Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Since this is such a hot topic...

The subject of changing avatars while your team is playing well. I don't want to mess with board chemistry and it's obvious and glowing affect on our teams play. But I really want to change my avatar for the playoffs. Although, I have grown fond with my current one. I have even consulted my naib leader for his thoughts.... although to keep the honor of my sietch I can not reveal his wise guidance.

Please, help lead me on the Golden Path. Should I change it?

And before you ask, and even if you weren't going to ask I just wanted to let you know.... I love you. Yes, you....

Long live the keepers of the spice.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about changing my underwear for the playoffs too...but I'm still on the fence about it.

After Dirk cut his hair and it was discovered that was not the source of his power, it became clear to everyone that your avatar IS. Therefore I vote no.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

The eye is hypnotic!

Leave the eye alone!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

go with your gut.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I was thinking about changing my underwear for the playoffs too...but I'm still on the fence about it.
I hope you remember to change the underwear more often than only for the playoffs.

To the topic: If it´s not broken, don´t fix it! So also a no from me.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
go with your gut.
Why would he want to change his picture of an eye with a picture of his gut???

That's just DUMB!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan

That's just DUMB!
I don´t think we want to see this either.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan

That's just DUMB!
touche

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

See how helpful we're being?

People should really ask us for advice more often
Old 03-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Hahaha... Yup!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have been extremely helpful.

As Muad'Dib once said to his rightful wife Chani: "We'll have victory"
Old 03-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I for one will stick with Mr. MacPhisto, thank you.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I for one will stick with Mr. MacPhisto, thank you.
I really think you should relinquish that to me though..... You could go with a black avatar with blue and pink spiral or somesuch....
Old 03-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I wouldn't mess with it, when things are going good you need to not change anything, except for underwear (flaco is probably the only one that doesn't haha).

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I wouldn't mess with it, when things are going good you need to not change anything, except for underwear (flaco is probably the only one that doesn't haha).
That's just because you know that I was planning on going back to my playoff avatar from last year which would mean you had to change yours or be my twinkie...

j/k...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

U2, your avatar is working pretty well for winning games, but for hollinger rankings - it is sucking ass.

It falls on you to step up and make something happen.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #17
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bring back the flag and we can talk about it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #18
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

OMG WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO??????????????????????????????????????????

THIS DESERVES SERIOUS CONSIDERATION.!!!!1111

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably about time I sign up and get a freakin' avatar.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
OMG WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO??????????????????????????????????????????

THIS DESERVES SERIOUS CONSIDERATION.!!!!1111
I know, right? This thread is screaming "look at me".

I was bored I guess and starving for attention.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

u2... my thought is go forth and change the avatar. You've always changed avatars every now and then, and continuing with a normal pattern of behavior won't upset the gods of luck.

People like me, who've had 2 avatars in 5 years... gotta be careful. It's all about maintaining the norm.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:03 AM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I say, if they beat Phx on Sunday, then no one change a thing.

If not, I for one, am hitting the photoshop hard on monday morning.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:11 AM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I really think you should relinquish that to me though..... You could go with a black avatar with blue and pink spiral or somesuch....
NEVER!!!

However, you do have my personal blessing to use either one of these.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-31-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #24
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Be carefull grasshopper, you might get the following if you fool with the Avatar gods:
'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:54 PM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
It's probably about time I sign up and get a freakin' avatar.
damn you, you mooch!!!

edit: I'm Prison Mike!!!

Last edited by MavsX; 04-01-2007 at 12:05 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #26
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I wish I had an Avatar. But then again, I know why I dont. I still wish I had one though...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Updates?

eh?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The sky is falling, everyone change their avatars and signatures.... etc, etc, etc....

edit: I have to put some of these or else people will think I'm being too serious

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-02-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #29
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Oh heck... I change my signature every other day....
Old 04-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Britney Spears No Underpants humor = funny
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #31
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After Dirk cut his hair and it was discovered that was not the source of his power,
For the record, I've had short hair all my life, but now I haven't even had a trim since August. That's been my contribution this year.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #32
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Britney Spears No Underpants humor = funny
totally agree. that comic strip had me laughing out loud.

as far as the avatar, go ahead and change it if you want to. I'm going to change mine too soon, as I'm tired of being a dork. just have to decide what to use now.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #33
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

It has been my experience that most people with a lifelong history of dorkiness need to do more than switch avatars to affect a change...
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #34
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

ha good one...sucker ^
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #35
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I think Mavsx must have some cyber deal where he gets money everytime he calls someone a sucker.

And Britney underpants humor is funny.... unfortunately that was the last Pig in rehab with Britney strip. But Sunday's return of Pigita was really pretty funny.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-02-2007 at 03:15 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #36
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
It has been my experience that most people with a lifelong history of dorkiness need to do more than switch avatars to affect a change...
probably true, but I gotta start somewhere...

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #37
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think my new signature gave Dirk food poisoning yesterday.

I don't really feel bad about it though.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #38
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Book of Basketball Karma, if you're going change your avi/sig...now's the time to do it!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
According to the Book of Basketball Karma, if you're going change your avi/sig...now's the time to do it!
Oh sh*t I forgot!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well my signature will change frequently but not my avatar. I'm staying Fremen. I know the wierding way. I'll lead you through the Golden Path.