Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-20-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

The following is an excerpt of a letter from a Texas-based writer to Sports Illustrated. People are talking about staging a protest at the Compaq Center when the LA Lakers come to play on Jan 17. The Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) might come on board for that, but they haven't committed yet... anyways, please read on....

Re: Shaq's Racist Taunt toward Yao Ming

Dear Editor,

In 1976, Richard Pryor called Vietnamese Americans "the new niggers," to be exploited and publicly humiliated. Perhaps not knowing much about Asian American history, Pryor did not realize that Asian Americans had been "niggers" since their arrival here.

In 2002, we are still "niggers," and it is a shame that I have to use that word to get across the severity of our treatment in our own country (the United States). We are the last minority group that people can publicly and collectively humiliate with impunity.

The latest comment by Shaquille O'Neill about Yao Ming, and the ensuing racist funfest, demonstrate just how far we have not come in America. Shaquille O'Neill made the following remark to a reporter, "Tell Yao Ming, 'chingchangyingwahh.'" No, Shaq is not the Big Linguist. He does not speak any of the Chinese dialects. His message to Yao was the most typical racist gibberish, mocking Chinese people and their language.

The tape of Shaq?s message was played on The Tony Bruno Morning Extravaganza, Fox Sports Radio?s morning show, which is relayed to stations throughout the nation. The tape was played several times on the mornings of December 16 and 17. On the 17th, Tony Bruno led the nation in a four-hour celebration of racism, as real sports news was punctuated constantly by racist anti-Asian jokes cracked by Bruno, his crew, and listeners.

This week, I have been trying to inform various news organizations in Texas and California about Shaq's comment, which is just as offensive as those made recently by various sports figures. Those sports figures were publicly excoriated for their racism, and one even resigned his position. But the fact that sports news organizations, newspapers, and the sports teams themselves are hardly interested in Shaq's racism demonstrates that Asian Americans are not only the "new niggers," but that we are the last group of people America is allowed to publicly spit upon and enjoy doing so without guilt or political suicide.

If a white basketball superstar had said something analogous toward a black player, would it then be legitimate sports news? I apologize for asking this question, but it seems I must do so in order for people to understand.

Irwin A. Tang
bonfirebook@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2002, 03:00 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Don't know whether Shaq is racist or just showing off his Forest Gump like IQ. Wonder what would have happened if John Rocker would have said that about one of the asian players in baseball. Maybe only white guys can be racist?

Good thing Shaq has such an great acting career to fall back on if things go sour in the NBA.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

<< Maybe only white guys can be racist? >>

Bingo.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:26 PM   #4
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

is this any different then the mavs organization playing the chinese sound effects when wang came back with the clippers every time he missed a shot? im sure thats ok but if shaq(whos black like we all know) says something, its a big problem? uhhhh, yea ok
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Shaq's racist taunt toward Yao Ming >>

Racism has many origins.

It seems that this one is from the &quot;envy&quot; kind.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

<< is this any different then the mavs organization playing the chinese sound effects when wang came back with the clippers every time he missed a shot? im sure thats ok but if shaq(whos black like we all know) says something, its a big problem? uhhhh, yea ok >>

When he was WITH the Mavs they played the &quot;BOONNGGG&quot; of the gong every time Wang came in or did something good. Fans love it, Wang never expressed a problem with it... It wasn't racist then, doesn't sound racist now. It's right up there with the BEAT L.A. Bobblehead graphics &amp; the Crying Jazz players in diapers... good, clean, Jumbotron fun if ya ask me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, if Yao Ming comes back with a &quot;(insert your favorite Ebonic-like statement here)&quot; comment directed at Shaq... how do you think that will be accepted publicly? Just wondering...
Old 12-20-2002, 03:43 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< is this any different then the mavs organization playing the chinese sound effects when wang came back with the clippers every time he missed a shot? im sure thats ok but if shaq(whos black like we all know) says something, its a big problem? uhhhh, yea ok >>

Hmmmm. Can't remember anyone saying that this Mavs playing chinese sound effects was OK. I haven't been the the AAC to see a game live yet, so I haven't heard these sounds myself. If it was on TV, I missed it. Can't definitely judge, but at 1st glance I would say that this didn't seem very classy or smart. After all asians are Mavs fans too, and even if they weren't it wouldn't make it OK. But unless I'm blind SuperSloMo, you're the 1st to bring this issue up on this thread.

Yes Shaq is black. So is Reggie White. I could name a few others who have said racially insensitive remarks and who the media have pretty much let slide as in comparison to white athletes like Rocker. Don't get me wrong, I think Rocker is an idiot. I'm not saying go easy on him, just treat racially insensitive remarks the same no matter who says them. I just don't think Shaq should get let off the hook simply because his is black, just as I don't think that he should get any worse treatment because he is black. I firmly believe that every racial and ethnic group has their racists and I'm not a fan of any of them. I would like to see every one treated fairly reguardless of racial or ethnic background.

Old 12-20-2002, 04:22 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If your team is 10-17, would try to draw attention away from that record.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:26 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

&lt;&lt;Now, if Yao Ming comes back with a &quot;(insert your favorite Ebonic-like statement here)&quot; comment directed at Shaq... how do you think that will be accepted publicly? Just wondering... &gt;&gt;

Better yet, how about if YM drops 40 on The Big Ignoramus?

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:27 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

<< If your team is 10-17, would try to draw attention away from that record. >>

If I was the Finals MVP of the defending World Champions, who have started out 10-17, I would NOT do anything to draw attention to me. But you're right I wouldn't want to talk about the record. Think I would just keep my mouth closed. Both when speaking with the media and when passing by the buffet line.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:40 PM   #11
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

<< Better yet, how about if YM drops 40 on The Big Ignoramus? >>

That would rule!
Old 12-20-2002, 04:49 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

&quot;Someday, there'll be no Americans left in the NBA, The players will all be Chinese, like Yao!&quot;
-Xing Tao, a 12-year old who joined his school's team in Shanghai, China, two weeks ago after watching Houston Rockets rookie Yao Ming play on television

Well Shaq may just be throwing angry words in the face of history's march, if the preceding Dallas-MN &quot;Quote of the Day&quot; is to be credited...

Old 12-20-2002, 05:17 PM   #13
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Let's face it... Shaq's too shallow to be racist. OK seriously, I think Shaq made that statement in a jokingly manner and not meant to be an insult to Yao. I think it has been mentioned on this board before: all of us have a certain degree of racism in ourselves. That's very true because let's be honest with ourselves, how many times you've seen the footage of the aeroplane crashing into the towers while muttering things like 'Damn those Middle Easterns!' or 'Man those Muslims are nuts'? Does that mean we really hate all Muslims or Middle Easterns? Of course not. And how many times have we heard comedians making fun at the way Muslim women cover themselves from head to toe? Or the way David Spade portrays an idiot w. trash in &quot;Joe Dirt&quot;? Even Chris Rock himself often made fun about Afro Americans' &quot;ghetto&quot; stereotypes.
While Shaq's statement was politically incorrect, I don't really think it should be blown up to national issue proportion. It's not like he used really deragatory words on Yao. Besides... who the hell takes Shaq's words seriously anyway? This is the same man who proclaimed that he slept with Venus Williams.
With that said, I am quite upset about the general public complaining that Yao Ming received many votes for the All-Star game just because of the millions of votes he gets from China. Those guys need to grow up, and open their eyes. Don't you think Yao Ming deserves more vote than Shaq at this stage of the season? I'd definitely prefer to watch a sensational rookie who's averaging in double-doubles than an overweight egomaniac.
Lighten up Irvin... it's not a big deal. But you do get a big thumbs up from me for standing up on behalf of the other Asian Americans.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:53 PM   #14
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<< &quot;Tell Yao Ming, 'chingchangyingwahh.'&quot; >>

Maybe he was making a reference to the Missy Elliot song?

I don't think Shaq is a raciest, just a big dumb oaf who acts silly at times and said alot of stupid things.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:57 PM   #15
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

<<

When he was WITH the Mavs they played the &quot;BOONNGGG&quot; of the gong every time Wang came in or did something good. Fans love it, Wang never expressed a problem with it... It wasn't racist then, doesn't sound racist now. It's right up there with the BEAT L.A. Bobblehead graphics &amp; the Crying Jazz players in diapers... good, clean, Jumbotron fun if ya ask me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now, if Yao Ming comes back with a &quot;(insert your favorite Ebonic-like statement here)&quot; comment directed at Shaq... how do you think that will be accepted publicly? Just wondering...
>>

No, it's not up there with the &quot;Beat L.A.&quot;, it's up there with the Cleveland Indians chant and mascot. It's not meant to be insulting but it does insult some people.

Try playing Mariachi (sp?) music or the Cukaracha (sp?) after a Najera (sp?) play and see where that gets you.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 06:11 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

<< I don't think Shaq is a raciest, just a big dumb oaf who acts silly at times and said alot of stupid things. >>

I would agree that it was probably Shaq being dumb than than Shaq being a racist. If I didn't make that clear in my previous comments (and it wasn't to me) I wanted to do so now. But I do think it is racist in the way the media covers and reacts to these comments. Of cource the same can be said for the pressure that is being put on Tiger Woods to skip the master because they won't admit women to be members of their club. Tiger is getting more pressure because of him being a minority.

