Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #41
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
It's not surprise that he and Haywood had by far the best +/- ratings when with the Wizards this year. Those small things matter. He does take some bad shots though but that is my only complaint.
I would like to complain about Caron's kneepad things. They are ugly.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think his inability to handle Josh PALED in comparison to his inability to handle Dirk.
I think he permanently ruined Josh (not that Josh didn't also have his own inherent shortcomings). Dirk is obviously fine nowadays. That's why I put his handling of Josh higher.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #43
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think he permanently ruined Josh (not that Josh didn't also have his own inherent shortcomings). Dirk is obviously fine nowadays. That's why I put his handling of Josh higher.

NAh, I'm purty sure massive pot smoking, ill timed partying, and just flat out not having a clue ruined Josh. I don't lay that one at Averys feet.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #44
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Epic trade.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #45
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you can say what you want about avery (and everyone already has...how it is even brought up in this thread makes no sense to me, but okay), but he forced dirk to learn to do something besides shoot the basketball. any inside game dirk has has its roots in avery's influence.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
NAh, I'm purty sure massive pot smoking, ill timed partying, and just flat out not having a clue ruined Josh. I don't lay that one at Averys feet.
Josh did all those things before Avery got to him, and he was a much more effective player.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #47
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the best record of all "rookie coaches" he still doesnt have a job as coach and there was plenty of teams changing coaches.

And no, i dont believe he likes TNT/ESPN more than coaching (i not even know where he is because i always mute and do something else)...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
you can say what you want about avery (and everyone already has...how it is even brought up in this thread makes no sense to me, but okay), but he forced dirk to learn to do something besides shoot the basketball. any inside game dirk has has its roots in avery's influence.
I could not possibly disagree with this more.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Josh did all those things before Avery got to him, and he was a much more effective player.

He was hungry and he wanted to establish himself as a legit player in this league. Once he achieved that he was on the gravy train. Perhaps he didn't feel the need to work harder to keep it up or improve. Besides, I'm not sure that he had a reputation for throwing big parties during a key run in the playoffs or announcing that he smokes pot during the offseason before Avery.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #50
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

windmill seems to be the only poster in this thread who has a clue...all it takes for this board is a loss and this fluff goes away..
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #51
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I could not possibly disagree with this more.
No kidding. Dirk has always made more of an effort than any basketball player in the NBA today to add more facets to his game in the off-season. Holger and Dirk and, in someways, Nellie made Dirk. Not Avery. Not in any way.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #52
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
"I didn't like the way we played," said Carlisle. "I didn't think our players would disagree with that. We played a sloppy game. Our ball movement wasn't crisp, we settled for shots that weren't the best shots. Defensively, we had too many breakdowns. We're going to have to get better from this. Obviously, we have to play better Wednesday. You like getting a win. I just didn't like the way we played overall. It wasn't the same kind of basketball we played over the last three games."

Read more: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Blogs/Cour...#ixzz0gKlBoThJ

I imagine he's chuckling and holding back his laugh while saying this.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #53
fluid.forty.one

From the NBA recap:

"The Mavericks surrendered at least 100 points in eight straight games before the All-Star break, including a 120.3 average over the last three games of that 3-5 stretch."

The crazy all-star weekend and trade excitement made me completely forget about this until I read it. How ugly.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #54
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
windmill seems to be the only poster in this thread who has a clue...all it takes for this board is a loss and this fluff goes away..
You didn't seem to get it, though, when you posted "loss." before the game.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #55
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
F' that! That stupid little man disgraced the organization and its greatest player when he stood up to take credit for Dirk's MVP, when in fact he should have been thanking Dirk for winning him his COY. Avery will get no credit from me for his handling of Dirk. Dirk's talent. Dirk's hard work. Dirk's irrepressible love of the game. Those things, not Avery's squealing and self-important puffery, have been the foundations of Dirk's success.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-23-2010 at 12:32 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #56
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
F' that! That stupid little man disgraced the organization and its greatest player when he stood up to take credit for Dirk's MVP, when in fact he should have been thanking Dirk for winning him his COY. Avery will get no credit from me for his handling of Dirk. Dirk's talent. Dirk's hard work. Dirk's irrepressible love of the game. Those things, not Avery's squealing and self-important puffery, have been the foundations of Dirk's success.
god, I forgot all about that. How disgusting.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post

Nope. You are the only poster who has a clue.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #58
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
He was hungry and he wanted to establish himself as a legit player in this league. Once he achieved that he was on the gravy train. Perhaps he didn't feel the need to work harder to keep it up or improve. Besides, I'm not sure that he had a reputation for throwing big parties during a key run in the playoffs or announcing that he smokes pot during the offseason before Avery.
Josh has always been Josh. The difference was, at some point in his career, he knew his role. It wasn't until Avery convinced him that he was the Robin to Dirk's Batman--a second scorer type--that he became a inefficient, generally ineffective player.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #59
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to grndmstr_c again.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #60
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

again I am undefeated on the season
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #61
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

the reality is we don't have a back up for Kidd.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #62
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
again I am undefeated on the season
This isn't really your GDT win streak to have, though.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:42 AM   #63
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Avery sucked...

