured you put in alot of time and effort into it because of it's length and because you had to edit it. I guess I'll have to stick to capping on Philly and Texas fans to get some whitty retorts and original material.

P.S. Barney is for soft east coast punk wanna-be Best Coasters, we roll with Power Rangers in these parts pendejo! NYCpup, eres perro cara de perro.

Old 03-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Pathologically pathetic. You should place yourself on your own pendejo list.

(I await your juvenile retort) [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #31
NYCdog

Quote:
FYI, I'm one Laker fan, not Laker fans.
True, your one Laker fan............but you happen to be exactly like the rest of the bunch of blood-spewing "time-of-the-month" stank pussies I find all the time at LakersGround.net........always complaining about Kobe and Shaq coexisting in their "marriage" together, who's the bitch and who's the wife-beater etc........So why even try to separate and distinguish yourself from the rest of the pathetic bunch. In this case, I see the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.............

Quote:
You're the one comming up with lame excuses and backpeddling double talk, "get the picture" yea right, go spin somewhere else.
There is a reason why I choose to put this out of order and near the top...........

Because you did so much backpeddling and came up with so many lame excuses in this last post of yours, you remind me of the former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf.........

"Its a lie.........The Americans are not in Baghdad!"

Pssst.........There right behind you........

So in this post, I will provide examples of your backpeddling and lame excuses........

Quote:
No just wishing for further misdiagnosis to cause further damage, cause that's all that's happened, nobody got fired so what "picture" were we supposed to get? You just made a stupid comment so just admit it.
An example of a lame excuse as provided by you...........

Wishing.............again, where did I "WISH"...........

But I do recall saying "Imagine"............as for you and others to "use there imagination".......that is if you even have one in that molecule-sized brain of yours.........

True, no one got fired.

But remember, I made the joke the day the story broke.........It might have been widely believed that the doctors misdiagnosed Malone's injury. But this was the first time this case of malpractice was confirmed.

With malpractice being confirmed publicly, could the Lakers then fire there doctors to save face.........sure.

So at the time the story broke, we didn’t know what the team doctor's fate would be.........so all we could do is speculate on there fate.

Both Doc and I said they should be fired. But I did note to "Imagine" if they were kept, and this were to happen again.........

Wish or hope for it as I claim I meant...........not even close. That's just another lame excuse on your part. We all know it.

Quote:
Nobody is questioning your passion.
More backpeddling..........remember when you posted this........

Quote:
I call this as you questioning my faith, my passion as a sports fan.

Quote:
You had a loser in the front office running that franchise into the ground and bred a loser mentality for that team and it's fans. It's nice to see Zeke come in there and shake things up but any average b-ball fan can see that he's just following in his predecors footsteps. Keep the Knicks competitive enough to maybe make the playoff and keep butts in the seats BUT the Knicks have no REAL hope of winning a TITLE (FYI that's what it's all about). Loser mentality in short.
Again, another lame excuse for a stupid comment you just cant admit........NYC fans havin a loser mentality.........

Nice analysis Dr. Jack Ramsey.........you don’t think I know any of that crap about having Layden running the team into a hole? That's old news son.

But how can you logically equate being competitive with having loser mentality?

As long as a team stays competitive, they will still have a chance at winning a title until they are eliminated, even if that "chance" is bleak at best. You cant deny that.........

If you want an example of it happening just remember the 8th seeded Knicks of 1999 who made it to the Finals. And the sixth seeded 1995 Rockets that everyone gave up on........then went on to win the title that year against the heavily favored then-Shaq-lead Orlando Magic.

So how again does "just" staying competitive consitiute having a loser mentality?

Quote:
Is that the 4th or 5th time you've whinned...err....posted that (wouldn't want to say whine cause when you do it OVER and OVER again it's not really whinning or crying)
I didn’t know "explaining myself" was constituted as whining?

Cause that's all I have been doing.........explaining the petty little joke I made, the one you still are whining and complaining about a week later...........

Quote:
didn't you pay attention in regards to who started with the name calling? Probably too difficult for you 15 second FIFO gold fish brain to keep track of huh?
I believe that was all started by you with your "I guess loser franchises breed loser fans." That seemed to kick things off.

So technically, your the one with at 15 second FIFO bullcrap..........especially given your command of the English language, or lack thereof.

Quote:
Where the H are the real smack talkers?
I dont really need to talk smack...........[/b]I'll just settle for making you look like the dumbass you are.

And quite frankly, your making that way so easy for me, I'm the one getting board.........

Quote:
eres perro cara de perro.
Okay, this along with many more of your cultural sayings, probably tells me what I am dealing with here......

Not the the little kid but..........

A poor schmo from East LA.

You know the kind..........we see them all the time, in movies like "Born in East LA" and "A Million to Juan." I'm talkin about the poor chap who stands at the street corner selling rotten oranges out of a stolen grocery cart. Its a perfect fit for you...........it fits you culture, personality, morality etc........its all you.

Anyways, I think you should stop wasting other kids time and get off the Public Library's computer now so those kids can have the opportunity to gain something you obviously dont have.........knowledge.

Besides, the people need there oranges...........NOT your pathetic so-called smack talk.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wow....Malone sure has started quite a supply of crap being thrown around here.....*DUCK!*

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #33
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
wow....Malone sure has started quite a supply of crap being thrown around here.....*DUCK!*
The funny thing is that Malone didn't even use his elbow to start this up.

Can someone set up a paypal account for me, NYC owes me some royalties for regurgitating my posts and jabs.

Old 03-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #34
NYCdog

Quote:
Can someone set up a paypal account for me, NYC owes me some royalties for regurgitating my posts and jabs.
I've got tons and tons of monopoly money ready and waiting, all here for you pal........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #35
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
I've got tons and tons of monopoly money ready and waiting, all here for you pal........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I only accept internet money.

Going back in forth is what makes BBS entertaining, probably why I don't post on Lakerlovefest boards. Who needs a bunch of posters agreeing on how great their own team plays.

I think this horse is dead, we're not saying anything new.

I look forward to clashing heads with you again.

Lakers rule Knicks drool!

Old 03-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #36
NYCdog

Quote:
I only accept internet money.
Internet money is what your expectin eh..........I'm your man. I've got just what your lookin for.......just what you need.

In honor of your new found hero, the Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf (pictured below) whom you act so much like with your collection of excuses...............

..........I Have chosen to repay you in the msot appropriate from of currency possible........

The Iraqi Dinar, complete with Saddam Hussein's mug all over it............

Enjoy...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 PM   #37
Max Power
Banned

WOW 1, NYCdog 0
Old 03-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #38
NYCdog

Quote:
WOW 1, NYCdog 0
So your playing the role of the referee now eh...........or are you just trying to pad that post count......

Well I see your refereeing skills are just as shity, if not worse, as the refs we currently have to deal with.........

So might I suggest, the next time you look to play referee again, make sure and dont forget to wear your prescribed bi-focals..........

And if you cant do that, just leave your pathetic lil' referee act at home altogether.........

BTW you're about 6 hours too late.........We called it a tie and moved on to his turf for more interesting conversations............
Old 03-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #39
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
WOW 1, NYCdog 0
So your playing the role of the referee now eh...........or are you just trying to pad that post count......

Well I see your refereeing skills are just as shity, if not worse, as the refs we currently have to deal with.........

So might I suggest, the next time you look to play referee again, make sure and dont forget to wear your prescribed bi-focals..........

And if you cant do that, just leave your pathetic lil' referee act at home altogether.........

BTW you're about 6 hours too late.........We called it a tie and moved on to his turf for more interesting conversations............
He whupped you in the discussion - end of story. He obviously let you off to let you save a little bit of pride but WOW whupped you like a red headed stepchild.

Your bag of nothing is painfully obvious.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:41 AM   #40
NYCdog

Quote:
He whupped you in the discussion - end of story. He obviously let you off to let you save a little bit of pride but WOW whupped you like a red headed stepchild.

Your bag of nothing is painfully obvious
MAX POWER.........

Mark my words....Jealousy isnt going to get you any where in life son..........

Your way in over your head on this one............

<u>Now its time for me to show you and all of D-M.com just how much of a complete DUMBASS you are........</u>

These are words from WOW himself........written to me in what was supposed to be a PM. But becuase of your poor analysis and and just plain bad knowledge, I am forced to "air it out" in public <u>just to prove you wrong shut your trap once and for all</u>...........

In respect to W.O.W..............I have shortened the actual PM he sent me and left out parts he might not want others to see here.........but rest assured, its completely UN-edited and all his words, not mine.

Quote:
NYCdog,

It's all good, I like that fact you can backup what you post............

If you have some free time check out this board..............

.......The smack talk there is very good, especially against the Laker faithful, the only thing better is the b-ball knowledge from this small core of posters. I think you'll enjoy it, there's a little east coast flavor from the Philly fans and I think an NYC viewpoint would be great........
Now Max Power, who's the one NOW getting whupped in this discussion like a red headed stepchild?

As far as everyone can see NOW...........ITS YOU taken the beating from ME!!!!

EDITED BY MODERATOR -- Namecalling like that won't be tolerated.