Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default "Trade AI to Dallas?" the solution to the Sixers problems?

Quote:
Trading Andre Iguodala
By Kelly Dwyer
Understand that I'm usually (if not, nearly always) pretty loathe to take on these sorts of posts, partially because I don't like reading them myself, partially because a lot of the time an NBA trade rarely works out solidly for both ends, and mostly because I'm more interested in the on-court action than off. Alas, I'm forging ahead, here.

If the reports are correct, and they likely aren't, Andre Iguodala and the Philadelphia 76ers are at a stalemate. The guard/forward (eh, "forward") is about to enter his fifth season, he's a restricted free agent, and reports indicate he's looking for a contract in the six-year, 75 million dollar range.

Now, this could be a plant from the Sixers, or someone's educated guess (75 million would seem in line with someone who wouldn't be signed as of the first week of August), or it could be spot on. The specifics hardly matter to me, because I barely think he's worth eight figures a year. AI's a fine player, but even with the addition of Elton Brand and the continued improvement of Louis Williams, he might not be what the 76ers need. His game is a little more "Corey Maggette" than it is "Paul Pierce." A lot more. The guy has issues creating shots.

So why not cut out now? Why not mix things up with a sign-and-trade? Why not follow the voice of every message board denizen? Actually, for this one, that might work.

Trading AI straight-up in a sign-and-trade for one of his Class of 2004 brethren (like, say, Ben Gordon) is too complicated due to Base-Year Compensation rules, and any sign-and-trade deal that Iggy gets dealt within would have to invoke that clause.

Because of the raise in his deal, the contracts that come back to the 76ers would have to match up with half of Iguodala's first year salary, plus whatever salary they'd add on with other players. So if Iguodala is signed to a deal that has him making 12 million quid in the first season, it would only be worth six million in a trade. Good news if the 76ers want to deal for Matt Harpring, bad news if they want to try and replicate Iguodala's still-solid (and still-rising, for years after this) production.

Initially, I went to look for deals involving Class of 2003 guys, because those with significant gifts would already be working on their post-rookie contracts, which would be worth the full amount in a trade due to their BYC status expiring after 2007-08. Kirk Hinrich? On the block, but the Bulls don't need another wing player. Jameer Nelson? Same, and same. T.J. Ford? Already dealt. LeBron James? Too good. Reece Gaines? Too pretty for Philly. Leandro Barbosa? The Suns probably won't play ball.

Josh Howard? Hmm.

This isn't a reaction to Howard's latest indiscretion. Not sure if you've heard, but Mark Cuban is a pretty sound businessman, and he's knows that a fan base disappointed in a few off-court misdeeds rarely translates into actual losses at the gate, though losing basketball will always translate into ticket-buying indifference. And Howard sells tickets, because he helps win games. Or, he used to. Until last year, at least.

Howard is 28. He's in his prime. This is it. 2008-09 has to be his best year, and if it isn't, then ... yikes. Is the atmosphere right for him to pull off that career year? Sure, Avery Johnson is gone, and those two had their moments, but is he long for this team and an owner that really digs Brandon Bass?

Meanwhile, the 76ers just signed Elton Brand. Andre Miller is running the point. Their window to win is right flippin' now, in spite of all the young talent. Iguodala, for all his gifts, was an absolute millstone during last spring's playoffs; and even if we excuse the play because of two words ("Tayshaun" and "Prince"), the team still needs someone who can create in a pinch when things break down in the post. And not by firing a Maggette-esque three-pointer.

So why not give Iggy his 12-million per year, ship him to Dallas with Willie Green, and take Howard on? The Mavs get a Richard Jefferson-esque oop partner for Jason Kidd, someone to run enough with to dupe media types into thinking that Dallas is a fast-break team (like Kidd and Jefferson did in New Jersey), backcourt depth in Green, and they cut ties with Howard for a player almost four years younger.

Philly gets a smoother shooter who can create, defend, and knows how to contribute when the looks aren't there, or the looks aren't falling. Better yet, at two more years for 20 million and then a team option for 11 more, the 76ers stay in contract control. Also, Willie Green stinks.

I think it works, I think both sides do well, and I think fans of both teams would be happy with the deal one, three, and five years from now - even with, five years from now, Iguodala in his prime and Howard long gone from Philadelphia. Something about a Thaddeus Young.

What do you think?

Why the F not?! Make it happen cubes!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Ya, I'd take it. Of course I'd rather have Josh Smith, but Iggy for Josh is not a bad move at all for us. Iggy is athletic, young, and can run the break with Kidd.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Plus we don't lose anyone else but JHo.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know about that one
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Iggy + Kidd = Wetdream
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Iggy + Kidd = Wetdream

I'm not sure how you meant that but I'll go on thinking that it's a basketball thingy

Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think the Sixers would want more, would be a great deal for us.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Much better defender Iggy is.

