Mavs by 1-9 3 50.00%
Spurs by 1-9 0 0%
Spurs by 10+ 0 0%
Rangers by 6 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: game 1/82 - Mavs (0-0) at Spurs (0-0) 8:30

Mavs kick off the season on the road against the reigning golden boy of the NBA, Vicky-Dubs.

Injuries
Luka - no soreness but questionable
Powell - has a cold - questionable
Hardy - ankle sprain - questionable

Collins - cold - questionable

GO MAVS
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2023, 10:06 AM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Game 1/81...did I miss something??

Haha I think our guys come out hot and ready to play a real game. Love that the team got to spend a lot of time together in the preseason, just not so much all together on the court. I think that will go a long way in the locker room and help the Mavs off to a fast start.

Intrigued to see Lively vs. Wemby -- I really like the Spurs S5 but man, their depth is booty. I'm wondering how deep in the rotation Kidd will go as he'll likely play it safe with Luka minutes. Think he should use this first stretch to find out what Curry and Exum can provide. I'm also curious as to the roles of THJ and OMP early on, betting the latter doesn't play a whole lot given what Green, Williams, and DDJ can do. That could be a good thing to let him along a little slower.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:08 AM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Lively blocks Wemby 5 times en route to a 40 point win.

I like our starting lineup if Luka doesn't play actually. Kyrie/Green/Grant/DJJ/Lively won't score a million, but that's a very good defensive lineup.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:45 AM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Im usually pumped going into the season, but I just have a bad feeling in general. Defense is still going to be an issue and I think theres going to be a lot of growing pains to start the season.

That said, smoke the spurs!
Old 10-25-2023, 12:55 PM   #5
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what to expect, so I voted for the Rangers by 6.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:55 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to have low expectations as we were all in la la land last season after losing Brunson.

The one guy I'm a bit worried about now is OMax who clearly has lost that summer league momentum. That's a pick you just can't waste these days when we desperately need quality forwards. Esp when you had Leonard Miller on the board who is multi-talented.

But the Lively pick was spot on no matter how up and down his season might be. If he protects the rim 50% of the time, well that's a 50% we didn't have last season.

The rest of the team will be a mish-mash of vets figuring out their roles since that seems to be the big concern of Cuban and the FO.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-25-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Up and down season starts tonight. Only thing I expect is bizarre coaching decisions.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:30 PM   #8
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I?m excited to watch Lively. He?s going to have some growing pains, but it feels like the Mavs finally have a good draft pick to develop. Hard to be super excited knowing Kidd and Cuban are still running this shit show. Guess I won?t have to worry too much about watching games though since Bally Sports sucks ass.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:41 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Hardy and Powell have been upgraded to probable. Hardy got them young legs that heal quickly.

Old 10-25-2023, 02:41 PM   #10
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

I always start the season with hope, but have to admit my expectations are pretty low. JKidd let us know that if we look like crap tonight, it's not the end of the world, so at least I've got that going for me, which is nice
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 04:18 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I see the game is on ESPN. Will be it on Bally as well? 30 years watching and I still don't get how this crap works.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:43 PM   #12
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I see the game is on ESPN. Will be it on Bally as well? 30 years watching and I still don't get how this crap works.
I'm still confused about how the league, the Mavs haven't found a work around with the Sinclair, ballys contract issues. They need to go back to ktxa 21 and get the fringe audience back and make it easier for die hands to watch. The set up for the past few years has been in shambles.

Old 10-25-2023, 07:00 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Stein: Luka will play
Old 10-25-2023, 08:15 PM   #14
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Maxi starting? I wonder if the original plan was for Powell to start, but they changed to Maxi because of Dwight?s illness.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:25 PM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Maxi starting? I wonder if the original plan was for Powell to start, but they changed to Maxi because of Dwight?s illness.
Of course it was. Kidd can't afford to spend the first 10 games not starting DP, like last season.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:33 PM   #16
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Of course it was. Kidd can't afford to spend the first 10 games not starting DP, like last season.
It does seem like the likely explanation, because the Maxi thing seems out of nowhere. All those times in the past when it made sense to start Maxi they would pull any spare from the deep bench instead, to keep him with the second unit.

Last edited by FreshJive; 10-25-2023 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:44 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Kidd is a dog shit coach. Maxi was terrible during the preseason but ok.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:55 PM   #18
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck this org for starting Maxi what a joke
Old 10-25-2023, 09:01 PM   #19
Melonhead
Guru

Mid season 1st quarter form. Like they never left
Old 10-25-2023, 09:02 PM   #20
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Hahaha they really started Maxi huh?

Mavs are such mid-dog shit.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:02 PM   #21
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Kidd had already said Lively was starting, no?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:04 PM   #22
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I thought Kidd had already said Lively was starting, no?
He was only talking about preseason.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:06 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

No Luka on block.
Luka running point 100%
Same offensive sets
Poor defense
Poor rebound
Odd lineups

Losing games is one thing. Looking exactly the same as a Losing season is another

Old 10-25-2023, 09:08 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kidd should be fired

It?s been over a season of giving up 20-10 leads to start every game
Old 10-25-2023, 09:10 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

What the fuck happened to 200IQ Luka
Old 10-25-2023, 09:20 PM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
What the fuck happened to 200IQ Luka
What happened to slim Luka everyone was claiming.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:21 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Do you think Jason finally told Tim what his role was?

It is greatly ironic that the guy they've tried to move time after time is playing the best in this game.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:21 PM   #28
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Nice to see this year's team committed to defense already 😂

Same shit different year
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:22 PM   #29
Melonhead
Guru

I love you Lively
Old 10-25-2023, 09:24 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If we can?t keep a bad offense below 43in a quarter, I?m lowering my prediction to 30wins
Old 10-25-2023, 09:24 PM   #31
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What happened to slim Luka everyone was claiming.
Slim Luka is still in Serbia.

Pudgy Luka is here to stay.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:25 PM   #32
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine thinking Maxi and jones Jr. are starters in the nba. Just fuck off already Jason Kidd.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:26 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

On pace to allow 172 from the 29th ranked offense

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-25-2023 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:28 PM   #34
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Imagine thinking Maxi and jones Jr. are starters in the nba. Just fuck off already Jason Kidd.
They don't take the 4 or 5 seriously because Kidd would rather coach a team full of guards.

The FO is crap, but they have their hands tied with a nut job of a coach. FIRE HIM.

This defense is worse than last season and that is saying something.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:42 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Spurs announcers keep calling him Jeff Hardaway and it?s hilarious because not only has he been in the league for a decade, he?s not even the first Tim
Old 10-25-2023, 09:45 PM   #36
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Where the hell is Seth Curry? And put Lively back out there.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:49 PM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Slim Luka is still in Serbia.

Pudgy Luka is here to stay.
Yep. White Harden

Old 10-25-2023, 09:50 PM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Where the hell is Seth Curry? And put Lively back out there.
Curry and Holmes heslthy?

Old 10-25-2023, 09:53 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I can?t do this. I watched all 82 games last year and this is the same thing. I can?t do it.

Luka is broken. Mavs need to man up and admit that Lukas not Injured? he?s unhappy. He hobbles on defense. He runs through the motion and jacks shots on offense. If it goes wrong he faked an injury or he complains.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:56 PM   #40
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Already a dumpster fire in here