Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 AM   #361
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I don't know what we're going to do this offseason, but I really hope Cuban doesn't toatally change the team. I want some changes, but I hope he doesn't completley knee jerk and blow up the core.
If we lose this series, I am all for a major overhaul, even replacing one of the "big threes". We have all the pieces we need and still can't beat the Warriors of all teams.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2007, 03:17 AM   #362
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

It's official! This is the most depressing moment that I have ever felt in my life.. f**k...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:19 AM   #363
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

If we lose this series, well never hear the end of it from Spurts and Warriors fans. I still believe that we can pull a three game comeback. Who's with me? It aint over till its over. Cmon you guys!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 AM   #364
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Even Dirk thinks it's over.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:26 AM   #365
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I dont believe this... and I refuse to. Period!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:28 AM   #366
Allie

Allie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°

yeah, what does that tell you about him? quitter!

Hopefully the other guys have a stonger mindset than Dirk right now.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 AM   #367
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

we still have to see how GS deals with pressure (since they now have to be considered favorites). Im pretty sure the mavs will win at home - but can they win at oaktand with avery refusing to play our centers for more than 3 quarters a game? I dont really know. avery needs to stop taking so many timeouts early on - this is the playoffs, not regular season.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:09 AM   #368
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit...in everything but the W and shooting percentage dirk had a fine game, not good enough for sure but not in the dumpster. Avery is just going to have to find a way to get him more decent shots.

9-19 fgs Not good enough
15 rebounds, 6 offensive. -- Just what you want a guy to do when he's not scoring.
4 steals, 3 assists, 1 block..

I still can't believe josh only took one shot in the second half.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:43 AM   #369
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

We clearly don't have enough depth offensively. We have A total of four guys remotely capable of creating their own shot. Buck is an overrated defender and his inability to do ANYTHING offensively pisses me off to no end. George is great on one end of the floor but is incapable of knocking down open looks offensively most of the time.

Also, will somebody go back and explain to me why on every single possession in the fourth quarter (literally, not exaggerating), the shot clock wound down on us?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 AM   #370
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna say season over, but just can' bring myself to say it. Or did I?
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #371
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, losing this series is a fireable offense for Avery.

Josh has one shot in the second half. Dirk doesn't take enough shots. You put all your eggs in the Stackhouse basket, even though we KNOW what he does when the game is on the line in the playoffs.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to slow the ball down and dribble away time trying to milk that lead home, then you run the offense through DIRK EVERY EFFING POSSESSION!!!!

As I said on mavsmoneyball, this hurts just as much as the Finals loss, because if they go ahead and lose this series, this team as we know it is done. You simply can't bring this team back after the last two meltdowns.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #372
rokbloom

rokbloom is on a distinguished road

This sucks.
rokbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #373
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
It's official! This is the most depressing moment that I have ever felt in my life.. f**k...
Thought so, too.... but then reminded myself of what happened in 06...

We are definately capable of beating GS 3 games in a row, but right now I just can't convince myself we will. The Warriors guards are just giving us way too many problems.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #374
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Check out that Avery playoff record: barely over .500, and this series will make 2 monumental collapses.

Just food for thought: Is it possible the players aren't the chokers, but the coach is?
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 AM   #375
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

Hey if Miami can do it, we definitely can. We need our start to wake up like theirs did.

That would be so hot if we did what was done to us last year.

Last edited by MeganLuvsMavs; 04-30-2007 at 08:45 AM.
MeganLuvsMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 AM   #376
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd
Check out that Avery playoff record: barely over .500, and this series will make 2 monumental collapses.

Just food for thought: Is it possible the players aren't the chokers, but the coach is?
Bingo!!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #377
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I do think we can quit hoping. That GSW-defense is to strong and the are very skilled in fastbreaking. I watched the game starting at 4:30 am in germany, overslept the 3rd quarter and couldn´t and still can´t believe what was going on. 4 cons. wins against GSW is not possible. We must recognize, the sacked us and that´s the end.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #378
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

we need 3 wins...fuzzy math is a killer.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #379
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I have been sick (really, doc gave me some bad stuff) can't keep my head up for more than to minutes, come to the board and my gosh 100 new threads. I have to go back to bed now, got to get feeling better by tomorrow night. Go Mavs!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote