Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future
Default Sonics @ Mavericks: 7/2/08 - 9:30PM CST

Today the Mavs will face the Sonics. I don't expect an easy game due to Seattle's win against Denver yesterday, which will give them a lot of confidence (as well as the Mavs will get their share after the win against the Suns). But I'm sure that Dallas will win this game and get closer to the playoffs. Mavs up by 8
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What is happening right now?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Wow...time flies...I didnt know that it was July already?
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Not only are the Mavericks not playing the Sonics tonight, and not only is it not 7/2/08, but there is not one single NBA game tonight at all. Tonight is reserved for college ball.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

good luck to the OK Sonics against the defending champs tonight!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

lol.

As for the Tuesday game, I'm not gonna let Denver's Sunday performance trick me into thinking this will be a difficult game. We play much better defense than Denver, and Seattle is 6-31 on the road.

Comfortable win, and hopefully Dirk will only have to play 20-25 minutes. hell maybe we should gamble and sit Dirk out because we can beat the Sonics regardless
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi
Today the Mavs will face the Sonics. I don't expect an easy game due to Seattle's win against Denver yesterday, which will give them a lot of confidence (as well as the Mavs will get their share after the win against the Suns). But I'm sure that Dallas will win this game and get closer to the playoffs. Mavs up by 8
this is painful. you should be stricken with an infectious disease for this.

may the basketball gods curse you. may the skull of roy tarpley bite you in the arse.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
wow.. just wow...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

we could always dress him up and start without him and see how it goes. or play him 5 minutes and then only when the sonics come within 5.
the game is on april 8th though.not second of july or 7th of feb....

Last edited by Lor20; 04-07-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

go mvas~~~~
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

yes, thx, I just noticed the college games today, my fault... talking about the numbers, I just made an error with the date. but nice to know that some of you are so perfect and would never do a mistake in writing...

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-07-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...made a mistake with the date.
....and the time.

but you got the team right.

so, that's like 33%.

that's not bad if you're shooting contested threes.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the GDT for the Suns game was started a day early as well.

So the mistakes aside, assuming we win tomorrow perhaps we should continue the practice until we lose.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

And you got a 3 star rating for this thread! That's much more than most of the threads created around here.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

my hopes for a mavs game were prematurely raised

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #16
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
wow.. just wow...
This thread needs more Wraith.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I knew a guy that lived in tomorrow land. Maybe Sportudi is from 2-days-from-now land.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #18
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Let's just not pull a Denver.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

you idiot. negative rep from me, for being a moron and botching the thread. also who shows the date as 7-2-2008. you suck

and here you go....

MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #20
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

link?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #21
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Where in the hell is everybody tonight?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #22
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Got the win this one! should be an easy one
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #23
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
yes, thx, I just noticed the college games today, my fault... talking about the numbers, I just made an error with the date. but nice to know that some of you are so perfect and would never do a mistake in writing...
You made an error with the date AND time.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs kicked ASS!!! tonight. 523-0.. The other team just never showed up, never.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #25
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Well, the GDT for the Suns game was started a day early as well.

So the mistakes aside, assuming we win tomorrow perhaps we should continue the practice until we lose.
I can't remember which game it was, but I started an important GDT a day early on accident and the board members almost lost their minds... but we won. You might be onto something.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

For you dirka....
Old 04-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I can't remember which game it was, but I started an important GDT a day early on accident and the board members almost lost their minds... but we won. You might be onto something.
That was the Golden State game on January 2.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #28
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Sweet!

That was the Golden State game on January 2.
Oh Don't get me started on that again. I refer to what happened on that day as "Black Wednesday"...It was an awful, awful day.

just kidding. But, don't ever let it happen again, or i'll have to beat you to death with your own shoes.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #29
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Oh Don't get me started on that again. I refer to what happened on that day as "Black Wednesday"...It was an awful, awful day.

just kidding. But, don't ever let it happen again, or i'll have to beat you to death with your own shoes.
hey, we won the game! what are you complaining about?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

actually... we won this game too... so thanks Sportstudi. We couldn't-a done it without ya.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #31
MavsX
Diamond Member

yeah i dont know. i think i just wanted to use the "beat you to death with your own shoes" quote.