Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Sometimes it's just not your night (season))

Tough loss. I really feel bad for the guys. In spite of the fact that they were down throughout, with the exception of Klay Thompson going nuts for the first 3 quarters I really thought the Mavs outplayed the Warriors most of the night. Just came up a little bit short.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I am in danger of becoming one of those fans that clings bitterly to past championships because the current iteration of the team is heartbreaking.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I am in danger of becoming one of those fans that clings bitterly to past championships because the current iteration of the team is heartbreaking.
If there's one thing I took from the years that preceded the championship, it's that if you're not looking forward, you might as well have your eyes closed.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I'm exhausted over coming up with reasons/excuses for the shortcummings of this team.

Bottom line, good teams can close out the tight games. Bad teams can't. Regardless of the ups and downs throughout a game, the mavs are still a bad team. Really starting to look like no playoffs.

Most of all I feel bad for the team, and I hate Cuban right now.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I'm exhausted over coming up with reasons/excuses for the shortcummings of this team.

Bottom line, good teams can close out the tight games. Bad teams can't. Regardless of the ups and downs throughout a game, the mavs are still a bad team. Really starting to look like no playoffs.

Most of all I feel bad for the team, and I hate Cuban right now.
Good team just seem to get the end of game calls to go their way.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
No one can take away the title Dallas won square and fair against the best teams in the league. I can feed on that win for the next decade or so. In the meantime, F'm all!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #7
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Wonder how long Cuban and Co plan on keeping with the dog and pony show of we're not rebuilding? Any future wins at this point just hurt the team as well as holding on to any assets such as Marion, Kaman, Carter.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I will say regardless that Rick is one of the best coaches in the league. To take what is one of the least talented teams in the NBA and make them competitive against any team on a nightly basis has been impressive.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Nothing "tough" about this loss or this season.

Cuban and Donnie wanted it so.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-01-2013 at 09:02 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
It may be better to forget the championship and compare this team to the mavs that won 6 games in the 90s. You might feel better.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible, Terrible, terrible officiating. We didn't have a chance. The no call on wright to finish it was a joke. Frustrating.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth View Post
It may be better to forget the championship and compare this team to the mavs that won 6 games in the 90s. You might feel better.
Dude. That actually worked a little.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like the season officially ended in that Portland game anyway. Good for the guys to give a great effort. Shawn Marion better not be traded unless it is a serious upgrade.

I'm surprised it was even that close...especially when Brand and Collison gave squat on offense. I just don't know about Collison...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I feel like the season officially ended in that Portland game anyway.
I hate to say it, but I agree.

Edit: minus the use of the term 'officially' of course.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-01-2013 at 12:10 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's one thing to bitterly long for the past championship, but you only become a douchebag troll when you start saying, "Yeah? Well we won in 2011, thus we will eternally, without further qualification, be better than the sucky team that YOU are rooting for."
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to think about it, but more losses at this point might just prevent the FO to do something stupid until 21st.

One upside of Dirk and Kamans absence is that we see a tad more of James and Wright. Sarge and Roddy quietly had great games and were only topped by Mayo and Marion. Wright trashed a great performance in the 4th, but I especially like the high P&R with him.

As others noted, the late game collapses will disappear eventually, but it'll be too late.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
It's hard to think about it, but more losses at this point might just prevent the FO to do something stupid until 21st.

One upside of Dirk and Kamans absence is that we see a tad more of James and Wright. Sarge and Roddy quietly had great games and were only topped by Mayo and Marion. Wright trashed a great performance in the 4th, but I especially like the high P&R with him.

As others noted, the late game collapses will disappear eventually, but it'll be too late.
Agree. Roddy and Sarge both looked great. Great energy. Wright too was good till the end. Time to work the young guys in some. Crowder just looks lost...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #18
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else notice the confusion on the last play after a long NBA timeout? Seems somewhat emblematic of the way things are these days. Mike James(who hadnt played)inbounding over a 7ftr., Crowder checking in late, Wright in as a screen setter, just avoiding a 5 second count...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Agree. Roddy and Sarge both looked great. Great energy. Wright too was good till the end. Time to work the young guys in some. Crowder just looks lost...
In the end where he got hacked on both arms by Bogut?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
In the end where he got hacked on both arms by Bogut?
I actually thought it was a clean block

he had a big unforced turnover a couple minutes before that

Last edited by mac222b; 02-01-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #21
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

I wish the Mavs would just tank the season so we can get a high draft pick

Instead we'll barely miss the playoffs and end up with a crappy draft pick.

Last edited by He15man; 02-01-2013 at 01:12 PM.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #22
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post

At this point even if they full-on tanked they would need teams like SAC, Toronto, Minn., Det to win and leapfrog them. Even in that event they're looking at 8 or 9 as best(worst)case scenario. Maybe Detroit wtih Calderon puts together a little win streak? Toronto? Most likely they wind up around 12th no matter what

Last edited by mac222b; 02-01-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
It's one thing to bitterly long for the past championship, but you only become a douchebag troll when you start saying, "Yeah? Well we won in 2011, thus we will eternally, without further qualification, be better than the sucky team that YOU are rooting for."
Haha, yes I fear one day seeing a Rockets-type fan in the mirror.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be honest here. That Mayo charge the other night was horrible, but Bogut at max as 50:50 as it gets.

Nonetheless the last two games show once again that criticizing officiating is more than just weak stuff and making excuses.

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-01-2013 at 01:53 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I actually thought it was a clean block

he had a big unforced turnover a couple minutes before that
I didn't like the silly hook type shot he took over the smaller guy on the mismatch a few possessions earlier.

But, there is pretty clear contact on the elbow. And that type fould gets called often.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8904288

Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #26
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I didn't like the silly hook type shot he took over the smaller guy on the mismatch a few possessions earlier.

But, there is pretty clear contact on the elbow. And that type fould gets called often.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8904288
Said it in the other thread, but I've changed my mind after getting a better look at the replay and now agree that was a foul. Maybe it's one that doesn't get called a lot (in Brandan Wright's favor, anyway) in the closing seconds of a game, but man, two games in a row...
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Said it in the other thread, but I've changed my mind after getting a better look at the replay and now agree that was a foul. Maybe it's one that doesn't get called a lot (in Brandan Wright's favor, anyway) in the closing seconds of a game, but man, two games in a row...
I still say it's a 50/50 call, at best. You can get a better look with replays and can change your mind that way. The refs won't have that benefit. I still think Wright needs to be more assertive with the move and go a little more into Bogut, but that's clearly not his game.

The gripe over Portland is much more relevant compared to this one. Portland was a game they should have had and were there multiple times in the fourth quarter and obviously held a lead for a good chunk of the game. They needed run after run after the early portion of the game just to be able to sniff the lead against Golden State.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I still say it's a 50/50 call, at best. You can get a better look with replays and can change your mind that way. The refs won't have that benefit. I still think Wright needs to be more assertive with the move and go a little more into Bogut, but that's clearly not his game.

The gripe over Portland is much more relevant compared to this one. Portland was a game they should have had and were there multiple times in the fourth quarter and obviously held a lead for a good chunk of the game. They needed run after run after the early portion of the game just to be able to sniff the lead against Golden State.
It may be a 50/50 call because a)we're talking about Wright and b)because it's in G.S., but the reason it was much more clear on the replays is because there are close ups and better views than what we got at home on TV. The refs have the benefit of being on the floor and one was pretty damn close to the play. He screwed up and swallowed his whistle. Oh, well. HAppens.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #29
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post

It may be 50/50 that you get the call - and that will vary quite a bit according to who the offensive player, and to a less extent who the defensive player is, I expect - but there's nothing 50/50 about the question of whether or not a foul was committed. Brandan was fouled. Whether or not Dallas led most of the game like they did against the Blazers, or had to fight and claw their way back into it like they did against the Warriors, is completely immaterial. In both cases they earned a trip to the free throw line by attacking the paint in the closing seconds of a tight game, only to see blown calls and non-calls distort their successes into TOs and losses. Does it happen? Sure. The refs are human, and mistakes are inevitable. Does that make it acceptable? Fuck no.

That said, I agree the Portland call was the more egregious error, and in all likelihood, if not for that blown charge on OJ and the loss that it precipitated, Rick wouldn't have made as much of the non-call last night. Salt don't hurt until it gets poured on an open wound.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #30
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
No one can take away the title Dallas won square and fair against the best teams in the league. I can feed on that win for the next decade or so. In the meantime, F'm all!
and one of the hardest routes to the finals in recent history - Portland then OKC then Lakers - then bitch slapped the Heat (in a non-strike season!)

I'm with you on this - I can live off that banner for a long,long time.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
and one of the hardest routes to the finals in recent history - Portland then OKC then Lakers - then bitch slapped the Heat (in a non-strike season!)

I'm with you on this - I can live off that banner for a long,long time.
To hear the dry powder adherents yak, it was all luck and lightning in a bottle, never to even come close to be repeated.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #33
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by He15man View Post

last year was the year to do so .
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #34
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Should have kept Tyson and tanked the lockout season.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Should have kept Tyson and tanked the lockout season.
Yes...because then that would be bulletproof evidence that keeping Chandler was worth it. Just tank the season after signing him!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #36
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Well, it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year?
Make that two years now, certainly going to be three and more likely 4-5.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #37
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
To hear the dry powder adherents yak, it was all luck and lightning in a bottle, never to even come close to be repeated.
Actually, powder-dry advocate or not, I can virtually guarantee you that the Mavs would never have come close to competing for a championship with the same lineup that we won with. Simply put, we got hot at the right time, Dirk had one of the most historic playoff runs of all time, and everyone who should have contributed, did, and did so emphatically. However, that year we played FAR beyond our potential. But hey, a ring is a ring.

Cuban made the correct decision in letting MOST of our guys go, probably with the exception of Chandler and maybe Butler. I feel as if everyone on our current roster is superior to everyone on that roster, with the exception of Chandler. Everyone whining about how we should of kept the team together are fucking morons, to put it extremely bluntly. That team had absolutely no prayer in hell at competing with the likes of OKC, Clips, and Miami.

Quote:
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Well now that you say that, what else is to be said. Case closed.

We are obviously much closer to competing for a championship now than we would have been. Not
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #39
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
Actually, powder-dry advocate or not, I can virtually guarantee you that the Mavs would never have come close to competing for a championship with the same lineup that we won with.
Yes, i agree. And that's exactly why we should have tanked the lockout seson.

BUT at the same time I can virtually guarantee you that the Mavs would be in a much better position with Dirk&Chandler than with Dirk&dry powder. At least for 2013-2015

Last edited by markus1234; 02-02-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #40
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Yes, i agree. And that's exactly why we should have tanked the lockout seson.

BUT at the same time I can virtually guarantee you that the Mavs would be in a much better position with Dirk&Chandler than with Dirk&dry powder. At least for 2013-2015
I'm never an advocate of tanking a season, as the Mavs (aside from Dirk) have never had a history of developing good young talent. As long as Dirk hasn't retired, I always viewed us as a Spurs-esque team that wouldn't really rebuild, you just continue placing quality pieces around your star. But yes, I do completely agree with the fact that we should've kept Chandler. However, I think a major reason that the Mavs didn't, and this hasn't ever been discussed really from what I've seen, is because we were still worried about TC's health issues. Granted, he had none in Dallas, but he was quite injury prone before he arrived. I'm willing to bet that completely aside from the "powder-dry" scenario, the FO was worried about Tyson's continued health if they gave him a long-term contract. Obviously, at this point, that fear went unrealized and he has stayed healthy. But I don't think that it was as blatantly obvious as a lot of these would-be knowledgeable fans think it was.

Quote:
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chandlernuthuggers4ever