Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-16-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough
Default Good trade with LA

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Shaquille O'Neal (21.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 36.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -11.1 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and -4.5 apg.

L.A. Lakers trades: C Shaquille O'Neal (21.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 36.8 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 82 games)
SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 72 games)
Change in team outlook: +11.1 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and +4.5 apg.

Trade Accepted

Just seems like a good idea.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
MAVS-FANATICO

MAVS-FANATICO is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Good trade with LA

Once we get Shaq he will retire so he's no longer in the League and at the same time we get out of Walker and Finley's contract, this is Genuis.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do it, even if we only got 2 semi-full years from Shaq (just so long as he is healthy come playoff time).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I just don't see LA doing this trade. But if they would, sure I'd do it in a heart beat and throw in a $3 million kicker as well. But if LA did want to trade shaq, I'm sure that they could get a much better deal. And Walker and Fin would not fill the glaring hole at center Shaq would leave.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

That's a huge pipe dream. Even for the Lakers to even concieve of trading the league's most dominant players. Walker and Finley are nice players but they aren't all-stars out West.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
That's a huge pipe dream. Even for the Lakers to even concieve of trading the league's most dominant players. Walker and Finley are nice players but they aren't all-stars out West.
I don't think the Lakers want to trade Shaq. They might, just too keep Kobe though. I am not sure exactly what Kobe will demand. I don't think that money is the only thing Kobe will want though. It will be fun to see if Buss decides to keep Kobe, keep Shaq, keep Phil, or will he be able to keep them all together, or none.

With that said, I have no idea what will have to go to get Shaq, if they decide to trade him. I am betting that young, huge upside, and smaller contracts are a part of it though. Max players I wouldn't think are what the Lakers would be looking for.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:43 AM   #7
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Who's looking like a genius now...?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #8
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I would think that you would have to get that trade done to be considered genius material.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote