Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-16-2003, 11:57 PM   #1
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

Charles Barkely was just saying that Matt Harpring should be on the All-Star team... can we say, Hype? Harpring deserves hype, i guess. people love saying how Harpring's "a Jerry Sloan guy." and Calbert Cheaney is now "a Jerry Sloan guy." plays hard, scrappy, smart. that's a Jerry Sloan guy.

so my question is, was Kirilenko (whose defense and Najera-like game is killing Seattle right now) a Jerry Sloan guy before coming to the Jazz, or did he *become* a Jerry Sloan guy over the past season?

and here's another Utah-related musing, cast in the form a Marvel Comics "What If?" title: What If... Jerry Sloan was coach of the Dallas Mavericks?

finally, in light of all the wild trade talk in the Mavs board (Finley for Gasol?!?), here's my ultimate post-Kings-game, knee-jerk trade: Del Harris for Jerry Sloan. now that would kick us into championship mode. no?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2003, 12:34 AM   #2
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

damn it mav love I was just going to say how he was eddie like. This guy is better then eddie no offense Chiwas. That is meant as a compliment to eddie. What a freak of nature with those arms that dangle onn the ground. Don't think he is leaving utah for a while though.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:27 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< and here's another Utah-related musing, cast in the form a Marvel Comics &quot;What If?&quot; title: What If... Jerry Sloan was coach of the Dallas Mavericks? >>

Jerry is a very good coach and he would have success here. Some fans would still call for his firing but would be afraid to say so to his face for fear he would kick ther a$$. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 08:06 AM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

EDDIE IS THE BEST. period. No comparisons allowed.

(Maybe two Eddies with Mavs to beat kings? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Old 01-17-2003, 08:09 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Maybe two Eddies with Mavs to beat kings? >>

Chiwas: I will gladly settle for one Eddie if we can get him back anywhere near full strength for the next time we play the Kings. You need to give the twins a call to see what they can do about speeding his rehab up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 10:02 AM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Harpring is kicking butt this year(18.7ppg/7.4rpg) for the Jazz, and totally out played Lewis last night.

The worst part is that the Mavs could've probably had him for the asking, without having to try to convince him to play for less than he thought he deserved (Lewis) or without having to sign him to an offer sheet and count on the other team not matching (Redd).

I think Harping would've been a plug-and-play SF with scoring ability, 3-point shooting ability, above-average rebounding and tough defense.

Mavs totally dropped the ball here by pursuing Lewis then Redd, while my nominee for Most Improved Player of the year was theirs for the taking.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

Kiki: Hindsight is always better than foresight. But I do wish we could have gotten Harpring. Oh well back to work on that time machine of mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

LRB:

I was calling for Harpring in June.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:20 AM   #9
LRB
Guru

Kiki: Yeah but who but you and Jerry Sloane knew he would be so good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 10:32 AM   #10
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

I'd never stoop so low as to employ hindsight, but I will reach over to toot my own horn.

I had express reservations about how well Lewis's skills would fit in with the Big Three. I was more interested in Redd than Lewis, but I still can't for the life of me figure out why the Mavs showed no interest whatsoever in Harpring when he was given his outright relase by the Sixers.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #11
LRB
Guru

I think that most everyone underrated Harprings offensive skills. The Mavs probaly just say him as more of a tough defender with more limited offensive skills that he has shown to have. Good call though asking for him in June. Maybe Nellie will listen to you next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll toss the props over to Kiki on this one. Although I wan't as strongly opinionated about Harpring myself....Kiki was carrying the Harpring banner well before he signed in Utah. He was correct. The Mavs could have had him for a song.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs didn't want to blow their exception in the first few weeks of free agency. Historically, most of the guys that sign early on are way overpaid. The Mavs were right in their assumption that big name free agents would get squeezed out by the luxury tax, and that bargains would be found later in the summer. They were actually the beneficiaries of this in signing Walt Williams and Popeye Jones for almost nothing. They were also very close to landing both Lewis and Redd, who were thought to have been bigger steals than Harpring at the time. They made both the Sonics and Bucks pay much more than they wanted, which is always good. I think they also wanted to leave their exception open in case Askarabic wanted to come over. Unfortunately that didn't work out either. Right now, it's easy to look at what the Mavs finally got with their exceptions (Wizard, Popeye, Rigadeau), and compare it to what they could have had if they had chosen to blow their exception early on Harpring, Clark, or Donyell Marshall. But if I'm not wrong, all of those guys signed long term contracts for the max allowable under the exception. I think in the minds of the Mavericks, those guys may still be overpaid and their long term production wouldn't be worth the impact their contracts would have on the salary cap. I bet the Mavs had three or four guys they were targeting in free agency, and these guys just weren't among them. You can fault the results, but you can't fault the strategy. I'm sure they'll do it again next year if Oggy doesn't pull through.

As for Kiralenko, the rumor is that the Nelsons tried very hard to trade for him a couple of years ago. Does anyone remember the Bradley to Utah trades? Reportedly a key player in those talks was Kiralenko, who Donnie liked VERY much. He wasn't in the NBA yet, but Utah wouldn't budge on the kid. Right now, I don't think there is any way to get him. Utah is needs to establish a young foundation for after Stockton and Malone leave. I'm not saying Kiralenko will be the cornerstone. He's not a franchise, Antawn Jamison type of player. But he's a good young player, and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Strategy over results everytime. That's the Nelson way.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:17 AM   #15
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Kirilenko more than Harpring. Harpring has made himself into a dead eye shooter, and with that, a pretty good scorer this year, but he doesen't have a whole lot of offensive tools. His release is quick but he can't really put the ball on the floor. While he may be a scrappy Kurt Rambis type on the other end he's hardly a good defender, he's too slow to keep up with other 2s and some 3s in the league. Kirilenko, every game I've seen him in I've been repeatedly impressed with him, this guy is scrappy too but he's also got some impressive athleticism. I always see him making big plays on defense, guarding tough opponents and getting key baskets. This guy is a player.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:43 AM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'll back up Kiki on this as well. He was calling for Harpring from the beginning of the summer on.

I think the bottom line is that Nelson wasted time pursuing unrealistic options when any number of realistic (and affordable ones) were out there that could have really helped.

However, Nellie consciously made the decisions he made, and I think he deserves the chance to play out the rest of the season and show us that he was right or wrong.

Old 10-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #17
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Kirilenko

Kirilenko just signed for a max deal. I compared, fallaciously, josh howard to kirilenko earlier this year saying that Josh could rather easily duplicate what Kirilenko has done. I'll own up to that ridiculous statement now. I can't believe the Russian was in the top five in both blocks and steals last year. That is simply amazing. I'm sure you guys told me that, but I just was not paying attention at the time. I think Josh can be good, but he's definitely not anywhere near Andre's league yet.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:50 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

JLEE, you just earned alot of respect from me for bringing up your own mistake and owning up to it without anyone calling you out on it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:36 PM   #19
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
JLEE, you just earned alot of respect from me for bringing up your own mistake and owning up to it without anyone calling you out on it.
you two need to get a room

everyone makes mistakes, most can't remember what they said three years ago and find it and then admit they were wrong
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 04:57 PM   #20
TheBenger

TheBenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I compared, fallaciously, josh howard to kirilenko earlier this year saying that Josh could rather easily duplicate what Kirilenko has done.
Their rookies numbers were quite comparable, though Andre was considerably younger than Josh his rookie year. Kind of strange considering Andre is the best player on his team and Josh can't even get playing time.
TheBenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 09:10 PM   #21
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
you two need to get a room

everyone makes mistakes, most can't remember what they said three years ago and find it and then admit they were wrong
okay rak, but I made my comments about three Months ago, and thus, they were still fresh in my mind. Maybe I should have dug up exactly where I had debated the issue, but I forgot the thread so I decided to find a Kirilenko thread to post my thoughts in. I was not trying to implicate any of the old posts made in this thread, but I do find it interesting to see the progression of the ideas concerning kirlenko since this thread began and now.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:21 AM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kirilenko

Andrei didnt start but he had
2blocks in 12minutes of play his first game back
2blocks in 14 minutes the second game back
5 blocks in 20 minutes of play today

not too bad.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:39 AM   #23
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

My friend and I watched the end of the jazz-sonics game tonight. It is almost shocking to see how much kirilenko domintates defensively. He is also a pretty crafty offensive player. He and the entire Jazz team are just fun to watch play.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:22 AM   #24
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

AK is the best defensive player in the league and it's not even close. Here are some stats for his defensive impact from 82games. They're almost certainly inflated to some extent because of the amount of time he's missed, but they're worth gawking at nonetheless:
.................................................. ...................With AK.............Without AK
points allowed per 100 posessions......101.6.................115.8
effective fg% allowed.................................45%....... ...........52%
fta's by opponent per 48............................26.................. ...34
shots blocked........................................... ..10%...................4%
Old 01-27-2005, 02:46 AM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

he's insane and I love watching him play.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #26
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

I have to add my two cents here. Call me crazy but I think Kirilenko is the best SF in the game and damn near one of the best players in the league. The guy totally dominates defensively and he has seriously elite court vision. He's active offensively & an efficient scorer. He's a dominate passer who makes his teamates better. I can't get over how fun it is to watch him play. Dirk may have Bird's shotting touch; but Kirilenko has Bird's basketball mind. He literally sees things before thay happen. Lebron has the same gift.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:49 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

But does he has the ability to take over a game? Remember a few years back when they compared Dirk to Garnett, esp when we met them in the first round of the playoffs? Garnett was the better all-around player but he didn't have Dirk's ability to take over a game. I still don't believe Garnett posseses that ability, at least not like Dirk can. When it comes down to it, the thing a team needs to most, esp to win a championship, is to have that play to take over the game in the 4th quarter. I don't think Kerlinko has that ability, at least not yet. Don't get me wrong, I love his game, and KG's. However you mention basketball mind, and I think to have a completely basketball mind, you have to know when to take over a game being the team's star.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #28
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

D'oh

Last edited by irontoad; 01-03-2006 at 11:52 PM.
irontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Kirelenko reminds me quite a bit of shawn marion. Marion is an absolutely great guy to have on your team as is AK47.. But I also don't think they can be the number 1 option. It seems that they can't really create their own shot like you need to.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #30
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

So...

Andrei and Co. played the Kings last night.

Mr. Kirilenko dropped 15 pts (5-12 FGM-A, 5-11 FTM-A), 14 rebs (6 off.), 10 blks, 3 asts, 3 stls...

He's good.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 AM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he messed around and got a triple double.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 AM   #32
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Sounds like he messed around and got a triple double.
It was a good day for Mr. Kirilenko.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:20 AM   #33
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Give Dirk a player of the caliber of Artest, Kirilenko or Marion and he will win you a title that very year. Nash is a lucky bastard.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:25 AM   #34
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Give Dirk a player of the caliber of Artest, Kirilenko or Marion and he will win you a title that very year. Nash is a lucky bastard.
Geez...can you even imagine?

Dirk + Kirilenko...

orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:42 AM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
It was a good day for Mr. Kirilenko.
Hey, any day where you don't even have to use your AK...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:33 AM   #36
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

AK's mom probably cooked a breakfast with no hog. But that's just a guess. I would also guess that there was some sort of ironical combination of his brew and his girl's chronic.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 AM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Kirelenko reminds me quite a bit of shawn marion. Marion is an absolutely great guy to have on your team as is AK47.. But I also don't think they can be the number 1 option. It seems that they can't really create their own shot like you need to.
AK47 is a MUCH better passer than Marion. Really, on the best passing forwards in the league, right up there with Webber, Garnett, Walker and Odom. That said, I whole-heartedly agree that both he and Marion are not true franchise players because of their inability to create their own offense. Of course, I also feel the same way about Garnett but to a much lesser extent.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #38
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
So...

Andrei and Co. played the Kings last night.

Mr. Kirilenko dropped 15 pts (5-12 FGM-A, 5-11 FTM-A), 14 rebs (6 off.), 10 blks, 3 asts, 3 stls...

He's good.
Wow, that's a lotta blocks in one game. What's the record for the most number of blocks in a game?
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
Wow, that's a lotta blocks in one game. What's the record for the most number of blocks in a game?
Most blocked shots, game
17-Elmore Smith, Los Angeles vs. Portland, October 28, 1973

From NBA.com
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Note: Blocked shots have only been tracked since the 73-74 season.