Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2001, 11:26 PM   #41
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Trent will be a sign & trade. Even though things did not work out with the Mavs, he had a wink-wink agreement with the team and Nellie has too much loyalty to his players to not reward Trent. Also, if the Mavs do not take care of Trent, they will start a war with agents (and the agents run the league).

Trent has a lot of value to the Mavs. He has his Bird rights, thus his salary can be matched to whatever player the Mavs target as a sign and trade.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2001, 11:29 PM   #42
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I want to like Trent, but he has really come back soft this year. Every time he gets on the court, he either misses his shot, turns the ball over, or fouls someone. I don't see getting much for him. I hate see us give him a big contract, but I agree that Nellie "owes" him for sticking around during the really tuff times.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 09:21 PM   #43
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

i don't think strick will take anywhere near the max we got. I just think he liked the dallas enviornemnt
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote