Old 08-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
zanahale

zanahale is on a distinguished road
Default Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

Aug 5, 7:18 PM EDT

Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

By CHRIS SHERIDAN
AP Basketball Writer

BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro (AP) -- Peja Stojakovic wants out of Sacramento.

Stojakovic said Thursday he told Kings general manager Geoff Petrie he wants to be traded from the only NBA team he has played for.

"I think the change would be good for the team and for myself," Stojakovic told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "That's the only explanation you're going to get from me."

Petrie did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Stojakovic, a three-time All-Star and the NBA's second-leading scorer last season, has been with the Kings since entering the league in 1998. He was upset that the Kings lost countryman Vlade Divac to the Los Angeles Lakers as a free agent and feels it's time to move on.

The Kings were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs last season, losing in seven games to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"You could see this year, late in the year, we didn't have good chemistry and didn't play good basketball," Stojakovic said. "I just think that the team had their chances, and opportunities are closing, and the team needs new players.

"I'm probably one of the easiest players to trade, and I'm willing to go."

Stojakovic, one of the game's best pure shooters, has two years remaining on his contract plus an option for a third year. He has been one of the most popular players in Kings history, with such a loyal following in his home country that the Kings are easily the most popular NBA team in Serbia-Montenegro.

Stojakovic was in Belgrade on Thursday for a promotional appearance ahead of his country's exhibition game Friday against the U.S. Olympic basketball team. He is not playing for his nation this summer.

His trade request was unexpected.

"I just think it would be good for them and myself. Sacramento is great, but I think I need a change," Stojakovic said.

He said he doesn't have a preference about where he's dealt, adding that he had been thinking about asking for a trade all summer.

Stojakovic isn't sure what he would do if the Kings don't move him.

"You would rather have somebody (who is) happy. He (Petrie) can get something good in return for me," said Stojakovic, who averaged 24.2 points and 6.3 rebounds last season.

Sacramento went to the Western Conference finals in 2002, but has been knocked out in the second round each of the past two years. The Kings floundered late last season following Chris Webber's return from knee surgery, losing six of their final nine regular-season games.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
zanahale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

I'm sure Indiana would love to have him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Indiana, Houston, San Antonio, ....a lot of teams will be interested in Peja's services. It should be entertaining to watch how this all unfolds with the King's organization.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Peja for Paul Pierce?

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas trades: SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -22.5 ppg, -9.1 rpg, and -5.5 apg.

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Sacramento receives: SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
Change in team outlook: +22.5 ppg, +9.1 rpg, and +5.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Dallas adds 3M and the #1 pick.

Terry(28)/Harris(14)
Daniels(30)/Stef(8)
Peja(30)/Fin(10/2 and 18/3)
Nowitzki(38)/Najera(8)
Bradley(20)/Booth(18)/Benga(10/5 and 2/4)

AJ to coach defense.

IR: Pavel

The rest either buy out or keep the expiring contracts and save money, doesn't matter.

Be looking to move the expiring contracts for a backup PF and of course, a better Center.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #6
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Peja for Paul Pierce and booty!!! If players like Boozer, Foyle, and Etan Thomas are in demand imagine what a terrific player like Peja would net.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:59 PM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

if he goes to Boston, the Bird comparisons would blow up even more.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:00 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

Here we go again.

Peja - great player, great contract, no insane off the court issues. I wonder how high the bidding will get?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #9
endtroducing
Golden Member

I was looking over salaries for players that could be considered fair value for Peja...unless they get someone straight up for him, he'll be hard to trade...Sacramento doesn't really have the salaries to bring in someone big without giving up two of their great players.

The only solution I saw was Artest, and that's a stretch. That deal would actually work straight-up.

Kings:
PG - Bibby
SG - Artest (or Christie)
SF - Christie (or Artest)
PF - Webber
C - Miller

That's a pretty great team...Artest and Christie would give them some crazy defensive presence, and they can score, too.

Pacers:
PG - Tinsley/Brewer?
SG - Miller/Jones
SF - Peja
PF - O'Neal
C - Foster/Pollard

I tried to fit BJax into the deal with SAC getting Tinsley, since BJax wants to start, etc, but salaries didn't match.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #10
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Peja for Rashard Lewis works. Peja is a guy coming off of a career year yet he is 30. Rashard Lewis once was a hot item in the NBA, 17 points and 7 rebounds. Isn't that what peja was a year ago.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:15 PM   #11
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Peja is 27.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:20 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, nothing like this would ever happen, but this simple trade would actually make a lot of sense for both teams...

Dallas trades:
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
Dallas receives:
PF Peja Stojakovic (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -14.5 ppg, -10.3 rpg, and -3.4 apg.

Sacramento trades:
PF Peja Stojakovic (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
Sacramento receives:
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 48 games)
Change in team outlook: +14.5 ppg, +10.3 rpg, and +3.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Sacramento being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Sacramento had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Old 08-05-2004, 07:38 PM   #13
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

This would probably be good for both teams:

Sacramento trades: PG Bobby Jackson (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
SF Peja Stojakovic (13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.7 minutes)
SG Doug Christie (10.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 33.9 minutes)
Sacramento receives: SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 73 games)
PF Donyell Marshall (14.7 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 82 games)

I tried to work us into it, getting VC, but I can't see doing it without giving Josh Howard, the #1 and taking on more crap from Toronto, though I did move TAW in the deal.

Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall/SF Vince Carter/PG Alvin Williams
Toronto receives: PF Christian Laettner/PF Tariq Abdul-Wahad/SF Peja Stojakovic /PG Bobby Jackson

Dallas trades: PF Christian Laettner/PF Tariq Abdul-Wahad/SF Josh Howard/SF Jerry Stackhouse
Dallas receives: SF Vince Carter/PG Alvin Williams

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic/PG Bobby Jackson
Sacramento receives: PF Donyell Marshall/SF Josh Howard/SF Jerry Stackhouse/Philly #1

Stressboy

Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 PM   #14
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Good for him. Why would he want to play with that crybaby Chris "I need to be more selfish" Webber.

If Indiana could land him for Ron Artest, the balance of power in the NBA will have officially shifted to the East.

If Dallas could land him for Stackhouse and Howard, I would have a heart attack.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:01 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Let's stop all the Dallas-Sacramento trade threads. NO TRADE is going to happen between them. I bet anyone that Sacramento will not trade with Denver, Utah, or Dallas.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman
Good for him. Why would he want to play with that crybaby Chris "I need to be more selfish" Webber.

If Indiana could land him for Ron Artest, the balance of power in the NBA will have officially shifted to the East.

If Dallas could land him for Stackhouse and Howard, I would have a heart attack.
You have to believe it would take considerably more than that to land Peja.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #17
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want Peja on the Mavs. He may be the "best regular season shooter" in the NBA. But he is absolutely horrendous in the playoffs. And people whine about Dirk being one dimensional, Peja is a whole lot worse. He can shoot. Very well. But he doesn't pass well. He doesn't rebound well. He ddoesn't get block shots. He gets some steals.

The Mavs do not need a sweet shooting small forward that brings nothing else.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:22 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

he's 6'10", he's a small Forward, he plays defense, he gets steals, he drives to the hole and he is so good at moving without the ball that even Harris could get a half dozen assists on him alone.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #19
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
I don't want Peja on the Mavs. He may be the "best regular season shooter" in the NBA. But he is absolutely horrendous in the playoffs. And people whine about Dirk being one dimensional, Peja is a whole lot worse. He can shoot. Very well. But he doesn't pass well. He doesn't rebound well. He ddoesn't get block shots. He gets some steals.

This is the type of post that makes me wonder why I bother coming here.

You don't want Peja Freaking Stojakovic on the Mavs? Who the hell do you want then? Who do you want as your small forward? Lets see...right now you have Michael Finley. Does anyone in their right mind want Michael Finley over Peja?

Am I missing something here?

Finley takes 16.1 shots to get....18.6 points. And he will grab you a cool 4.5 rebounds.

Oh....in the playoffs he will net 13 and 3.

Peja takes 17.1 shots to get....24.2 points. And he will grab you a cool 6.2 rebounds.

Oh...yeah, he wasn't great in the playoffs this year, but he did get 18 points and 7 rebounds, way better than Finley, and was hampered by Chris "I am starting to be more selfish early" Webber.

And lets not forget games 1 and 5 versus...um...the Mavs...when he scorched us.

You don't want Peja Stojakovic to play small forward for your team?

Ummmm...who the hell do you want then?

Old 08-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'd take him for Stack. Like Bayliss said he doesn't show up in the playoffs and with that being said he's useless to us.If Mavs got Peja in here they'd be averaging 110 a game. They'd also probaly give up 109.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #21
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I want a player that can defend well. (Peja doesn't do that.)

I want a player that can pass the ball. (Peja doesn't do that.)

I want a player that is tough. (Peja is not that.)

I want a player that comes to play in the playoffs. (Peja has never done that.)

Peja is a good shooter. Ho-hum. What else does he do that is good? Nothing. Does Dallas really need a player that can shoot but can't do anything else? I say [b/no[/b]. Because the Mavs need multi-faceted "role" players to surround Dirk. And right now, that is exactly what the Mavs have. They just need time to mesh together. And force Dirk to be the "man."
Old 08-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #22
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i'd think that artest for peja straight up deal is most likely to happen since the kings are trading him to the eastern conference

bird has been looking to move artest and peja is the shooter they need to complement j o'neal
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:54 PM   #23
Hitman
Golden Member

I want a player that can defend well. (Peja doesn't do that.) Ummmm...you better tell Dirk Nowitzki that, because Dirk is one of the best players in the world and Peja gives him migraines. To say that Peja doesn't play defense is to buy into the propaganda of the "Non defense playing Euro."

Peja plays defense. Plenty of it.

I want a player that can pass the ball. (Peja doesn't do that.) No, he is not a great passer. 2.1 assist a game to Finley's 2.9. But when you are the best shooter in the world, why pass it? Dirk is not a great passer either, and he has good reason to keep the ball just like Peja does. Neither one of them shoots enough. 17.1 shots per game for Peja means that he should average 1.1 assist per game and take another shot. Or two.

I want a player that is tough. (Peja is not that.) How? What tells you that he is not tough? Is Michael Finley tough? Because he is the Mavericks small forward. And Peja torches him. Was he tough when he knocked the ball out of Michael Finley's hands in game 2 of the playoffs, while Finley prepared for his patented and predictable one on one move.

Is he not tough because he comes from the "suburbs"?

Oh wait.

He comes from Serbia, a place where Allen Iverson and his concealed pistol want absolutely no part of.

I want a player that comes to play in the playoffs. (Peja has never done that.) Ok. This year he averaged 17 points and 7 rebounds a game, which was way below his season average.

And which Maverick small forward was better? He was not great in the playoffs this year, in large part to Chris Webber coming back and dominating the offense, an offense that was better set revolving around Peja. He was not GREAT, but...which small forward on the Mavs was better.

What small forward in the world is better? I mean...how many can you name?

Peja is a good shooter. Ho-hum. He is the best shooter in the world, actually. And an improvement over ANYTHING the Mavericks have at small forward.

Actually, an improvement over what ANYBODY has at small forward, for the most part.

The point is moot. The Mavericks aren't getting Peja Stojakovic, because Peja, as one of the 3 candidates for MVP of the freaking leauge, is worth more than the Mavs can afford (and the Maloffs wouldn't send him to Dallas anyway.)

But to make statements like "I dont' want Peja anyway"...

Unless they are made for partisan reasons....

Reflect a low level of knowledge of this game that Naismith invented

EVERY team could use a Peja. The guy took 3 less shots than Vince Carter, yet averaged 2 more points.

You don't want Peja? Then who the hell do you want?

Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #24
Hitman
Golden Member

Old 08-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #25
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

How can we ship Finely to the kings for Peja and some bad contract that Sac wants to dump. Just wishful thinking well we can only dream.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #26
Hitman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
How can we ship Finely to the kings for Peja and some bad contract that Sac wants to dump. Just wishful thinking well we can only dream.
No you forgot we don't want Peja because he sucks.

You should have checked the other posts...you obviously didn't read that he sucks.

Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #27
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I too want someone who defends like Artest, and a clutch player like Kobe but so does everybody else. I will take Peja over anyone on the mavericks except Dirk.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #28
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
No you forgot we don't want Peja because he sucks.

You should have checked the other posts...you obviously didn't read that he sucks.

Who said Peja sucks?

1996-2005
Old 08-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss

This is the type of post that makes me wonder why I bother coming here.

You don't want Peja Freaking Stojakovic on the Mavs? Who the hell do you want then? Who do you want as your small forward? Lets see...right now you have Michael Finley. Does anyone in their right mind want Michael Finley over Peja?

Am I missing something here?

Finley takes 16.1 shots to get....18.6 points. And he will grab you a cool 4.5 rebounds.

Oh....in the playoffs he will net 13 and 3.

Peja takes 17.1 shots to get....24.2 points. And he will grab you a cool 6.2 rebounds.

Oh...yeah, he wasn't great in the playoffs this year, but he did get 18 points and 7 rebounds, way better than Finley, and was hampered by Chris "I am starting to be more selfish early" Webber.

And lets not forget games 1 and 5 versus...um...the Mavs...when he scorched us.

You don't want Peja Stojakovic to play small forward for your team?

BTW, why are you comparing 6'10 Peja Stojakovic to 6'7 shooting guard Michael Finley? I'm glad to see Peja averaged 5 more points than Finley. He should've because for the majority of the season he was the Kings offensive weapon. He was the Kings Dirk Nowitzki. Finley was at times the number 2-4 offensive option.

1996-2005
Old 08-05-2004, 11:18 PM   #30
Bayliss

You do realize that he averages .03 more steals as Dirk. And he averages a whopping .1 blocks for his career. He may give Dirk some trouble. But he is not a good defensive 3.

(And saying he will be the Mavs sf is not true. The lineup will be PG-Terry SG-Daniels SF-Finley/Howard PF-Peja C-Dirk. That is the lineup that Nelson will trot at the end of every game. And that lineup defensively is marginal at best. Having Peja here makes Dirk our center. Because Nellie has to go with "the best 5." And as a power forward. Peja is even worse then all the categories I complained about him as a "3.")
Old 08-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #31
endtroducing
Golden Member

um...since when was Peja 6'10? no way that guy is a LEGIT 6'10. he's 6'8.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:56 PM   #32
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Peja is 6'9,always was,always will be.

Quote:
BTW, why are you comparing 6'10 Peja Stojakovic to 6'7 shooting guard Michael Finley? I'm glad to see Peja averaged 5 more points than Finley. He should've because for the majority of the season he was the Kings offensive weapon. He was the Kings Dirk Nowitzki. Finley was at times the number 2-4 offensive option
Finley shot 16.1 shots a game,Peja shot 17.1 shots a game,the reason he made 5.6 points a game more is because he went more to the line and his percantages were way way better than mikes.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:56 PM   #33
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
um...since when was Peja 6'10? no way that guy is a LEGIT 6'10. he's 6'8.
He's listed 6'10. Not sure if it's legit or not but i'd say that Chris Webber has about an inch on him if that.

1996-2005
Old 08-06-2004, 12:20 AM   #34
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
He's listed 6'10. Not sure if it's legit or not but i'd say that Chris Webber has about an inch on him if that.
Wasn't it speculated that Webber is really 6'9 himself???

Anyways, i agree with FilthyFin on this one, he can't offer something that we don't already have enough of. I wish him well, i wonder if the next team he'll play for accept his arrogant habits.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:56 AM   #35
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Webber looks pretty legit to me but who knows. From what I hear most of the players in this league lie about their heights anyway to intimidate the other opponents. Atleast that's according to Shaq. Peja's a great player. Don't get me wrong but I mean the Mavs have got to get out of this habit of trying to outscore their opponents. How do you break that? By starting to get more defensive minded players. One of the game's best pure shooters is not going to get us any closer to the championship than we already are. If you want to break scoring titles that's fine. But I want a bigger title here in Dallas and I think I speak for most Mavs fans.

1996-2005
Old 08-06-2004, 01:12 AM   #36
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I agree, that's why i wasn't a huge fan of getting TMac when he was available. I'm sure there are a lot of scorers they could've gone after this offseason and didn't, so Peja isn't any exception.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 08-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #37
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Were it not for Webber's untimely return Peja might've been MVP of the league last year.

You have to be smoking crack to turn your thumb down on Peja Stojakovic.

Criticizing him is like saying you wouldn't eff Charlize Theron because she's got a funny accent.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:35 AM   #38
Nash13
Diamond Member

V, listen to what you just said. One player didn't win the MVP because of another person?

Nobody is denying that Peja is good, but there's no point in going after him. That's like going after Webber even though we got Dirk.

Quote:
Criticizing him is like saying you wouldn't eff Charlize Theron because she's got a funny accent.
I didn't know she had an accent.

~The Salesman
Old 08-06-2004, 07:06 AM   #39
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
V, listen to what you just said. One player didn't win the MVP because of another person?

Nobody is denying that Peja is good, but there's no point in going after him. That's like going after Webber even though we got Dirk.

Quote:
I didn't know she had an accent.
It's subtle. She's from South Africa.

If Webber were healthy he would be a perfect fit next to Dirk.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:19 AM   #40
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

It's obviously a moot point as someone pointed out, Maloofs will never trade him to Dallas.

But just for argument sake, Peja (as a combo of both his talent & contract) is easily the best SF in the league that money can buy.
If we can find a way to get him here without trading Dirk, we should do it.

Given Sacramento's roster, they probably wouldn't want Terry, Harris or any of our centers. So, along with some expiring contracts, a future #1, some cash considerations, they can pick any two of the four swingmen: Stack, Fin, Daniels & JHo. I'd do that in a NY minute!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote