Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Kobe says he would go to Europe (Italy)

Not that he would consider, but that he would leave if offered 50 million next summer. STUFF is gettin crazy : )

“I’d go. I’d probably go,”
“Like Milan or something like that, where I grew up or something like that… Peace out.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...BA#STORY_11124

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-08-2008 at 08:59 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA:

-Crooked refs.

-Greedy(-est) players.

-Watered-down talent.

Once Dirk retires, I'm done with it - screw the NBA! (where suck happens...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Peace out?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

International > Domestic

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
Peace out?
Probably alluding to the notion that he'd be fine leaving the states as in "So long, suckers!"

Edit: If this happened I can only imagine how devastated all of these bandwagon Lakers fans will be with their ruined talks of dynasties in the making.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 08-08-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Probably alluding to the notion that he'd be fine leaving the states as in "So long, suckers!"
An educated man would've said "ciao" after talking about going to Italy...

peez-ow~~

Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
An educated man would've said "ciao" after talking about going to Italy...

peez-ow~~

Yeah that would have been cunning....but we're talking about Kobe. No one has ever mistaken him with an educated man.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

after few more years, he could~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
after few more years, he could~
No sh!t, Sherlock - thanks for stopping by to enlighten us with your wisdom...

Old 08-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe is fluent in Italian, English, and Spanish... I'm sure he knows how to say bye.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Good, I wish he would leave now! He can breach his NBA contract and it wouldn't matter, right?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #12
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Kobe is fluent in Italian, English, and Spanish... I'm sure he knows how to say bye.
Maybe, but he wasn't clever enough to use it...

"Peace out"? That's fresh! (in a rad way...)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-08-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #13
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Who should pay such sums in Europe ?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
no one thats why lebron/kobe can say they would go.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #15
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA is falling apart...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #16
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
The money is definitely there. Roman Abramovich, the major financial supporter of CSKA Moscow, has nearly 10 times as much money as Mark Cuban ($23.4 billion v. $2.8 billion).
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:13 AM   #17
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

CAPITALISM IS THE ENEMY!!! F the system!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This would be a good thing for "Global" basketball, while it would hurt the stature of U.S. Basketball.

Then again, Stern has done more than his fair share to ruin basketball in America...perhaps its time that he reaps what he has sowed.

On that same note, perhaps we can truly capture the International Soccer Market...signing Global "Star" soccer players to play in the MLS and actually turn the MLS into a top tier Soccer league.

I enjoy both sports, so I have no problem flipping the channel to a local Soccer match, or even trading in the AAC for Frisco's Pizza Hut Park.

I say it's time to see the NBA ripped of it's perceived status!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
no one thats why lebron/kobe can say they would go.
I Italy alone there are three guys who are billionaires and who either were or still are very much involved into sports. Berlusconi, Benneton, Agnelli. They could easily pay 50 mio $ for Kobe if they wanted too. Use him as representative for Benneton or Fiat.

And that´s just Italy.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyjg1205 View Post
金港瑞丰(北京)科技发展有限公司是专业致力于网络电话 技术开发、推广的高新技术企业,是国内新一代网络即时通讯事业的倡导者和市场开拓先锋。我们一贯以不断提高 客户的满意度作为公司发展壮大的核心重点,以快捷高效的服务质量为差异化竞争优势。 作为尚阳、
Of course not. It was an automatic he gave her, I think the only one in the world

Quote:
傲威、世纪网通等多家品牌长途电话网关的代理商和指定网络电话售后服务机构,在坚持为您提供品质卓越的网络电话产品之外,我们还从美国Dol b实验室引进了超级防封杀加密网络电话平台组,针对网通、铁通、电信、社区宽带、写字楼宽带等不同的网络环 境和路由特点进行优化,彻底做到了真正意义上的网络电话防封杀并且占用带宽资源少,网络电话服务器处理效率 高,网络电话音质清晰。此外,IP电话先进的营销理念、技术超群的
You should analyze your own situation before you ever go talking about someone's mom like that. You don't know the circumstances.

Quote:
工程师队伍时时待命为我们的服务品质提供了可靠的网络电话保证。?   网络电话 应用方案:公司网络电话、企业用网络电话企业电话线路价格:国内网络电话一律0.08元/分钟,国际网络电话最低0.30元/分钟 业务特点:申请后8小时内安装网络电话并开通,网络电话无月租费,网络电话可透传指定号码,网络电话可随时 登录网站查询网络电话话费清单。
Woah. Bold conclusions there. You won't find many supporters here.

Last edited by mary; 12-10-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Disabling links
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Witty. Witty.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:43 AM   #22
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

At the rates these spambots are going, I am going to pick up the whole mandarin language from reading these message boards.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #23
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

didn't Kidd and Lebron say they would play there also a while ago I thought they both said they would also, lol.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
didn't Kidd and Lebron say they would play there also a while ago I thought they both said they would also, lol.
I absolutely do not understand what your post says at all.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #25
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I absolutely do not understand what your post says at all.
I asked a question. Didn't Kidd and Lebron also say they would play in Europe also? I swear that I read that both of them joked that they would play over there for the money
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #26
Underdog

Quote:
I asked a question. Didn't Kidd and Lebron also say they would play in Europe also? I swear that I read that both of them joked that they would play over there for the money
Questions usually end with question marks (you got it right the second time...)

I remember LeBron saying something about playing in Europe, but he's probably just using it as leverage for a bigger paycheck (at this rate, he'll be the highest-paid player in the history of the NBA to never win a ring...)

I don't remember hearing Kidd say anything about it though...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
didn't Kidd and Lebron say they would play there also
Quote:
a while ago I thought they both said they would also, lol.
You can actually divide that post right down the middle, and both halves say the exact same thing.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #28
bernardos70
Diamond Member

eh..

Last edited by bernardos70; 12-10-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Unnecessary
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #29
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

My head hurts.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #30
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The Olympiakos probably have wood right about now... you know they would pay that much for him.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
You can actually divide that post right down the middle, and both halves say the exact same thing.

Kinda looks like a quiz for 3rd graders to find the correctly worded sentence!

And there should be a C) none of the above

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-10-2008 at 01:42 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Kinda looks like a quiz for 3rd graders to find the correctly worded sentence!

And there should be a C) none of the above
LOL - I was just about to type what you added in your edit...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: none of the above
Old 12-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I think this board attracts stupid, this board attracts stupid I think.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I think this board also attracts stupid, as well this board attracts stupid I think also.
I don't know why, we're such a bunch of ...err..."swell" guys and girls.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-10-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: I fixed your post btw.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one