Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
anyone still miss nash? he's going to fall short and get tired in the playoffs like he did every year with the mavs.
I do.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #42
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Update: Steve Nash not as good or comparable to Larry Bird. News at 11.

I still see that scraggly dressed and perpetual surfer dude Iqed Steve Nash, still has the capacity to outclass many people who post on this board.

Congrats to Steve Nash for a wonderful season & post season (thus far) and best of luck to him in the coming series.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #43
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Update: Steve Nash not as good or comparable to Larry Bird. News at 11.
...or Dirk Nowitzki or Labron James or Kobe Bryand or Dwayne Wade or...nevermind, that's another thread. This one is about how pooped Nash is.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:04 PM   #44
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

For evidence of my arguent I present exhibit A above:

P.S. You mispelled Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, & Dwyane Wade.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:09 PM   #45
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you must be right then.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #46
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitome22

P.S. You mispelled 'argument'
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #47
Epitome22
Golden Member

oh SNAP!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:17 PM   #48
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

It's not a bad game.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:17 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
P.S. You mispelled 'argument'
you misspelled misspell
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #50
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

F'em. Little stevie is wearing the wrong color uniform.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #51
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
you misspelled misspell
Lol, wow guys, learn to spell lol.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So I'm surprised so little has been made of this. But I've been pretty wrapped up in the mavs-spurs.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ckley0522.html
Quote:
As the Suns and the Clippers arrive at their moment of truth, the level of revelry tonight at US Airways Center will be largely dependent on Nash's health, which isn't great but could be worse.

In fact, after Sunday's practice, Nash said he has a congenital back condition called spondylolisthesis (which involves slipping vertebrae) and has had a stress fracture in his spine for the past eight years.

Here's hoping the team doctors knew about this, or they may be getting a phone call from owner Robert Sarver, who committed $66 million to Nash in summer 2004.

"After a lot of games, sometimes the muscles shut down and the body goes into protection mode, and then you're not functioning as an athlete anymore," Nash said. "You just try to get some of the muscles firing and get them sequencing again. It's a little technical, but I have to do the best I can in that area.

"I have to work extremely hard during summers and during the season just to be out there. Some days are better than others, physically, especially this time of year, and you just hope to be the best you can."

If Nash is much improved tonight, credit the NBA with a big-time assist. With three days off between Games 6 and 7, the Suns received more than a lucky bounce in scheduling. It's an obscene amount of down time, and for reference, note that the Pistons and the Cavaliers played two games while the Suns were off power napping.

Nash used the time to import his special trainer, Rick Celebrini, an unorthodox physiotherapist.They did special exercises that Celebrini has developed just for Nash's benefit, and the Suns' star claims the tuneup did wonders.

"I definitely feel like I feel better," Nash said. "I've been working a lot, trying to get some of my ailments right, and I feel like we've made some improvements."

The details are technical, complicated and something Nash didn't want to expound on.

"You got a half-hour? I don't," Nash said.

Still, the implications are enormous. Dating to the previous postseason, the Suns have had their share of bad breaks, ranging from Joe Johnson's busted eye socket to Amaré Stoudemire's defective knee. If Nash feels good enough to be an offensive force tonight against the Clippers, this nifty chunk of additional rest may turn out to be the best break possible, and for that, they can thank the Rattlers.
Anyone heard of this and whether it's degenerative? If this has been known for 8 years was that part of the dallas decision?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-24-2006, 01:21 AM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can I pretend to be smart? I looked it up and the websites I saw said that it wasn't degenerative per se, but aging doesn't help and there is always a chance that anti-inflamatory drugs, stretching and rest won't help and that would mean screws or a fusion of the spine.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 AM   #54
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Can I pretend to be smart? I looked it up and the websites I saw said that it wasn't degenerative per se, but aging doesn't help and there is always a chance that anti-inflamatory drugs, stretching and rest won't help and that would mean screws or a fusion of the spine.
Ugh, that sounds awful, I hope he's alright.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 05-24-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:34 AM   #55
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Cuban doesnt look so stupid in letting him go now that he has Jet and Harris instead of just Nash. Both of which are going to have a track meet on Nash in this series, that much is certain. Should be fun... in a slaughter-like sort of way.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #56
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You forgot Poland.