My buddy and I were talking at the game tonight and wondering if we would have made a josh-haywood trade, have to say stinkin' yes. What a nice one, we get a guy who I would trade for in a second in haywood for josh and we get a throw in small forward and shooting guard.

Can't beat that bro'!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #64
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
god, I forgot all about that. How disgusting.
Uh, i dont remember that quote, can someone help out?

And like i told, it has a reason why Avery isnt still back in the league...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #65
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Avery was the balls before he switched hotels that fateful night in Miami.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 AM   #66
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Josh has always been Josh. The difference was, at some point in his career, he knew his role. It wasn't until Avery convinced him that he was the Robin to Dirk's Batman--a second scorer type--that he became a inefficient, generally ineffective player.

I don't believe Avey ruined Josh. I also think the success he had caused A LOT of people to believe he could robin up behind Dirk not just Avery. I'd rather not debate Avery and Josh in this thread so I'll leave it at this.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #67
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas View Post
Avery was the balls before he switched hotels that fateful night in Miami.
Josh ruined Avery. Not the other way around.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #68
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
Josh ruined Avery. Not the other way around.
I think they both ruined themselves.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #69
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how Avery gets the blame for Josh's decline when it came under Carlisle.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #70
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Despite the best record of all "rookie coaches" he still doesnt have a job as coach and there was plenty of teams changing coaches.

And no, i dont believe he likes TNT/ESPN more than coaching (i not even know where he is because i always mute and do something else)...
He's drawing a full salary from Cuban while getting paid by ESPN. My guess is he'll be back in the game next season.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:14 AM   #71
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if I'm going to post anything in a postgame thread I need to at least post something about the game. A lot of it was ugly, but it sure was nice to see the team get a comfortable win on the night that Carlisle loosened up the rotation. That 2nd (successful) one-man fastbreak from Booby right after he'd got blocked was priceless.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #72
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

awww man i missed the game

Good to hear some of the good things happen, grats to woody for the 20 reb game. Watching the highlights now, good stuff.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #73
fluid.forty.one

I thought this was an great stat:

Dirk Nowitzki tallied a game-high 23 points, his 15th consecutive game with at least 20 against the Pacers.

Since the Pacers are in the east, that's almost 8 years of domination.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #74
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

I'm not too shocked at the Mavs fan base for hating the guy that's taken this franchise farther than any coach in Mavs History.

Seems like our fan base is in love with the people who make us feel warm and cozy inside vs someone who helps us win.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 AM   #75
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post
awww man i missed the game

Good to hear some of the good things happen, grats to woody for the 20 reb game. Watching the highlights now, good stuff.
Not too long ago, I was sitting there staring at a Clippers' boxscore, wishing the Mavs had someone that could occasionally pull down 20 rebounds in a game.

Anyone know the last time a Mav had 20 rbs?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #76
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not too long ago, I was sitting there staring at a Clippers' boxscore, wishing the Mavs had someone that could occasionally pull down 20 rebounds in a game.

Anyone know the last time a Mav had 20 rbs?
Damp did it against Houston on Nov. 10th.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 AM   #77
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
I'm not too shocked at the Mavs fan base for hating the guy that's taken this franchise farther than any coach in Mavs History.

Seems like our fan base is in love with the people who make us feel warm and cozy inside vs someone who helps us win.
Avery didn't "take" the Mavs anywhere. He was along for the ride. Dirk took the Mavs to the finals and to 67 wins. Dirk. Not Avery. Dirk.

I've said many times before and I'll say again, the Mavs were successful in spite of Avery, not because of him.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #78
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Damp did it against Houston on Nov. 10th.
wow. really? Erick Dampier? we should make that guy's contract end every year.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #79
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Avery didn't "take" the Mavs anywhere. He was along for the ride. Dirk took the Mavs to the finals and to 67 wins. Dirk. Not Avery. Dirk.

I've said many times before and I'll say again, the Mavs were successful in spite of Avery, not because of him.
And as many time as you say it, someone's going to say, "you can tell because of all the finals appearances they made before and after Avery was coach."
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #80
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
wow. really? Erick Dampier? we should make that guy's contract end every year.
NBA contracts in general just shouldn't be guaranteed like they are. It's really a terrible system.