Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-07-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road
Default Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Wow, they lost their first game of the season already. I guess the writing was on the wall after the Bucks game (and then last night's Spurs game). Of course, the Hornets were clicking on all cylinders in order to win this game (PJ Brown 7-7 from the field?), but still, it was a blowout. I'm quite surprised, I thought the Lakers would win ten in row or so before they'd lose. I guess the prayers have been answered [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

[Edited: Title]
Old 11-07-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Thank you God....
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:15 AM   #3
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Awful game, though not surprising after last night's double OT on the road and then this game less than 24 hours afterwards on the road against a hot team like the Hornets.

Defense was really lacking. Not much else to say. Though, starters got a lot of rest, I wonder if PJ just didn't care about this game. That would piss me off.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:57 AM   #4
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: thebac
Wow, they lost their first game of the season already. I guess the writing was on the wall after the Bucks game (and then last night's Spurs game). Of course, the Hornets were clicking on all cylinders in order to win this game (PJ Brown 7-7 from the field?), but still, it was a blowout. I'm quite surprised, I thought the Lakers would win ten in row or so before they'd lose. I guess the prayers have been answered [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Pray to God cause the Mavs don't have a shot at beating the Lakers or even getting out of the second round. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Keep hope alive!

I don't think God/Allah could handle Shaq in the paint so the point is moot.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:17 AM   #5
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Wow, they lost their first game of the season already...
Implosion is only seconds away. They´ll go on a ten game losing streak [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:22 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fidel
Quote:
Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Wow, they lost their first game of the season already...
Implosion is only seconds away. They´ll go on a ten game losing streak [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Yep they better definitely trade Shaq and Kobe. And fire that bum of a coach Phil Jackson. Time to blow up the team and try for the #1 lottery pick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #7
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I'm not surprised they lost. Its only the Hornets and they're sitting on a good lead in the standings anyway.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:45 PM   #8
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Thank you New Orleans. I'm glad I didnt have to hear any "will the Lakers go 15-0 and start better than the Mavs last year?" comments.
Old 11-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #9
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

took em long enough...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you Nawlins, you knocked off the only team that hadn't lost yet. This makes the Mavericks at 500...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]...not look so bad. Good thing almost every other playoff team is struggling as well.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #11
thebac

Lakers on their first losing streak, as MEM knocks them off, 105-95. LAL with 27 Turnovers! Nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Great to see that the Mavs aren't the only ones struggling to adjust (in addition to SAC, SAN, MIN).
Old 11-10-2003, 10:47 PM   #12
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95 and Grizzlies, 105-95

Quote:
Lakers on their first losing streak, as MEM knocks them off, 105-95. LAL with 27 Turnovers! Nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Great to see that the Mavs aren't the only ones struggling to adjust (in addition to SAC, SAN, MIN).
Only listened to the game on radio but the announcers stated that the Grizz put alot of full court pressure on the Lakers. With 27 TO's sure sounds like they succeded.

Looking at the Lakers victories, I would only consider the win over the Suns a quality win. The other teams just sucked or, in the case of SA, were short handed.

Hopefully Payton will find his grove and Kobe will get back into shape and start playing some better D.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #13
thebac

Oops, they revised the box score, the Lakers apparently had "only" 23 TO's. Sorry about that.

Either way, the beginning of the season probably isn't too meaningful. Thanks for not considering the victoryover the Mavs a quality win, WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2003, 09:44 AM   #14
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

This NBA season is really looking ugly, I hope it starts to shape up, or it's going to be a LOOOONNNGGGG season.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #15
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Oops, they revised the box score, the Lakers apparently had "only" 23 TO's. Sorry about that.

Either way, the beginning of the season probably isn't too meaningful. Thanks for not considering the victoryover the Mavs a quality win, WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Lakers home court vodoo against the Mavs doesn't really count. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, it seems like the Mavs are second only to the T-Wolves in terms of growing/learning pains. Most teams don't truely gel until Mid-December, at least that's what I keep saying to myself..........over and over and over again.......

Old 11-11-2003, 11:41 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: WayOutWest
Quote:

Lakers home court vodoo against the Mavs doesn't really count. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, it seems like the Mavs are second only to the T-Wolves in terms of growing/learning pains. Most teams don't truely gel until Mid-December, at least that's what I keep saying to myself..........over and over and over again.......
I would say that league wide there seem to be a great deal more teams that usual with slow starts at jelling.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:26 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The Pistons are holding their own tonight. Lakers are up 74, 73 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The Lakers been outrebounded 32, 20 and Kobe is only 3 for 12. Wallace has 12 boards all by his lonesome.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:03 PM   #18
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95 and Grizzlies, 105-95

Lakers lose 3rd straight on the road.

They get banged on the boards 47-26!!!

How does that happen when Shaq and Malone combine for 72 minutes?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:09 PM   #19
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Lakers lose 3rd straight on the road.

They get banged on the boards 47-26!!!

How does that happen when Shaq and Malone combine for 72 minutes?
The road is a tough place for old geezers. Lets face it, Malone, Payton, and Shaq are getting up there in age and their bones are starting to creak. Not to mention that Kobe is still sweating a rape charge. You gotta love it.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:15 PM   #20
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure in Kobe's post-game interview he'll reitorate that its "no big deal" and "only one game".

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 11-18-2003, 10:37 PM   #21
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

BTW, was Shaq fat last year or what? I had forgotten how large he was.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 07:15 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers lose....and once again God's smiles on my life....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #23
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
How could the Lakers lose today if they didn't play? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:44 PM   #24
WayOutWest
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Quote:
How could the Lakers lose today if they didn't play? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

They're a little slow in these parts...........

Old 11-20-2003, 11:38 PM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When I read it, I just assumed he was referring to the Piston loss. You know the one where the Lakers were outrebounded, outscored, out-blocked and err....outplayed.

It seemed like a logical conclusion.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:47 PM   #26
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

When I read it, I just assumed he was referring to the Piston loss. You know the one where the Lakers were outrebounded, outscored, out-blocked and err....outplayed.
Reminds me of the Mavs season opener. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 12:09 AM   #27
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
Reminds me of the Mavs season opener. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

No, the Lakers actually played pretty impressive basketball in their season opener against the Mavs. But it will soon remind you of December 4, 2003

(BTW, I know what you meant, its just not what you said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Edited because I have a strict "one emoticon per post" rule