Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-09-2023, 05:56 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Maxi hasn't been good since the 2022 playoffs. We can't keep playing a guy that doesn't score a FG multiple games whilst no longer defending. I know we don't have a choice, but that just means we have to make a move to get a 4/5.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2023, 06:35 PM   #42
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

We can make an offer for PJ Washington starting the 27th
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 06:55 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Holmes is unplayable, How so? He had 2 offensive rebounds ,1 defensive an assist and a bucket in 7 mins. We played well when he was on the floor. If thats proof of unplayable, i dont want to even know where the playable bar is.

Honest question is, how could anyone justify pulling him and settle on a super long stretch of Maxi fn Kleber and polishing this turd off with DP? Im not asking for Holmes to be over exposed with heavy minutea vs any team in every situation but this was exactly more of the same boneheaded sht we have seen.

I would agree we need a back up to Lively, but THATS not even worth pursuing unless DP, Maxi (thj?) have been taken out of the toybox completely or Kidd will play with them.
His man was 5-5 for 100% shooting against him. When he hit the floor the Raptors licked their lips. It just so happened that during his time on the floor we hit a couple of threes in so he was +1, but he was abused defensively.

You could say that Kleber and Powell were too, and you'd be right. Raptors wanted to get into the paint and our bigs let them. Holmes was just terrible on his man and provided no help defense which is why he was unplayable, but you are right-- he wasn't worse than Kleber. They were both awful.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-09-2023 at 06:59 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 08:27 PM   #44
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
His man was 5-5 for 100% shooting against him. When he hit the floor the Raptors licked their lips. It just so happened that during his time on the floor we hit a couple of threes in so he was +1, but he was abused defensively.

You could say that Kleber and Powell were too, and you'd be right. Raptors wanted to get into the paint and our bigs let them. Holmes was just terrible on his man and provided no help defense which is why he was unplayable, but you are right-- he wasn't worse than Kleber. They were both awful.
5-5 shooting against him? That definitely didn't happen. Siakam had a back down spin move 1st qrtr and then a diving and1 layup that went in 2nd qrt. I just rewatched all 7 mins of his again. He didnt get abused. Reading all of that makes it seem like JJ Barea was trying to guard Giannis for 7 mins straight lol.

On the other hand, yes I absolutely am saying that Kleber and DP were awful. Id rather watch Holmes log mins and im not even sure what he is now days. Only thing im certain of is i dont want to watch DP, Maxi or Kidd as a Mav anymore. ThJ is in the way of Hardy now too so package those 4 for a bag of saltines.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-09-2023 at 08:28 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 11:53 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
5-5 shooting against him? That definitely didn't happen. Siakam had a back down spin move 1st qrtr and then a diving and1 layup that went in 2nd qrt. I just rewatched all 7 mins of his again. He didnt get abused. Reading all of that makes it seem like JJ Barea was trying to guard Giannis for 7 mins straight lol.

On the other hand, yes I absolutely am saying that Kleber and DP were awful. Id rather watch Holmes log mins and im not even sure what he is now days. Only thing im certain of is i dont want to watch DP, Maxi or Kidd as a Mav anymore. ThJ is in the way of Hardy now too so package those 4 for a bag of saltines.
Well why did the FO sign Powell to a multi-year contract just for the coach to trash him 8 games into the season? Again, what the FO wants and what Kidd wants aren't the same thing.

That goes for Holmes too. We took on his contract to get Omax. Both are ghosts on this team.

A report said Luka wanted a veteran center this summer. So the miscommunication is all around.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 09:04 AM   #46
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

We went into the offseason purportedly with our best player wanting to get a true starting level center.
We got a backup in Richard Holms(sp)
The Mavs are 23rd in defensive rating and 28th in defensive rebound percentage.
I think all of our victories this season have been come from behind wins.
This team, as presently constructed, is a 8,9,10 seed...
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:35 PM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well why did the FO sign Powell to a multi-year contract just for the coach to trash him 8 games into the season? Again, what the FO wants and what Kidd wants aren't the same thing.

That goes for Holmes too. We took on his contract to get Omax. Both are ghosts on this team.

A report said Luka wanted a veteran center this summer. So the miscommunication is all around.
Because Cuban is delusional, and Kidd is not a good coach. He may end up being a good coach. Its unlikely, but I guess theres a chance.

I understand waiting on Omax a bit to develop IF they are actively developing him. Kleber and DP are what they are and at best theyre 3rd stringers and 2nd stringers in an injury situation.

Holmes is not the answer but the best way end up with another disgruntled player is to tease him with a fresh new start and then glue his ass to the bench to watch fn DP and Kleber diarrhea all over the court.

Old 11-10-2023, 02:07 PM   #48
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Like to thnk the way Lively is playing that Luka may have changed his opinion. Mavs need a PF most. GW is not a full time PF and neither is DJJ. They are more combo types.

With Green's extension and OMAX being a rookie 1st round pick they are under control for a while at a reasonable price. Toronto has Siakum, OG, Achiuwa at PF. All can be FA's this summer though Achiuwa is RFA. Toronto seems to want a lot for OG but I'd offer both Green and OMAX in deal to get him. Don't know how the Mavs go more withput dipping into their limited picks of the future. Not sure I'd that but besides OMAX and Green, you would hve to send some salary matching player. Trent is also FA so Green could potentially slot in as their starting SG with Barnes moving to the front court more at SF. OG is going to get a big payday if he makes it thru year healthy.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 03:35 PM   #49
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kleber and DP are what they are and at best theyre 3rd stringers and 2nd stringers in an injury situation.

Holmes is not the answer but the best way end up with another disgruntled player is to tease him with a fresh new start and then glue his ass to the bench to watch fn DP and Kleber diarrhea all over the court.
I agree.

While Holmes isn't the answer, we don't really know what his potential contribution could be to this team. I can't believe he would be any less helpful than DP or MK but then again, we don't really know. I suspect he can make a contribution if he gets a consistent 10-15 minutes/game, but again if you don't give him some playing time then you never really know. I believe he can be a more physical presence than either Powell or Kleber and with a little coaching, he could be a deterrent to opponents in the paint. Again, we just don't know and given the other options for a back-up 5, I think you gotta try it for a few games and see what happens. Or find yourself a trade for someone better than Powell, Kleber, or Holmes.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #50
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree.

While Holmes isn't the answer, we don't really know what his potential contribution could be to this team. I can't believe he would be any less helpful than DP or MK but then again, we don't really know. I suspect he can make a contribution if he gets a consistent 10-15 minutes/game, but again if you don't give him some playing time then you never really know. I believe he can be a more physical presence than either Powell or Kleber and with a little coaching, he could be a deterrent to opponents in the paint. Again, we just don't know and given the other options for a back-up 5, I think you gotta try it for a few games and see what happens. Or find yourself a trade for someone better than Powell, Kleber, or Holmes.
Yea, well if we are relying on Kidd coaching anyone up its a toss up. Rumors are he coached up Giannis, but the more I see him in action, the more i believe that was 95% Giannis and his work ethic.

The value i see in Holmes is mostly a bigger version of THJ. I dont expect him to be a paint protector or lockdown defender, but he cam grab some boards and play the pnr offense well. Hes better offensively than MK and DP so i dont see why he cant help keep things flowing off thr bench