Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #81
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScottMcKenzie View Post
was the bogut block a foul? Cuban thinks it was.
Looks like he got all ball
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #82
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post
Looks like he got all ball
I thought it was clean too.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #83
DarrenCollisonSucks

DarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura aboutDarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura aboutDarrenCollisonSucks has a spectacular aura about

I might stop watching mavericks games, it's too stressful.

Last edited by DarrenCollisonSucks; 02-01-2013 at 01:38 AM.
DarrenCollisonSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #84
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs Crap the Bed, Again.... Again!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #85
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

Carlisle: "The game came down to the foul that wasn't called. Brandan Wright was fouled and it was obvious."
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #86
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

i thought it was clean
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #87
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Looked clean to me. Definitely clean enough for an end-of-game no call.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #88
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Either way, Carlisle is going to get fined for what he said after the game and it's going to put more of a spotlight on the officiating.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #89
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

it was a foul...another bad ref.fuck.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #90
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Why not start Brand with James/Wright instead of going with 2 SG's and SF?

Bogut's block on Wright was definitely clean.

Why can't OJ make his free throws in the clutch? Why can't he guard anyone either?
Vince Carter going haywire at the beginning of the 4th was uncalled for and catastrophic. The 2nd unit was great because it was sharing the ball and Vince decided it was time roll back the clock and try score to 1 on 4.

Interesting that Mark Jackson elected to play the zone vs the Mavs 2nd team and not the 1st.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #91
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Clean block by bogut.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #92
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well Cuban and Carlisle reaaaaaally shouldn't be trying to deflect the true nature of the issue. We all know that NBA reffing leaves something to be desired, but c'mon, are they the reason for our OT loss record? Or our crappy record in general? No. Don't make excuses.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #93
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well Cuban and Carlisle reaaaaaally shouldn't be trying to deflect the true nature of the issue. We all know that NBA reffing leaves something to be desired, but c'mon, are they the reason for our OT loss record? Or our crappy record in general? No. Don't make excuses.
What about not making excuses for horrible officiating in saying 'OT record, y'all?'

I'm a big fan of criticizing officiating in a big way (when appropriate), bc the NBA is not honest with the topic. So somebody has to be. That's why I like JVG that much, because sometimes it seems he is the only one that has the guts to point fingers in front of a big audience. No other sport overprotects their refs the way the NBA does.

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-01-2013 at 02:00 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #94
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

To me it looks like a foul

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8904288

He hits Wright's elbow.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #95
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the common commentator would say: "There definitely is a lot of contact."

It's a clean block on top, but he surely gets fouled beneath. And saying that Bogut went straight up is pathetic btw.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
What about not making excuses for horrible officiating in saying 'OT record, y'all?'

I'm a big fan of criticizing officiating in a big way (when appropriate), bc the NBA is not honest with the topic. So somebody has to be. That's why I like JVG that much, because sometimes it seems he is the only one that has the guts to point fingers in front of a big audience. No other sport overprotects their refs the way the NBA does.
I'm not saying it's ok there chief, but any person who watches the NBA knows the refs suck. I, of course, wish it was different, but the refs aren't the reason for the crappy season. I'd say the Mayo thing was worthy and so did the NBA, but I'm not as sold on the Bogut non call. It could have gone either way.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #97
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Those two calls are the specific reason we won't make the playoffs and win the chip. Only if Roddy had his chance in a playoff situation. We all know he is the truth.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #98
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Looked clean to me. Definitely clean enough for an end-of-game no call.
?What? you must have had a bad angle.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #99
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Refs are fickle. They go with the team with momentum and swagger. When you are winning, then sense the confidence and give you more calls. Right now we're hanging our shoulders and it makes our situation twice as bad. Even games we'd struggle to win, we're losing because the refs see the fear in our eyes and reward the team with conviction. I don't sense an anti-Mavs bias at all-- just fickle officiating that rewards the cocky team and penalizes the reeling one.

Just two years ago with vets and confidene, I saw us on the beneficiary side of a TON of calls that could have gone either way. Kidd and Chandler mauled players for blocks and steals with no foul called. It's about our mentality and the physical manifestation out there on the court-- unfortunately we'll lose a lot of close games we'd win if the officiating was totally even, but if we end up putting it together, we'd be the first team to benefit.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-01-2013 at 03:00 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #100
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

You know, having just watched a larger replay than what I saw last night, I'm changing my opinion on that Bogut/Wright play. That was a foul. Contact was made on Wright's elbow first.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #101
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
You know, having just watched a larger replay than what I saw last night, I'm changing my opinion on that Bogut/Wright play. That was a foul. Contact was made on Wright's elbow first.
Yep, no question. At first last night I was pissed that he didn't take it up strong so I wanted to look at wth he did, but after watching it again he got bumped good on the elbow and lost it, then Bogut pulled his hands back as if he went straight up.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote