Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-23-2006, 02:01 AM   #41
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

As a former teacher and an expert on learning I don't really see the connection with not being able to read and intelligence. Quite often people with learning disabilities are very bright but get frustrated and start tuning out. Not being able to read could be caused by many factors that have nothing to do with a person being bright or not.

I personally wouldn't want the Mavs to draft ANY Texas player except Aldridge who they certainly won't have access to. As for the 5 rookies (even though they really aren't) you are refering to 4 of them are projects filling out the final roster spots. They've got no bearing on the Mavs drafting a young talented guy in this draft that is ready to play. With the exception of Harris the Mavs would probably trade them all for a top 10 player in this draft and be damned happy about it. If they picked the right guy they'd improve their team dramatically in the process. What I am saying is that if the Mavs sign a couple of impact free agents or draft well then guys like DJ, Rawle, Powell or even Pavel become immediately expendable. If they needed to Dallas would just let them go to clear the roster space.

Last edited by GP; 06-23-2006 at 02:03 AM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #42
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Do the suns really need this Spanish kid? Is it me or does he not sound a whole lot like Barbosa?

Lowry was always a player over at 'Nova. I'd be thrilled to have him here. Ray and Foye seemed to get a lot of the glory, but I thought Lowry was just as deserving of the credit at times.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:24 PM   #43
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

strong slasher or offensive post player or real pg.

please please please. no more defensive type bigmen or bigs that shoot 3's.

Last edited by scorched03; 06-23-2006 at 10:25 PM.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #44
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Well if Harris wasnt soooo dumb he would be developed by now...but ths another story...wht bout tht other late pik tht we got in the 2nd rnd....any chance tht Hassan Adama falls tht low

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #45
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Injury hampers Adams' NBA workouts
Staff and wire reports
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 06.24.2006

The busy pre-draft schedule of former UA wing Hassan Adams came to an abrupt halt Wednesday when he aggravated a foot stress fracture during a workout with the New Jersey Nets.
P.J. Tucker, a former Texas standout, stepped on Adams' foot, which he originally injured on May 30 in Chicago, according to Adams' agent, New York-based David Lee.
Lee said the injury will sideline Adams for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, and would not scare off NBA teams from drafting him.
But Lee added the injury will force Adams to cancel five final workouts — with Dallas, Houston, the Lakers, Boston and Memphis. Adams did go to Los Angeles to interview with the Lakers on Friday.
"I'm not happy he's missing five workouts," Lee said.
Adams already has worked out for Utah, Sacramento, Phoenix, Minnesota, New Orleans, Cleveland, Chicago, Indiana, Portland, Seattle and New Jersey. He is projected to be taken in the second round of Wednesday's NBA draft.
— Bruce Pascoe
http://www.azstarnet.com/sports/135054

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #46
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is scheduled for a workout in Dallas (along with a billion other guys I suppose)

Yotam Halperin
Birthdate: 1/24/84
NBA Position: Point Guard
Ht: 6-4
Wt: 185
Hometown: Ra'anana, Israel
Current Team: KK Union Olimpija
Euroleague Profile

Strengths: Awesome shooter, has a quick release and a beautiful stroke, with tremendous range … Incredibly smooth, very skilled … Good ball handling, nice court vision, not a last resort PG … Clutch player, has ice in his veins… On the junior levels you just knew that the final shots will go him, a go to guy from head to toe … Has excellent size for a PG ... Always competing against older players, had a great U-18 Euro Championship as a 16 year old … Has excellent anticipation for steals … Israel's golden boy, play's non stop for several years in all national teams, from the cadets to the senior team… Deadly from the FT stripe …

Weaknesses: One-on-one defense has room to improve … Doesn't stand out when it comes to athleticism, not weak but not brilliant either, just average … insisted on staying in his home team Maccabi Tel-Aviv but was benched for a good part of 3 years playing behind the top PG in Europe (during that time) Jasikevicius … A quiet guy, you'll never see him demanding the ball … Despite a good season in Olimpija Ljublijana individually, the team had a horrible season, questioned leadership at the senior level ...

Notes: the top scorer of the U-22 World Championship with 23.5 PPG. Led Israel to the European U-21 silver averaging 22.1 PPG

-Samy Zelikson 4/30/06

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
http://www.draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2006

I like the two foreign players that they have Dallas drafting. Dallas needs a combo forward, or a combo guard.

One player I am really intrigues about is that Souza kid. I wish he could fall to them. Another interesting name is Damir Markota.
Know anything more about Damir Markota? I've liked what I've read about him. I still think we need a big(as in tall) 3-point shooter on the team.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-24-2006 at 11:01 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #48
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Only what I've read about him on certain draft sites.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=151

http://www.hoopshype.com/draft/damir_omerhodzic.htm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/draft/prospects/529

http://www.euroleague.net/noticia.js...rnada=7&id=945

I imagine there's more I just have to continue seraching.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #49
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/damirmarkota.asp

Here's another one Dude.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #50
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I've been perusing the draft sites lately to get a feel for some of these players. What I am really dismayed by is that every player seems to be a stud athlete with a great vertical, great shooting touch, great this or great that. Well, we all know that only a few kids from this draft will make an impact and only a few more will be solid contributors. Everybody else will suck. I was looking at White and he was listed at 6'7 1/2. Of course that is with shoes ON. That means he really is only between 6'5" and 6'6". That means he is a guard and not a small forward. I just don't know what to believe when I read these writeups.

As weak as this draft supposedly is I wouldn't be crushed if the Mavs just skipped out altogether if they can't get the player they really want. I am hoping that they can draft a kid that can come in and contribute right away as a guard or small forward. I really hope that the Mavs can get one of those fearless types who is willing to dunk the ball in traffic over anybody. I really don't care for the three point shooting that so many people think is essential. If a guard can knock down that 18 footer consistently and be able to slash then I'd be happy. That is if they can play tough defense. I am beginning to think a guy like Tucker might be a guy the Mavs need to seriously consider. What do you guys think?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #51
jhoistheman

jhoistheman is on a distinguished road

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/mockdraf....8vLYF?round=1

Latest mock draft from Draft Express, has the Mavericks selecting Jordan Farmar from UCLA over Kyle Lowry of Villanova. I'd love either player, but I prefer Lowry to Farmar because of his gritty style of defense and his above average rebounding ability for a point guard.
jhoistheman is offline   Reply With Quote