Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Who should we pick up team options on?
Harris - Only 4.4 mill (1.5mill more than vet min) for a great backup SG to Curry 12 60.00%
DFS - Min contract of 1.3 mill, good backup to Matthews 19 95.00%
Brussino - Min contract of 1.3 mill, developing well 19 95.00%
Uthoff - Min contract of 1.3 mill, didn't show much 4 20.00%
Hammons - Min contract of 1.3 mill, has shown flashed in D-league, but not much in NBA 7 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Team Option Contracts: a poll

Dirk was not picked up, but will re-sign
Liggins was not picked up
Yogi was picked up and will remain with the team.

Vote for guys you think should get their team option picked up. You can vote for as many as you think should come back.

Noel/Dirk/Mejri
Barnes/Powell/ ???
Matthews/ ???
Curry/ ??? / ???
Smith/ Ferrell/ Barea
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

When you create a poll and want someone to actually vote according to what they believe, it's probably a good idea to not throw in your opinions next to the selection options.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

My hesitation with not picking up Hammons is the lack of depth into the G league squad at center, and his cost aka not much. I bet he is back but he's not too big of a concern for me.

I think the no brainers are DFS and Brussino, and then Harris will be up in the air. He's our best option for a backup SG.

I'll also say, and I know why you left him off of the roster above, but Motley will end up with plenty of playing time a la DFS. I'm excited about that pickup.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

DFS and Brussino picked up

No to Devin. If he wants to stay, its a vet minimum deal for him. Dont waste cap space to please him.

Ready to give up on Hammons. Dude is 25 in the summer and didnt show anything yet.

Cant rate Uthoff at all, no idea

Last edited by sefant77; 06-27-2017 at 03:03 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Devin is a baller and I would love to see him get paid what he's worth here, though we aren't in that place r now. He's gives max effort every single night and he's crafty AF! Aside from Dirk, If we had money to satisfy a player, for me it would be him. We can lose a PG or SG for a period of time and feel secure that it wouldn't be him that costs us games.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
When you create a poll and want someone to actually vote according to what they believe, it's probably a good idea to not throw in your opinions next to the selection options.
Noted and ignored
Old 06-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #7
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Devin is a baller and I would love to see him get paid what he's worth here, though we aren't in that place r now. He's gives max effort every single night and he's crafty AF! Aside from Dirk, If we had money to satisfy a player, for me it would be him. We can lose a PG or SG for a period of time and feel secure that it wouldn't be him that costs us games.
Agree!

Last edited by FromDownTown!; 06-27-2017 at 04:04 PM.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Thing about Devin is that he's turned into a great backup SG sparkplug.

His 4.4million dollar contract is only 1.5 million more than the veteran minimum and only 3.1 million more than a cap hold/minimum contract, so he's a crazy good deal.

He also seems loyal, so we may be able to waive him/not pick up team option, fill to cap and then sign him on a veteran minimum contract (veteran contracts can be signed after hitting the cap).

Lots to think about with him.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Harris also missed 25% of his games in the past two seasons, thats a lot.

He shouldnt be butthurt if the Mavs decline his option and offer him the vet min when they tell him they need this money in the FA...
Old 06-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Any player 24 and under is fine with me.

That leaves out Harris and Hammons.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dirk was not picked up, but will re-sign
Liggins was not picked up
Yogi was picked up and will remain with the team.

Vote for guys you think should get their team option picked up. You can vote for as many as you think should come back.

Noel/Dirk/Mejri
Barnes/Powell/ ???
Matthews/ ???
Curry/ ??? / ???
Smith/ Ferrell/ Barea
I'm pretty happy with our current roster....just add McLemore as a potential future backcourt mate for DSJ and I think we're done for this off-season.

Noel/Mejri/Powell
Dirk/Uthoff/Motley
Barnes/Brussino/DFS
Wes/Curry/McLemore
DSJ/Yogi/JJB

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-27-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Yes to all but Uthoff.
Lets see what Hammons can bring in year 2.
DFS/Brussino no brainers on min contract

Harris isnt making that much and 1.5 million shouldnt stop us considering he is still a decent sparkplug off the bench and be crafty at times. You would be hard pressed to find another player in the league that can bring what he brings for less than 4.4m.

Motley can only play 45 games in the NBA so most of his season will be in the G league. Also still recovering from his injury in March. Hopefully he can be added after All Star break full time.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-27-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #13
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm pretty happy with our current roster....just add McLemore as a potential future backcourt mate for DSJ and I think we're done for this off-season.

Noel/Mejri/Powell
Dirk/Uthoff/Motley
Barnes/Brussino/DFS
Wes/Curry/McLemore
DSJ/Yogi/JJB

Agree with signing Mclemore. I would also keep Harris over Uthoff with the understanding that he's more assistant coach than player, but other than that I'm in agreement with your roster.