I don't think we need a federal case every time a dumb athelete says something stupid or politically incorrect. But I do think the media needs to be more responsible in not discrimenating with how they respond by the color of the dumb athelete.

Of cource this isn't the only dumb comment to come out of Shaq's mouth lately. His comments about his team mates have done wonders for the Lakers chemistry.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:06 PM   #17
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Racism has many origins.

And many ways to be expressed, my friend.

To all: Do not for a minute understimate Shaq's intelligence...he knows exactly what he's saying.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:52 PM   #18
Super Slow Mo

no its no differentr than the mavs classless act when they played the bong sound, some fans laughed but alot were really upset about it. i sat 117, row aa that game and alot of the fans down there wasnt to happy with it. its no different imo, but since the mavs did it, its ok? but shaq, a black guy, says something its racist.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:12 AM   #19
LRB
Guru

<< no its no differentr than the mavs classless act when they played the bong sound, some fans laughed but alot were really upset about it. i sat 117, row aa that game and alot of the fans down there wasnt to happy with it. its no different imo, but since the mavs did it, its ok? but shaq, a black guy, says something its racist. >>

Hmmmm. Let me see if I understand this logic. If Mark Cuban and Don Nelson, who are white, decide to go put a burning cross in the yard in front of an asian church in Dallas that means its alright for Shaq, who is black, to pull over and beat up the 1st asian he sees walking down the side of the road in LA? Maybe its just me, but I don't see how someone doing something bad to a third party makes it alright for for a 2nd party, because they are black and the 1st party is white, to do something bad to an unrelated 3rd party.

Yeah, I know I am exptrapolating the situation to extremes, but I'm trying to make a point. It doesn't matter if the Mavs are broad casting KKK propaganda on the jumbo tron, that has nothing to do with whether a statement by Shaq is racially insensitive. And if he did say a racially insensitive remark that doesn't automatically make him a racist. He may or may not be. 1 racially insensitive remark by itself doesn't prove anything conclusively.

The reverse is also true. Just because Shaq makes a racially insensitive comment doesn't give the Mavs carte blanche to do so. One has nothing to do with the other.

Now if you were talking about how the media reported and fixated on one and not the other, that's a different story. But 2 wrongs don't make a right in my book. Instead of asking for one party to be excused, you should be asking for the other party to be punished equally.

Or do you honestly believe that it is impossible for a black man to be a racist or at least make racially insensitive remarks?
Old 12-21-2002, 12:23 AM   #20
Super Slow Mo

so your smart ass u comparing some comments a guy makes to burning a damn cross? you're moron, i wont reply to your posts if you continue to post garbage like that.

fact is, more than just me was at the game and noone said anything about it, but do you think that playing a bong sound everytime a chinese player misses a shot is racist? i do, and alot of the fans who were at the game does.
Old 12-21-2002, 03:59 AM   #21
Miguel

Miguel is on a distinguished road

Wow...this is the most retarded thing I've ever seen Shaq do. Even worse than when he was owned by the Rockets in 95. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Back to the point though, Shaq is gonna be in for a BIG surprise January 17th. First time Shaq touches the ball, he'll try to drive it in, and get the ball thrown right back in his face as he tries to dunk it...while Yao stands 7 1/2 feet over his face and says...&quot;chingchangyingwahh&quot; right back to him...and proceeds to wipe the floor clean with Shaq.

Some way to divert attention from that 10-18 record.
Yao Ming...Yao Ming...Yao Ming...
Yao Ming...
Yao Ming...
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 01:59 PM   #22
NestT

NestT is on a distinguished road

<<

Back to the point though, Shaq is gonna be in for a BIG surprise January 17th. First time Shaq touches the ball, he'll try to drive it in, and get the ball thrown right back in his face as he tries to dunk it...while Yao stands 7 1/2 feet over his face and says...&quot;chingchangyingwahh&quot; right back to him...and proceeds to wipe the floor clean with Shaq.

>>

And what will happen when Yao wakes up. This thread is bone-headed.
NestT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:39 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

<< so your smart ass u comparing some comments a guy makes to burning a damn cross? you're moron, i wont reply to your posts if you continue to post garbage like that.

fact is, more than just me was at the game and noone said anything about it, but do you think that playing a bong sound everytime a chinese player misses a shot is racist? i do, and alot of the fans who were at the game does.
>>

Super Slow Mo, it may be true that I am a SMART ass, as my family fequently calls me one. Of cource I will remind, you as I do them, that I would rather be known as a smart ass rather than a DUMB ass. By the way, in the future, you will look much better when you make disparaging comments on the intelligence of a person based on remarks that they have written that you actually read those remarks before making such a comment. Many people believe that failing to do this would be classified as moronic behavior. Sophomoric is probably the best that you could reasonably hope for.

Let's revisit what I did say. I said

<< Yeah, I know I am exptrapolating the situation to extremes >>

Do you know what extrapolating means? If you don't, you should look it up before rushing to judgement on a statement in which this word plays a key part. Let me refresh your memory:

extrapolate

v 1: draw from specific cases for more general cases [syn: generalize, generalise, infer] 2: estimate the value of; in mathematics [syn: interpolate] 3: gain knowledge of (an area not known or experienced) by extrapolating

What I did was take 2 known incidents of relatively minor offenses an exaggerate them to proportions much larger in an attempt to make a point. I attempted to do this in relatively proportional way between the offenses by the Mavs, which I substitued Mark Cuban and Don Nelson, and Shaq. Yes, burning a cross on somebody's front yard is way more racially insensitive than playing the bong sound. By the way, genius, I was comparing it to the bong song not Shaq's comment. Shaq's comment was exaggerated to beating up an asian simple because he is asian. Again this way worse than Shaq's comment. What I was trying to do is make a point. By exaggerating both actions to what I thought everyone would see were ridiculously out of proportion to what happened we could see that two wrongs do not make a right.

Also note that I called Shaq's comments racially insensitive and not racist. I did not call Shaq a racist either. He may or may not be one. I don't have enough information to say. I do find it interesting that you spoke up about the cross burning but not about an asian getting beat up. Do you have anything against asians? Just curious. Do you hate all racism or just certain types? I'm on record as saying I detest racism in all forms. How about you?

Speaking of racist, do you know what it means? Let's revisit that definition also:

racist

adj 1: based on racial intolerance; &quot;racist remarks&quot; 2: discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion [syn: antiblack, anti-Semitic, anti-Semite(a)] n : a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others [syn: racialist]

Are the Mavs trying to show intolerance or demonstarte that the asian people are inferior by playing the bong song? I certainly don't have enough evidience to justify forming this opinion. Likewise I don't know enough to form a judgement that Shaq was intentionally trying to demean asians with his statement. Still both the bong song and Shaq's statement can certainly be said to be racially insensitive if they are found offend people on this subject. My point is that the media should put pressure on all athelete to retract and apologize for racially insensitive remarks. It doesn't matter the color of the person making the remark, it is still wrong.

Now as to the Mavs and the bong song. Have you protested to the Mavericks management over this? Have you gathered a petition from those other fans around you who are also offended? Why didn't you bring it up on this forum before? And did you bring it up only to justify Shaq's actions? If this offends you, do something about it. Research it. Find out who is responsible. Report here who you have spoken with, what they said. Make sure you give us necessary details so that we can take action if we choose to. But don't sit there and whine why everyone but you hasn't done something, when you're not doing anything either.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:25 PM   #24
Super Slow Mo

you sure seem to type alot when someone calls you out on your posts. alot of unecessary stuff if you ask me. i made my point, and im sticking by it. im sure you're doing the same thing.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:12 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

Whatever.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:00 PM   #26
Super Slow Mo

exactly my point, you have your opinion and i have mine. im not trying to change your opinion here, i just want to let mine by known.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:12 PM   #27
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

the mavs were playing a &quot;bong&quot; sound? Is Wang a stoner?
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:48 PM   #28
Dallas-Maverick

Dallas-Maverick is on a distinguished road

I hope yao either punches him in the face the next game or gives him an elbow.....or drops 40 like someone says
i am afraid though that shaq might eat him
Dallas-Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 10:05 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well to be correct, I think the bong sounded only when wang entered the game. It might have happened when he scored but I don't think so.

Quite honestly I think everyone is just too durn sensitive about all of this stuff. If Wang or some fans complained to the mavs about the gong, I imagine they would stop it, just like they stop nativity scenes, singing christmas carols, having christmas trees, get upset about atlanta braves..

Best thing I heard lately was the college or high school indian group creating a mascot called the fightin whiteys. Hilarious, and I understand they sold a lot of tshirts.

All of it is equally silly in my opinion, but since now adays being a victim seems to be some folks favorite pasttime, what can you do.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:08 PM   #30
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

<< the mavs were playing a &quot;bong&quot; sound? Is Wang a stoner? >>

&quot;Did you say bong&quot; says the Crippler with an avitar of Jerry Garcia[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Classic.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:06 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest, people are just too sensitive about what they think is racist and what is not.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 05:59 AM   #32
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

That, I agree with!
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote