Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-03-2002, 09:36 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's look at the team:
Bibby - clutch player that yells after every time he scores or does something good.
webber - cries too much
vlade - the flopper; has a tendancy to stick his foot in his mouth way too much
christie - goofy as hell with that signaling to his wife
cleaves - sit down and shut up from time to time.. you ride the pines for a reason
peja and turoglu - the just look like silly bastards

this brings us to one conclusion:
the kings aren't likeable.

the two most likeable players are:
Jackson and
Pollard

Pollard is becoming negatively impacted by the whining of divac and webber but you still have to like his chops
Jackson, i don't really remember anything about the guy other than his game.. which is good

(and yes, i do listen to dunham and miller)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2002, 10:21 AM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The one I do like Hedo. Give him some time and he's going to be the Kings best player. Right now he already does more things on the court than Peja and down the stretch does more things than Webber. Give him some minutes and some more looks and he'll turn out to be a 20 point 8-9 rebound 5 assists guy.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

he's not that likeable because he's a goofy looking guy
Old 06-03-2002, 12:41 PM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Actually I think the team is likeable in my opinion. I like them, I get sick of Webber crying (agree 100% there) and Vlade flopping, other than that I like the team. I don't care how they look because yes some of them are goofy looking but as players and from what it seems like they all are likeable, except when they play the Mavs.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:43 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

They are likeable because of their goofiness. Glu in particular. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I agree with murph on Cleaves, though. Sit down, son.

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 12:54 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

well, if you like goofy bastards, the kings are your team
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

anyone see the timeout where cleaves was yelling at the team?

"WE'VE COME TOO FAR!"

we, nothin'... you didn't do jack, fool.

ok, i do like pollard, but i hate, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE webber's grimace after everything he does.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:28 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Actually, BBL, Matteen's quote was:

"We've CAME too far...!"

for a national TV audience to hear.

Small wonder Hedo's English is so lame.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 01:34 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

webber's quivering lower lip..he looks like he just called a timeout with none remaining again
Old 06-03-2002, 01:37 PM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

<< Actually, BBL, Matteen's quote was:

&quot;We've CAME too far...!&quot;

>>

ha ha! that makes it even better. i didn't notice that. a pine-rider with horrible grammar to boot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

webber's quivering lower lip..he looks like he just called a timeout with none remaining again

hahahaha

good line BBL.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 02:25 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ah, wasn't me, though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

good line, murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2002, 02:32 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

I meant murphs line was good....

but so was your line about Cleaves.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:50 PM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well, thanks, man!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:25 PM   #15
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I luv Webber- but he is a crying bitch
Old 06-04-2002, 10:13 AM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< I luv Webber- but he is a crying bitch >>

LOL...

The other day, after Vlade fouled out and SheWeb 'stepped up' to guard Big Dadddy, SheWeb immediately tried a flop, and I could just hear Shaq saying &quot;That's right...get on the floor, bitch!&quot;
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 03:00 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

lol