Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-10-2022, 05:27 PM   #1
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Lol the problem for the Wiz is that Beal doesn't have to sign a max contract. He has a player option, and while we haven't seen someone turn down a max for the extra year and money, it wouldn't shock me. I mean, Beal hasn't even seen some of the success Portland has and Damian Lillard and that situation might be the best comparison. He could see where Dame is in that decision and think no thanks.

Not concerned with Dinwiddie and Bertans shooting numbers. Dinwiddie likely forced more shots up given that roster and Bertans will get way better looks. We will see.

Either way, the flexibility is key. Let's just say my thoughts about Beal are true. I could easily see an offseason where we sign Beal and then sign and trade Brunson to the Pacers for Myles Turner.

Dinwiddie
Beal
Luka
DFS
Turner

Never know, that's just one possible scenario, but shows what the FO might be thinking as far as beyond this season.
Can't see the Pacers wanting to move Turner after trading Sabonis.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:54 PM   #2
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Can't see the Pacers wanting to move Turner after trading Sabonis.
You just gotta hope they love THJ
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:46 AM   #3
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Similar views to others here. Don't think this currently makes the Mavs better, and likely hurts them this year. Might be better if Bertrans gets out of his shooting slump. Dinwiddie I don't think is going to chance much this year (happy to be proven wrong!)--strikes me as injury issues. Might be similar to what Ezekiel Elliott had--not enough to keep him from playing, but definitely bad enough it was highly noticeable how it impacted him. If still here next year, maybe he's more recovered from his ACL. Even if he becomes totally healthy, strikes me as a lesser Jalon Brunson, at more money than Mavs were likely to be will to spend to sign him. Could be a better defender.

Seems like what we really did was trade 1 bad contract on an injured player for another. I guess the plus in that is that the contract we got back is a lot smaller, and hence potentially easier to deal. Bertrans could become a good player (have to think a change in scenery might help with his shooting yips), but still a bad contract---that's too much to pay for someone who is basically there to shoot threes.

Which makes me wonder if maybe doctors are telling Mavs FO that KP's injury issues are not only going to continue, but likely get worse, and they just decided needed to dump him for whatever they could get back. If that's the case, need to factor in what might have been the case if they didn't trade him.

Time will tell, on all these things. The one positive is that the Mavs were playing well without him (although perhaps not coincidental that they lost to two of the leagues worst teams right after he went out). So, maybe not really a downside, either.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:32 AM   #4
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

I will miss Bubble KP!
Lestat_1795 is online now   Reply With Quote