Sign me up.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Iggy did get shutdown by Detroit in the playoffs this past year...pretty badly...but I feel like it was different than from Josh Howard. Igoudala just could not do anything against Detroit's defense..whereas Josh Howard just decided to shoot fadeaway jumpers. However, Detroit's defense is a lot better than Peja Stojakovic.

I think this would be a lateral move in terms of current skill..except that Iggy is younger, more athletic, and developing.

Last edited by nikeball; 08-04-2008 at 02:40 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

i like it.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Andre AND Wllie Green? Of course, I would do this.

But salaries would not match up if Iguodala signs for 12 per.

If we can make this work though, this would be a very very good team.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #12
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Do it we could be better then the rockets
Old 08-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Iggy did get shutdown by Detroit in the playoffs this past year...pretty badly...but I feel like it was different than from Josh Howard. Igoudala just could not do anything against Detroit's defense..whereas Josh Howard just decided to shoot fadeaway jumpers. However, Detroit's defense is a lot better than Peja Stojakovic.

I think this would be a lateral move in terms of current skill..except that Iggy is younger, more athletic, and developing.
Iggy was Philly's #1, and at his age that's alot of pressure against a defense like Detroit's. He would be our #2 or #3 option, alot less pressure to score the ball and more opportunity to lean on someone like Kidd to get his offense going.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Andre AND Wllie Green? Of course, I would do this.

But salaries would not match up if Iguodala signs for 12 per.

If we can make this work though, this would be a very very good team.

Yeah it would, Green makes 3.3 and Iggy would come back at 6. Howard makes 9.9 next season.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
Iggy was Philly's #1, and at his age that's alot of pressure against a defense like Detroit's. He would be our #2 or #3 option, alot less pressure to score the ball and more opportunity to lean on someone like Kidd to get his offense going.
co sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Yeah it would, Green makes 3.3 and Iggy would come back at 6. Howard makes 9.9 next season.
thank you for the clarification

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 08-04-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Are we gonna go down this same road again? How many players have we gone through this offseason that we've hoped we would land and we ended up empty handed? We're rolling with the same team cuz the Mavs F.O. is gutless, it's sad but true.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-04-2008 at 05:20 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
alby
Guru

Kidd/Terry/Barea
W. Green/Terry/Stack/Wright
Iguodala/Wright/G. Green/Singleton
Dirk/Bass/Singleton
Damp/Diop

I think that gives us home court in the Western Conference.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 08-04-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

The way Josh was shooting (jumpers/fades like Kobe)...I assumed he thought he was the #1 option and I will treat him as such. .
Old 08-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he did struggle to create opportunities, but as mentioned...he was the top option in Philly. I dunno how big of a stalemate they are actually in though. I'd give them more, like EJ or Stack for Willie Green as well. I don't think Bass needs to be included in this deal which is a plus for if there is anything else we can see further down the road.

Smith > Iggy...but I'd still take him over Howard
He can still develop but I don't think he'll match up to Smith's potential.

Both of those two still have potential, Howard doesn't have a whole lot left. It's up to him to get back into the form he was in. If he does that, can he still find ways to improve...I wouldn't count on it.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #20
alby
Guru

knowing our luck,

this will be the title of a thread next week: Andre Iguodala Goes to the Spurs!!
and the first post will be: "we like our team"

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 08-04-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #21
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

this doesnt make sense from a 76ers position.
iggy > howard
does howard create his own shot? more specifically down the stretch? not to mention howard is 4 years older.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^^Shhh.
*Don't ruin this for us, maybe philly don't know all this yet.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #23
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Are we gonna go down this same road again? How many players have we gone through this offseason that we've hoped we would land and we ended up empty handed? We're rolling with the same team cuz the Mavs F.O. is gutless, it's sad but true.
say it ain't so.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #24
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Willie Green is flat-out terrible. Maybe the worst starter for any playoff team last year. But if we have to take him on to get Iguodala..... well, I guess we'd probably better do it.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #25
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
I'm never gonna sleep with Jessica Alba, but sometimes it's fun to talk about it.

Don't be so sure that Howard is untouchable anymore, we could only hope that Cuban and Donnie have become frustrated with his crap. Hopefully enough to decide that he really isn't the all star golden boy they've built him up to be. Then again, judging by this offseason so far I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were totally right about our FO.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I just believe it's a case of big hopes and overvaluing your own talent. Josh hasn't really fixed his image this summer, any little slip drags him right back down...it's just that bad. If you can get proven results with a mix of potential/youth for Josh...you take it and don't look back.

Can he still score and produce on a team, of course. Is he what we ultimately need, I don't think so. I just don't see a prolonged turn around for Josh.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-04-2008 at 10:36 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #27
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I don't think this makes Dallas that much better, if any. Like it or not, Josh is the second best player on the team when it comes to creating his own shot. I think he's better than Andre. Also, Andre doesn't seem like a Western Conference SF. I do feel like we'd have better team-play. It could be a hit or miss.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Andre would be a SG. We'd suddenly have a SG, but our SF would be weak.

And yeah I think we all need a plumber for all these dreams we are having but its still fun.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #29
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
I'm never gonna sleep with Jessica Alba, but sometimes it's fun to talk about it.
Not the Alba thing again.

Who was it that brought that up last time?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #30
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Not the Alba thing again.

Who was it that brought that up last time?
I don't even find Jessica Alba all that great TBH, I just thought it would be an analogy everyone would understand.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #31
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

I hope, Cuban do not buy the Cubs and concentraded to the Mavs for two years..

If Iguodala is coming in, then Josh can going out; but i want both, Iggy and Smith!

Monstertrade? If you read the press, '76 and the Hawks don't want pay the big money, bulls searching for bigs and want sending out one of Hughes/Gordon/Hinrich..

Damp/Jones for Hughes/Gray
Hughes/First '09 Pic for Iguodala/Evans
Josh/Evans for Smith/Claxton

Last edited by mbaur; 08-05-2008 at 09:38 AM.
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Iguodala wants 75 mil.....pretty steep but I guess his stats warrant it. Nearly 5 assists a game is impressive but his turnovers suck.

I dunno, I don't see Cuban giving Iggy that much money.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #33
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Don't expect anything from this front office. It's not worth the energy.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #34
mbaur

Monstertrade II :-)

Damp/Evans/Hart for Hinrich/Nocioni from Bulls
Josh/Stack for Iguodala/Evans from ‘76
Terry/Jones for Bargnani/Humphries from Raptors
Bargnani/Nocioni for Smith/Claxton from Hawks
Claxton/George/'09 Pic for Haslem from Heat
Diop/Bass/Haslem for Kaman/Hart from Clippers

Kaman/Humphries
Nowitzki/Singleton
Smith/Green/Wrigth
Iguodala/Hinrich/Foster
Kidd/Hinrich/Barea

The money runs, the future runs, rings are possible and the shit smokes..

Last edited by mbaur; 08-05-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #35
mbaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Iguodala wants 75 mil.....pretty steep but I guess his stats warrant it. Nearly 5 assists a game is impressive but his turnovers suck.

I dunno, I don't see Cuban giving Iggy that much money.
Salary Damp, Nowitzky, Bass, Josh, Stack, Terry, Kidd .. 77 Mio

Salary after Monstertrade: Kaman-10, Nowitzki-18, Smith-15, Iguodala-15,Kidd-21, Hinrich-10 .. 89 Mio

12 + 12 Tax = 24 Mio for a ring .. 1,3 Billion for the Cubs?

Last edited by mbaur; 08-05-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #36
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

I agree! Lets monstertrad! Or whatever it is that he calls it.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Doo. Doo hasst meche..
Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #38
CanadianMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Monstertrade II :-)

Damp/Evans/Hart for Hinrich/Nocioni from Bulls
Josh/Stack for Iguodala/Evans from ‘76
Terry/Jones for Bargnani/Humphries from Raptors
Bargnani/Nocioni for Smith/Claxton from Hawks
Claxton/George/'09 Pic for Haslem from Heat
Diop/Bass/Haslem for Kaman/Hart from Clippers

Kaman/Humphries
Nowitzki/Singleton
Smith/Green/Wrigth
Iguodala/Hinrich/Foster
Kidd/Hinrich/Barea

The money runs, the future runs, rings are possible and the shit smokes..
Please these "monstertrades" just make my headache worse and no team in the right mind would make any of those trades wtih us. Let's stick to one trade at a time please.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

I love the optimism but MBAUR is OOC with trades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqr1u...eature=related
Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #40
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I'd still much rather have Josh Smith. I've realized that we do not need to invest in any player that is going to heavily rely on Jason Kidd on offense. Reason being, their tenure here will surely overextend Kidd's. Josh Smith is a creator on offense so thats why I choose him.

Last edited by craggmac; 08-05-2008 at 01:05 PM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote