Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-19-2001, 12:16 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs will never make it to the championship series with juwan howard starting... he needs to be a sixth man, because he cannot and will not play defense
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2001, 01:09 PM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I knew it wouldn't be long before I heard that from somewhere.... So I'm going to bite on the line you put out there. As you know, I agree that Juwan would be pretty good for our lineup coming off the bench, I think he's the best we have right now. No one else has stepped up and shown me that they should be in front of him, so I don't see why we need to replace him just yet.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:19 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

of course we don't replace him until we have someone that can meet the mavs needs better than he can..
of course.
i just wanted to start juwan hating as soon as possible.. just getting ready for the season, that's all

you have to remember, i've been posting at that pathetic dallasbasketball.com board for awhile.. and that's a pathetic place to post anything about sports

so, i'm just happy to back in the swing of things
Old 10-19-2001, 01:26 PM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

I see... I think on another board I found ONE person who hates Juwan as much as you do.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:50 PM   #5
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

they are probably one and the same. Murphy3 = LAllen. He is a famous Juwan hata. Really though, the guy that would replace Juwan would be tough to come by. I would like to see McDyess, or a healthy Kenyon Martin in there. We are stuck with Juwan for a little while. Unless Donnell Harvey miraculously finds offense that is.
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 02:45 PM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

Like I said, I don't think it's terrible. I agree with Murph that I would like to see Juwan come off the bench. However now that we have Manning, Juwan probably wouldn't be as important off the bench as he is in the starting lineup.
Old 10-19-2001, 02:50 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< they are probably one and the same. Murphy3 = LAllen. He is a famous Juwan hata. Really though, the guy that would replace Juwan would be tough to come by. I would like to see McDyess, or a healthy Kenyon Martin in there. We are stuck with Juwan for a little while. Unless Donnell Harvey miraculously finds offense that is. >>

We don't need offense from Harvey though. We need him to rebound and that's what he can do.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 04:20 PM   #8
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

We don't need offense from Donnell. But the point of this thread is that Juwan doesn't provide the level of defense and rebounding at the 4 that we need to compete for a championship. The type of guys that are tough rebounders and defenders aren't usually the type of player that Nellie would use in his system. He wants guys that can play several positions and create mismatches. I guess my point is that there aren't that many players out there who would fit in Nelson's system and also provide what Juwan lacks, plus some of his offense. K. Martin, Antonio McDyess, Garnett, Duncan, David Robinson those type of guys are pretty hard to come by. I am not sure yet if Donnell can be that type of player either.
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 07:28 PM   #9
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

---they are probably one and the same. Murphy3 = LAllen.---

I don't think TheKid was referring to murphy. I think he was referring to a certain juwan hater on mavstalk.com. There is a guy named juwansucks, yet everyone else on that board refers to him as moronmavsman. He is the worst poster ever. I just hope he doesn't find this forum.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 07:34 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< I just hope he doesn't find this forum. >>

You don't have to worry about that here. I'll take care of it. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 07:54 PM   #11
PeterVecseyisdumb

Cool. I really missed this forum. This is really the only forum where you can have in-depth conversations about the mavs, without having to deal with any posters who just like to cause trouble.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:54 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

i don't think juwan sucks..i just think that the mavs need a guy that can play some defense, rebound and throw in 10 points a game at that spot..and juwan could come off of the bench..
but, since they don't have someone that can do that yet..maybe harvey in the future.. so, the mavs and juwan will do nicely enough for now
Old 10-19-2001, 10:07 PM   #13
PeterVecseyisdumb

I didn't say you said juwan sucks. I was referring to a guy on another board whose screename is &quot;juwansucks&quot;.
Old 10-20-2001, 01:22 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

oh, i know..if i would have thought that you were putting words into my mouth, i would have had reeds tear you a new a**hole
Old 10-20-2001, 04:11 AM   #15
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Not again...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 12:41 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

calm down mavs.exit..we're just being sarcastic, having a little fun, and glad to be back..trust me, there's no hard feelings anywhere on this board
Old 10-22-2001, 11:20 AM   #17
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Ok...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 08:54 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

look for egos to be pushed aside and for juwan to get less playing time as the season wears on....i can see him playing 27-30 minutes a game (still a good amount of minutes) but i don't see him getting the 32-35 that he probably wants...i'm seeing manning and griffin taking away from his minutes.
look for griffin and dirk to on the floor alot this year..this will cut into juwan's time along with manning getting his 15 minutes a game as well..this will also allow the mavs to get dirk and fin a bit more rest..griffin and manning will be huge pickups this year
Old 10-24-2001, 10:46 AM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Defensive Intensity
Old 10-24-2001, 11:34 AM   #20
GAdornato

GAdornato is on a distinguished road

Hmmm...

Thinking that Juwan gets more like 36-38 a game. The problem with cutting his minutes is the lack of anyone to spell Bradley. Staff seems clear that EE's not an answer, so Juwan and Dirk have to be on the court big minutes.

Harvey is good, but not yet ready for 20 a game, IMHO.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Before the game, I’m standing there with Del Harris and just mentioned how special it is to be in this situation, in the arena full of people, the excitement of the game and nobody’s gonna die. It’s kind of like a gladiators’ experience. - Don Nelson
GAdornato is offline   Reply With Quote