Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-31-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Vlade with a killer three at the half. Webber held up the three sign and turned his back on the shot before it went up. Vlade drilled it. Nice attitude on the court. The Laker "fans" booed. I love it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2002, 10:20 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Walton is the biggest retard in history.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:23 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

walton knows his basketball but he makes some stupid-ass comments
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Kobe makes a motion to the crowd and Walton calls him a genius. Bibby does the same thing and calls it "uncalled for". The guy is a f*cking homer and has his nose so far up Kobe's ass you can't tell where Walton ends and Kobe begins.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:28 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

SheWeb scared to death to take that 3-pointer.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 10:30 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Man...isn't he though? He is looking to pass on every possession.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:31 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

75-75 after three.

GO KINGS!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 10:52 PM   #8
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

Wow. These are some piss poor calls.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:00 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE let the Kings win!
Old 05-31-2002, 11:01 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Horry slapped Webber hand and then they call that shit? The league and David Stern clearly want LA in the finals. This is some bullcrap calls. Even Walton was surprised.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:17 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Clutch shot by Webber then they let it go to crap....damn Kings.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:20 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers up by 3 with 19 seconds left. I hope the Kings pull it out.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:22 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Come on Bibby! Think showbe is begging out of guarding Bibby today like Phil Jackson said he did in game 5?
Old 05-31-2002, 11:26 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

How the refs saw a foul against Bibby is beyond me.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:28 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

Damn Lakers.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:28 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

This is a dark dark day for the NBA. That was pathetic. I have never seen a more poorly (likely illegal) called game in my life.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:28 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that sucked!
Old 05-31-2002, 11:29 PM   #18
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Webber may have had his best 4th quarter since college but the Kings couldn't win 5 against 8.

The offensive foul of Bryant on Bibby should have been called and the Kings would have had the ball to win.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:31 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

That was pathetic. We all bitch about refs giving a win but this was the poster child of refs being in favor of one team...the Lakers. The league wanted LA in the finals and they will do whatever to get it done.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:33 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, i thought the lakers caught just a bit of the short end of the stick in game 5..but this game was overwhelmingly in favor of the lakers..

i think the same guy that through A-Rod out of the game on tuesday was hired by the lakers to officiate this game
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:42 PM   #21
Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu is on a distinguished road

The game was called even, the Lakers won. End of Story......
Deja-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:46 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

either you didn't watch or you are starting trouble again. maybe both. End of story....
Old 06-01-2002, 12:19 AM   #23
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

And emp stern-head wonders why.....why his organization lost so many loyal fans over the years. Some one please pick him up and squeeze his dumb-azz into Bibby's shoes for the last few minutes of the 4th qtr! Hello, ole' emp, we are not that stupid! I am almost as shocked after game six as I was after game five, after I realized that the Kings....really..... had won the series already. Game#(can't remember), the half time 3pt shot that REALLY DIDN'T beat the buzzer and the lekers won by 1pt.

Brick and Dobie should feel embarassed that the organization would try to give them the series for the sake of ratings. I would be pissed. I 'd rather lose than have my fellow Americans watch it get handed to me, it was that obvious.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:41 AM   #24
Deja-Vu

Yea it was that obvious that when it came down to the end, Shaq and Kobe came together and showed why they are the 2 best players in the game. The refs didn't hand them the game, the Lakers earned it IMO.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:42 AM   #25
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

Forget the refs. They strongly influenced the game, *especially the 4th q*
but the Kings had their chances. They were shooting poorly, and the Lakers deserved this victory. With the refs, home court, obvious stronger desire to win, Shaqs 40 points, the Lakers hardly managed to win. I still believe the Kings are the better team than Lakers (by far), and with one good game, in which the Kings would control the pace, the Lakers are done.
The Laker should be very very lucky *not to mention the refs* to pull another victory at Arko.

Have a nice day, all mavs brothers...next season we'll be humping all over this pathetic edition of the Lakers...mark my words...
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 12:44 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

The IMO helps. You should use it more often. Shaq and Kobe played very well to be sure, but to say that the Lakers didn't benefit from poor officiating against the Kings is just ignoring the facts.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:48 AM   #27
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

I don't know why, but I am very calm about all this. And I am a die hard Kings fan. Is it just me, or the Kings appear in this series to be better team than the Lakers?
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 12:52 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

The Kings are a better team than the Lakers. If LA moves on I hope the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:55 AM   #29
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Forget the refs. >>

Mali King, I respect the fact that you won't use the refs as an excuse for why your team lost. However, I don't particularly like the Kings, so I have no problem saying that there is absolutely no excuse for the last inbounds play, where Kobe leveled Bibby with the ref looking straight at it and not calling anything. Maybe the Lakers defense would gotten a stop and maybe they would have won on their own last second shot or in overtime. But that was the worst instance of officiating I have ever seen.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:57 AM   #30
Deja-Vu

IF Drbio, you mean when right? Which will be Sunday night....... The Lakers are the better team, and it just so happen that they have the 2 best players in the game. They will win for 2 reasons. 1. Shaq 2. Kobe. End of Story.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:58 AM   #31
Drbio
Banned

with the ref looking straight at it and not calling anything

Hoops- they did call a foul....on Bibby. Total crap!
Old 06-01-2002, 01:01 AM   #32
Drbio
Banned

I hope dj checks the board...there is another of those dead spaces between intelligent posts. it's odd.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:10 AM   #33
ArcticBlast

The Lakers had as many FTAs in the fourth quater as the Kings did in the game. Which is 25, btw. That should tell you something.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:13 AM   #34
Drbio
Banned

That is a disgusting stat AB. It tells very much.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:37 AM   #35
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

I saw AB saying this on the other thread but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Checking my memory against the ESPN game log, The foul was on Doug Christie. If the foul had been on Bibby, it would have been a foul while the ball was out of bounds so Kobe not only would have gotten his free throws, but the Lakers would have gotten the ball back afterwards.

Kobe floors Bibby and as a result is open to get the inbounds pass, then Christie has to run over and intentionally foul him in order to put Kobe at the line so the Kings can get the ball back.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:13 PM   #36
ArcticBlast

Ah, okay. I didn't even see anyone else anywhere near that call so I thought it had to be Bibby.

It was still the worst call/noncall I've seen in a long time.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:11 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

I thought it was called on Bibby the way the ref reacted.