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-24-2006 at 02:38 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #57
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

The suns remind me more like 2003 Mavs team that went to conference finals. That was a good team but not good enough to beat the spurs. Well we are right now the best team. I think this series will be over in 6 if not earlier.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforever
The suns remind me more like 2003 Mavs team that went to conference finals. That was a good team but not good enough to beat the spurs. Well we are right now the best team. I think this series will be over in 6 if not earlier.
lets hope that they aren't the 02-03 Mavs. I'd have put my money on us winning had Dirk not gotten injured.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #59
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the Suns without Amare are nowhere near as good as the 03 Mavs.

If Cuban had known about the condition then why didn't he tell us in his blog?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #60
SirChaz

SirChaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
lets hope that they aren't the 02-03 Mavs. I'd have put my money on us winning had Dirk not gotten injured.

Except the Suns lost their "Dirk" in training camp and still made the WCF.
SirChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #61
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Oh, sure - it was soo hard on the poor suns to make it to the WCF after beating two under-50-win-teams!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #62
SirChaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwD
Oh, sure - it was soo hard on the poor suns to make it to the WCF after beating two under-50-win-teams!

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for sweeping the Grizz.

Everyone does that.

LOL
Old 05-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

So....should we just concede this season to the Suns because they aren't at full strength or should we put an asterisk by every game we win?
Old 05-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #64
SirChaz

Quote:
So....should we just concede this season to the Suns because they aren't at full strength or should we put an asterisk by every game we win?

No, I don't know why you would.

Injuries are part of the game.

My only point was that even in their depleated state the Suns have become a pretty good team. They are probably better at the run and shoot game than even the 03 Mavs. Probably it's because they lost their "big man" before the season even started and had to adapt and overcome just to get here.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #65
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as long as we're talking asterisks, you might as well put one next to Phoenix's WCF appearance, because they have no business being there.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #66
SirChaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Well, as long as we're talking asterisks, you might as well put one next to Phoenix's WCF appearance, because they have no business being there.

LMAO!!

I guess we had no business winning game one either.

Or beating the Lakers after being down 3-1 or the Clippers who should dominate us inside.

Etc, etc, etc........

Last edited by SirChaz; 05-24-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:51 PM   #67
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How good is Steve Nash? I mean, really?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #68
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

His shit smells like french perfume. And you know that french perfume's gotta be really powerful.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #69
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChaz
LMAO!!

I guess we had no business winning game one either.

Or beating the Lakers after being down 3-1 or the Clippers who should dominate us inside.

Etc, etc, etc........
Game 1, the Mavs choked, no question.

The Phoenix Suns do not belong in the conference finals. They were bailed out by the error in the playoff format. They should've played either us or the Spurs in the second round.

The Western Conference Finals should've been the Mavs vs. the Spurs.

The Suns "deep playoff run" is a fraud.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-27-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #70
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The Phoenix Suns do not fucking belong in the conference finals. They were bailed out by the error in the playoff format. They should've played either us or the Spurs in the second round.

They're playing us right now. Give it time.

And for that matter, as we all know from experience, simply getting to the WCF and losing is nothing to hang your hat on. The Mavs did it and then scrapped the team.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:33 PM   #71
Epitome22
Golden Member

Honestly, Cuban made the right decision not to sign Nash. As easy as it is, you can't judge the soundness of a decision on it's aftermath. There was no way a sane GM/Owner would give a 31 year old player, all-star quality at his position but nowhere near best in the league, the kind of Money Nash ended up taking. There was no way to predict a player who played the way Nash did would have those 2 breakout seasons like he's had.

That's one thing the Mavs aren't credited with enough. Almost all of their player personnel decisions I.E. Trades, Free agent signings etc, have been the right moves from an objective rather than emotional standpoint.

I had no idea Nash's back was that messed up. Honestly, how often does a man who's technically in the decline phase of his career now, play 2 straight years the way Nash has with a condition like that? What GM in their right mind would give a player the money Nash makes with a condition like that?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #72
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
They're playing us right now. Give it time.

And for that matter, as we all know from experience, simply getting to the WCF and losing is nothing to hang your hat on. The Mavs did it and then scrapped the team.
I just wanted to reconfirm, you're a Mavs fan right chum?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #73
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
What GM in their right mind would give a player the money Nash makes with a condition like that?
Bryan Colangelo.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:44 PM   #74
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Seriously, the whole western conference playoff bracket was messed up, everything from the Clips tanking to get the easier seeded #3 Denver instead of us to the Spurs playing the Kings (who at seasons end were clearly better than both LA teams and Denver) and then the Mavs and Spurs having to beat the hell out of each other in what would have been the greatest WCF in recent memory! Let's put it this way... Spurs, Kings, Mavs, Grizz or Suns, Lakers, Clippers, and Denver. Looks like Phoenix was given it's ticket to the WCF because of the flawed format... and even then they nearly blew it in both LA series. So yes, they have no business being here.

Point being... Suns won't last this series, they barely lasted two subpar teams and we took out the defending champs (in the REAL WCF). They took game one, but they already looked tired by the end of the game when we were still ready to go.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Honestly, Cuban made the right decision not to sign Nash. As easy as it is, you can't judge the soundness of a decision on it's aftermath. There was no way a sane GM/Owner would give a 31 year old player, all-star quality at his position but nowhere near best in the league, the kind of Money Nash ended up taking. There was no way to predict a player who played the way Nash did would have those 2 breakout seasons like he's had.

That's one thing the Mavs aren't credited with enough. Almost all of their player personnel decisions I.E. Trades, Free agent signings etc, have been the right moves from an objective rather than emotional standpoint.

I had no idea Nash's back was that messed up. Honestly, how often does a man who's technically in the decline phase of his career now, play 2 straight years the way Nash has with a condition like that? What GM in their right mind would give a player the money Nash makes with a condition like that?
Executive of the Year Jerry Colangelo?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #76
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
I just wanted to reconfirm, you're a Mavs fan right chum?
You're goddamned right I am.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #77
SirChaz

Quote:

The Phoenix Suns do not fucking belong in the conference finals. They were bailed out by the error in the playoff format. They should've played either us or the Spurs in the second round.

I suppose the Lakers choked, and the Clippers.

Keep it up. We'll take it.

All we need is for the Mavs to "choke" three more times.

Eventually you will have to admit the Suns are a pretty good team.

Even if they are only good enough to capitalize on other teams "choking".

Last edited by SirChaz; 05-24-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #78
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Sh*t Chaz, I'll admit now that the Suns are a pretty good team. Top 4 in the NBA this season. Quite excellent.

But the Mavericks are a championship team. #1 in the NBA.

We shall show you our mettle in the next four games.

Last edited by orangedays; 05-24-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #79
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I suppose the Lakers choked, and the Clippers.

Keep it up. We'll take it.

All we need is for the Mavs to "choke" three more times.

Even if they are only good enough to capitalize on other teams "choking".
Scoreboard dude. They had the thrd best record in the west, they knocked off two series to get here and now they've used some intestinal fortitude to grab the first one.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-25-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:41 AM   #80
SirChaz

Some posters on here have shown some respect to the Suns.

According to spiral everything the Suns get is a fluke.

Clearly the Mavs are a better team on paper, but then games aren't played on paper.

I think this is going to be a great series. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

7 games will show who the better team is. If that is the Mavs then I will be pulling for them in the finals.