Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-01-2002, 12:12 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

another comeback

Michael Jordan is coming back from his injury rehab and plans on playing out his contract next year. I wish he would retire for good. I am afraid Mike will not be as dominating as I would like to remember him.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2002, 12:17 AM   #2
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

He's definitely over the hill...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 12:23 AM   #3
Deja-Vu

Deja-Vu is on a distinguished road

And still better than 90% of the league.....
Deja-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 12:27 AM   #4
NotEnuffEyesToSee

Dirky is better than him ...
It's too late
Old 06-01-2002, 12:40 AM   #5
Deja-Vu

Never, and never will be.......
Old 06-01-2002, 12:42 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

That is an ignorant statement. You have no idea what kind of player Dirk will turn into. Taking MJ's current level and predicting Dirk's future...no contest. NEETS is correct.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:50 AM   #7
NotEnuffEyesToSee

Deja-Vu, do you like irk ?
It's too late
Old 06-01-2002, 12:54 AM   #8
Deja-Vu

I dont care what his future is, he WONT win 6 rings. He wont be on an ALL NBA 1st Team, He wont be on an ALL NBA DEFENSIVE 1st Team. He will never win a gold medal, simply because the US will always take it. He will never avg 30+ a season. He will never ever be able to play the game the way MJ plays it. Contrary to popular believe guys, DIRK wont be getting much better than he was this year.

Neets, Like I said before I like Dirk ALOT. Why do you keep saying Irk?
Old 06-01-2002, 12:56 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Because you insist on not reading (or comprehending) the ENTIRE thread, you miss the point on every post.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:00 AM   #10
NotEnuffEyesToSee

You said "you like him ALOT but he WON'T win 6 rings" ...
Aren't you supposed to wish he WOULD ?
It's too late
Old 06-01-2002, 01:11 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Ignore him NEETS. It's not worth it. The original thread idea was:

Michael Jordan is coming back from his injury rehab and plans on playing out his contract next year. I wish he would retire for good. I am afraid Mike will not be as dominating as I would like to remember him.

The point is valid. Many of us want to see MJ retire at the top of his game. I personally wish he would not have come back to play with Washing ton although he did well when he wasn't injured. Your point was that Dirk can exceed MJ's current level of play. Another valid point. He is just here to start a Dirk v. MJ fight and to disrupt the board. He got chased like a baby from ezhoops and now he is trying to disrupt here. We would do well to just ignore him and he will tire and go away. His true colors have been flying all day.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:03 PM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

If you look at legacy's I think Deja "may" be correct. It's hard to see anyone doing what Jordan has done actually or having the impact on the NBA or a team that he had. He raised the bar so high for excellence that it makes it so hard to gauge what superstars really are now a days.

With that being said, Dirk is EASILY better than Jordan right now. Jordan is still a threat because he was so damn good but there is NO WAY on gods green earth anyone with a brain would start a team now and take Jordan before Dirk. Hell I think even JORDAN would take Take before he took himself.
Old 06-01-2002, 03:26 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

NEETS point was currently...not legacy. Deja insists on screwing up every thread by twisting everything. But your post is very good.
Old 06-01-2002, 03:48 PM   #14
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Never, and never will be....... >>

Apparently, Deja-Vu is Miss Cleo, now.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 04:15 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

I bet that will be the next username...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 07:56 PM   #16
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Oh Yes- Dirk is better than Jordan right now- along with about 8-10 others..But as far as getting better than Jordan was- no one in his right mind will argue that- I hope not anyway. Kobe is the only one I personally think can even come close- and before you get all crazy- i said CLOSE- not as well or better than...

Kobe is special...
Old 06-01-2002, 10:34 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Kobe is very intelligent too. I heard he knows Greek, Spanish, English, and Italian. Impressive. But he still is a punkassbitch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 10:38 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm glad MJ is coming back..i always enjoy watching him play
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

I enjoy MJ as much as anyone I guess. But I do wish he would retire. How cool would it have been for that last second shot in the last game of the Championships to have been how he left the game? It was perfect and the comebacks have screwed that up. Maybe there is some magic left in that old body. I hope so.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:46 PM   #20
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe licks his lips too much in the course of regular conversation -- he thinks he is LL Cool J or something. He's a prissy kid that grew up overseas, he tries to act street and that's why I don't like him, I think, is because I'm a white kid from Hamilton, Texas and I could probably pull off the street-ness better than him. He's a dork.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 10:47 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

He just has that punk look to him IMO. I dunno why I don't like him.
Old 06-02-2002, 05:04 PM   #22
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I disagree 100% with Rylan. Kobe doesnt try to look or act &quot;street&quot; as you call it. He is very comfortable with himself and is just being himself. I dont understand why people cant just deal with the fact that is he still a young man, but has his head on the right way. I think he is just too good at this age and people cant deal with it- instead they try to pick apart whatever so-called flaw they can find....JMHO
Old 06-02-2002, 05:38 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Kobe is pompous. I think he would be accepted more readily on a national level if he was a little more humble. But he is damn good athletically and he is very intelligent.
Old 06-02-2002, 05:40 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

kobe's head is bigger than his game..that's saying alot when you consider he's one of the top 3-4 players in the NBA
Old 06-03-2002, 08:41 AM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

Kobe licks his lips too much in the course of regular conversation -- he thinks he is LL Cool J or something.

Lol Rhylan... I've said it before, I can't stand Kobe but he is an AMAZING player.. Definately one of the best in the NBA and probably the best at his position. However it would be hard for me to consider Kobe on Jordan's level because he plays with Shaq...
Old 06-03-2002, 08:43 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

kobe isn't on jordan's level..that's the biggest reason why it's hard to put him there thekid
Old 06-03-2002, 12:43 PM   #27
TheKid
Diamond Member

No I KNOW he's not on his level now, however I keep hearing people saying he'll be on his level at some point in his career. I'm just saying if Kobe goes on to win another 4 championships, or even if his numbers mimic Jordan's as long as he's with Shaq I personally couldn't put him on that level even then.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:55 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

i see your point thekid, but i dont' think kobe's numbers will ever mimic jordan's..
Old 06-03-2002, 02:14 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Let's see what showbe can do without Shaq before we exalt him as Jordan-esque. My guess is that showbe will be exposed as a very good player but not Jordan class.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:12 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

JORDAN MAY NOT RETURN NOW!!!!! He has decided against the knee surgery and is pondering his future.

here is the link.