I don't see any other realistic upgrades. I think chasing Porter or Hayward is a fools errand. I think we can get Mclemore if we recruit him early and hard. If he shows flashes I move Curry at the deadline for a future first from OKC or some other team in need of an outside presence (assuming Curry doesn't light the world on fire, of course).
Old 06-27-2017, 06:20 PM   #14
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

If the Mavs cut Harris they still owe him 1.3m against the cap. If they then resign him to the vet min that would be 2.3m. So combined his cap hit would be 3.6m a savings of only 800k. If they cut him they won't resign him IMO because that just doesn't sound like something the Mavs would do to a guy they want to retire a Mav.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #15
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Harris also missed 25% of his games in the past two seasons, thats a lot.

He shouldnt be butthurt if the Mavs decline his option and offer him the vet min when they tell him they need this money in the FA...
Technically 21% (Played 65 of 82). With Dirk in his last two years, I dont see them declining a near vet min contract.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #16
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Agree with signing Mclemore. I would also keep Harris over Uthoff with the understanding that he's more assistant coach than player, but other than that I'm in agreement with your roster.

I don't see any other realistic upgrades. I think chasing Porter or Hayward is a fools errand. I think we can get Mclemore if we recruit him early and hard. If he shows flashes I move Curry at the deadline for a future first from OKC or some other team in need of an outside presence (assuming Curry doesn't light the world on fire, of course).
Yeah, I think Wes would be a great influence to McLemore and our system should fit him well. Plus he'd be a great fit with DSJ if he lives up to his potential.

I haven't seen enough of Uthoff to make a decision on him yet but he is younger than Harris and appears to have a pretty complete game so I'd like to see more of him.
Our summer team should be fun to watch with DFS, Brussino, DSJ, Motley and Uthoff.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
If the Mavs cut Harris they still owe him 1.3m against the cap. If they then resign him to the vet min that would be 2.3m. So combined his cap hit would be 3.6m a savings of only 800k. If they cut him they won't resign him IMO because that just doesn't sound like something the Mavs would do to a guy they want to retire a Mav.
800k doesnt sound like a lot but if you add this amount to a 4 year contract offer for Free Agent XY and its almost a five million difference over the total contract length...

Thats why i want them to decline the offer
Old 06-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #18
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
800k doesnt sound like a lot but if you add this amount to a 4 year contract offer for Free Agent XY and its almost a five million difference over the total contract length...

Thats why i want them to decline the offer
wouldnt the 800k only apply to this season though? Not all four seasons of another players contract. Maybe Im off
Old 06-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #19
sefant77
Guru

As example you can offer a starting salary of 10.8 instead of 10 with additional yearly raise. So it apply to every year including the annual raise (thaty why its even more than the 4x800k)

Last edited by sefant77; 06-27-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #20
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Outside of the top guys who are not coming here I just don't see anyone I'd want to spend the kind of money on that would require cutting Harris to save salary. The biggest signing I see us making is using MLE on a 5-8m type player personally.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #21
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say keep Devin but where is his playing time going to come from? Assuming RC can't help himself and plays Wes 30-35 per game. Seth gets 20-30. Yogi gets 10-20. JJB in there somewhere. No way you let sentimentality stop you from moving Devin, JJB or Wes at this point if something really good comes along. Along with Powell these 4 represent a max contract that could be spent on a presumably much better, younger player. Not that that player will necessarily present themselves. I'm sure they've tested the waters as far as the relative values of these guys are concerned and would move any of them if the right FA or salary dump were to come along.

Hammons I trust they know by now if he has the drive, work habits, talent to stick and trust their judgement. Although they maybe gave up on Dedmon a little quickly a few years back.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Outside of the top guys who are not coming here I just don't see anyone I'd want to spend the kind of money on that would require cutting Harris to save salary. The biggest signing I see us making is using MLE on a 5-8m type player personally.
This is how I see it as well... We're not a competitor, so guns-for-hire aren't necessary, the mid-grade players don't provide any more upside than our youth, and none of the big fish will be coming here until after DSJ wins RoTY... Stand pat and don't tie up any longterm salary in players who don't move the needle.

Harris only has 1 year left on his contract, then I could see him possibly retiring. Might as well keep him around since he's a great locker room presence, Dirk likes him, plus he could work as a bit of a player-coach to Smith Jr. and Yogi.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-27-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Harris - yes, for the reason listed above.

DFS - hell yes, dude shows a ton of promise -- hope to see him take another step forward this season.

Brussino - a very intriguing player, since he brings guard skills at the forward position -- Carlisle seemed to like him, so I bet he sticks around.

Uthoff - on the bubble, but he's the closest non-HoF player we have to a stretch-4 right now, so he could end up nabbing the 15th spot by default.

Hammons - I think Motley is going to bump him out -- especially if Dirk still plays the 5, Powell sticks around, and Noel eats up most of those center minutes anyway.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #24
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I had Uthoff as the lone guy left out but I can easily see Hammons gone. I had him as there just because of his size and his contract is already guaranteed. It doesn't have an option I'm aware of. I remember when it came out last year it was "not the norm but not exactly rare" or something. But what concerns me about Hammons is he didn't come close to dominating the D league. It's not a direct barometer but I at least see it as a sign. JJ Barea and Dwight Powell cruised in D league and they are rotation players in the NBA. Hammons is a 12/8 guy in the d league, same league Powell was 26/10.

Edit-
Yeah I don't see on spotrac or bbref or anywhere a team option for Hammons. But he could still get cut for being a waste of space, still belongs on the poll spiritually. Not having it be a team option might save his ass in the end.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-27-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Noted and ignored
Just trying to help you out... Help was obviously needed. You can choose to heed solid advice or you can ignore it. Obviously the choice is yours.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Just trying to help you out... Help was obviously needed. You can choose to heed solid advice or you can ignore it. Obviously the choice is yours.
Thank you so much. You're such a sweetheart to look after me.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:44 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

No, not Liggins.

Traded to the Rockets for cash
Old 06-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #28
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, not Liggins.

Traded to the Rockets for cash
Splash!
Old 06-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Thank you so much. You're such a sweetheart to look after me.
You're very welcome.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:47 PM   #30
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Agree with signing Mclemore.
Looks like we might have a chance.
Kings declined QO so he is unrestricted now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-be-free-agent

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-28-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:42 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Uthof dealt to Rockets for $$$ too
Old 06-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #32
REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We own putting together our own DUST chip with a bunch of crumbs.

Thanks for the help guys
REEKO_HTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:
That simplifies things a bit.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #34
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
I had Uthoff as the lone guy left out but I can easily see Hammons gone. I had him as there just because of his size and his contract is already guaranteed. It doesn't have an option I'm aware of. I remember when it came out last year it was "not the norm but not exactly rare" or something. But what concerns me about Hammons is he didn't come close to dominating the D league. It's not a direct barometer but I at least see it as a sign. JJ Barea and Dwight Powell cruised in D league and they are rotation players in the NBA. Hammons is a 12/8 guy in the d league, same league Powell was 26/10.

Edit-
Yeah I don't see on spotrac or bbref or anywhere a team option for Hammons. But he could still get cut for being a waste of space, still belongs on the poll spiritually. Not having it be a team option might save his ass in the end.
Thank you. I've seen people here mention Hammons has a team option a lot. He doesn't. We signed him on a 3 year fully guaranteed deal for slightly above rookie minimum. He can be waived obviously, but there is no team option at all.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/dal/salary/
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
Thank you. I've seen people here mention Hammons has a team option a lot. He doesn't. We signed him on a 3 year fully guaranteed deal for slightly above rookie minimum. He can be waived obviously, but there is no team option at all.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/dal/salary/
Yeah, the often-unreliable HoopsHype has him listed as a team option -- they're one of the top results in a Google search, so that's probably how the misinformation is getting spread around.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #36
Underdog

@bobbykaralla: After the Uthoff move, the Mavs now have 12 players under contract (counting DSJ for convenience sake), plus Noel (RFA) & Dirk (tm option).

Old 06-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #37
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
We own putting together our own DUST chip with a bunch of crumbs.

Thanks for the help guys
Don't mention it. Whats the endgame though? What do they have to offer for a 3rd star? Eric Gordon is a nice player but ya'll can really use his shooting. No one wants to pay Ryan Anderson 19m for the next few years even if he is a useful player. Ariza is declining. They have no 2018 first round pick.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #38
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Don't mention it. Whats the endgame though? What do they have to offer for a 3rd star? Eric Gordon is a nice player but ya'll can really use his shooting. No one wants to pay Ryan Anderson 19m for the next few years even if he is a useful player. Ariza is declining. They have no 2018 first round pick.
End game? 2nd round exit, at best.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #39
Underdog

I wonder how much those cash considerations for Liggins and Uthoff were worth? We can add up to $3.5m to buy a draft pick next summer, which is exactly how Golden State was able to buy the Jordan Bell pick in this draft... Always nice to have the option to pick up another 2nd rounder.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-30-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #40
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder how much those cash considerations for Liggins and Uthoff were worth? We can add up to $3.5m to buy a draft pick next summer, which is exactly how Portland was able to buy the Jordan Bell pick in this draft... Always nice to have the option to pick up another 2nd rounder.
Golden State* and he will likely replace some to most of Iguodala's minutes, as I see the latter leaving for bigger bucks elsewhere