Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #41
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Lol. Guy, If some jackass coming in starting a GDT on the wrong day and failing miserably at every step is "taking the spotlight" then so be it. His 1st post was re-issuing a GDT and his 2nd post was defending Oilfield trash who I'm pretty sure knows everyone here has gone over "the championship team" and losing players etc...crying endlessly over spilled milk. These are the things you want to raise the forum "out of the grave" with?
Didn't I cover this kind of behavior?

I'm not defending anyone or on some triumphant revival crusade. I'm giving advice and nothing more.

It's pretty simple and fully in your court. If you want a lively forum then don't run off new posters thus creating the type of posters you resent. If you want some sort of elitist old boys E-club country bar (sounds pretty sad to me but to each their own) then go create one that doesn't allow fresh ideas into the group. Whichever you choose, bitching about new posters and complaining about the moderating group isn't much of a solution now is it.

You know what to do if you need so much control over the thought process that those who don't act in a way that E-club approves of are forced out. I prefer a much more accepting culture without personal comfort issues, but that's just me.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
Do you three build diamonds for your wives by cramming handfuls of the graphite shavings from the pencils you've been pushing all day long up your tight asses?

Seriously, stop running everyone off and destroying the forum. Maybe it would be more lively if your paranoia didn't urge you to constantly bash on every new poster you suspect is a Cadbane reincarnation.

I feel like tough guys who cry when anyone puts them outside their E-comfort zone clutter every thread whining about how other posters aren't saying things exactly as they want them to. Control or daddy issues mebbe?
I only bash jackasses.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
Oh and here's a thought..DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

User CP >> Edit Ignore List >> Add a Member to Your List

It's that simple.
I actually kinda like the back and forth with trolls. They are kida funny in a 7 year old way.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Twiter has replaced the GDT and the random-quick hit observation posts for a lot of people. What I use this board for now is long, intelligent conversations that don't fit on twitter.

Let the Mavs make a significant trade and then see how much traffic hits this board.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #45
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Didn't I cover this kind of behavior?

I'm not defending anyone or on some triumphant revival crusade. I'm giving advice and nothing more.

It's pretty simple and fully in your court. If you want a lively forum then don't run off new posters thus creating the type of posters you resent. If you want some sort of elitist old boys E-club country bar (sounds pretty sad to me but to each their own) then go create one that doesn't allow fresh ideas into the group. Whichever you choose, bitching about new posters and complaining about the moderating group isn't much of a solution now is it.

You know what to do if you need so much control over the thought process that those who don't act in a way that E-club approves of are forced out. I prefer a much more accepting culture without personal comfort issues, but that's just me.
It is pretty simple. If being a complete jackass (almost purposely) doing the things that people get annoyed by is your definition of "lively", then no I don't care for that. If you prefer something other than whats going on here pursue it, no one is gonna lose sleep. Maverick Outlaw and a cpl others contribute nothing but trying to piss people off.

I feel somewhere in there you are intelligent enough to contribute, unlike a few others. Do it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #46
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Twiter has replaced the GDT and the random-quick hit observation posts for a lot of people. What I use this board for now is long, intelligent conversations that don't fit on twitter.

Let the Mavs make a significant trade and then see how much traffic hits this board.
How does a gdt work on twitter?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

First you start with Twitter sucking and then you just don't use it. gae.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #48
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
And.......
Littering aaanndddd...?

Littering aaannnddd...?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #49
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It is pretty simple. If being a complete jackass (almost purposely) doing the things that people get annoyed by is your definition of "lively", then no I don't care for that. If you prefer something other than whats going on here pursue it, no one is gonna lose sleep. Maverick Outlaw and a cpl others contribute nothing but trying to piss people off.

I feel somewhere in there you are intelligent enough to contribute, unlike a few others. Do it.
Distorting what I said and putting words in my mouth don't really add anything. I guess complaining to the mods is what you're here for. Have fun.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
How does a gdt work on twitter?
1. Follow people on twitter whose Mavs opinions you enjoy.
2. Watch twitter during game to see said opinions.
3. Profit?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #51
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Distorting what I said and putting words in my mouth don't really add anything. I guess complaining to the mods is what you're here for. Have fun.
You have the wrong person.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #52
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3. Profit?
Yeah, it works.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #53
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Doesn't explain why you follow me, holmes.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #54
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the energy we used to have on this board. I honestly do. There were so many personalities, awesome people and even awesome rivalries. Even Eduardo Najera had thread after thread devoted to whether or not he was a decent player. It was amazing because of all the passion. More (bad) posts won't fix it. More mods banning trolls won't fix it. The only thing that will improve this board is involvement of fans across the spectrum with respectable (and respectful) comments. The only way for that to happen is for there to be more interest in the Mavs and it's pretty hard to get excited for signing D-leaguers and guys that have fallen out of the league, (although we had threads and threads devoted to Antoine Rigadeau's next coming of Reggie Miller).

It's still a solid forum but it has about the energy of the average Maverick fan-- which is to say cautiously optimistic but not terribly impassioned. Still some excellent posters here as well-- they just don't post as often because there's less to comment on.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-25-2013 at 03:19 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #55
Kidd2Dirk43

Kidd2Dirk43 has a spectacular aura aboutKidd2Dirk43 has a spectacular aura aboutKidd2Dirk43 has a spectacular aura about

Enema
Kidd2Dirk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #56
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3. Profit?
That's a cards against humanity card. Step 1: ____, Step 2: ____, Step 3: Profit.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #57
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The only way for that to happen is for there to be more interest in the Mavs and it's pretty hard to get excited for signing D-leaguers and guys that have fallen out of the league, (although we had threads and threads devoted to Antoine Rigadeau's next coming of Reggie Miller).
Yea... the most excited I ever got about Mike James was in 2005 when Darrell Armstrong blocked him so hard, Mike James threw himself out of the game 8 seconds later.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #58
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
That's a cards against humanity card. Step 1: ____, Step 2: ____, Step 3: Profit.
fun game

Tags
fail ahoy! (again), ghost of grand delusions, ghost of tampons past, ghostly prick ahoy