Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #81
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:ESPNEWS reports CWEBB headed to Philly

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
that is odd

is Shaq out or not?
Sike, the Shaq story from earlier was a hoax. Some guy put up a fake website with Miami Herald graphics and reported the fake story. Somehow both ESPN and Fox Sports picked the story up without verifying it.
thanks, Mary...I just saw your post

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2005, 01:10 PM   #82
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: ESPNEWS reports CWEBB headed to Philly

Does anyone think we will still see those Dirk-CWebb comercials on TV for rivalry week?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:11 PM   #83
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

I saw them last night just before SC came on to report the trade...but I doubt they'll be on anymore...that would just piss off the kings fans [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:51 AM   #84
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I'm still in decision-making mode about this trade. I've no idea whether CWebb will be able to co-exist under Jim O'Brien (an effort guy) and with AI (a volume shooter that makes CWebb look tame in his shot selection). I'd like to see him thrive in Philly, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with the 76ers players other than AI. I do know that playing next to Dalembert will be good for CWebb...he's been ground bound on defense since the surgery, and b/w he and Miller, the Kings were just a layup line waiting to happen on defense.

As for the Kings, I think the motto had to be addition by subtraction, although the worst contract in that bunch (KThomas) is never going to go away, and KThomas probably won't bring too much to the table that the Kings didn't already get from Darius Songaila. Corliss should do well at backup SF/PF scoring on the scrub postmen in second units (if Adelman uses him there, which he wouldn't do the last time Corliss was on the team). Skinner can play back up C to Miller since Adelman won't use OTag. Without CWebb, they have plenty of offense, but they don't have a player that at one point was arguably a top ten player, now probably top 20. Peja will have to return to form from last year. It will be interesting to see if it was CWebb holding him back, or the loss of father-figure/older brother Vlade.

Kings vs. 76ers on Saturday in the first game for all of the traded players (presuming they pass their physicals). Should be interesting for me as a CWebb fan first.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:29 AM   #85
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm convinced it that it was C-Webb that was holding Peja back. Webber was out for a great deal of the season, and Peja played like Larry Bird. As soon as Webber came back, Peja faded into the background.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote