Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texas Longhorns - Road to the National Championship Thread!

Opened the season ranked #2 in the nation behind USC.
Oklahoma is the weakest its been in 5 years with most of their starters on both sides of the ball graduating.

Vince Young looks great running AND throwing the football

Game 1:
vs La Lafayette @ halftime 39-3

Go Longhorns!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Longhorns - Road to the National Championship Thread!

They do look good, don't they? I'll forgive them if they follow the baseball team & win the championship right after I graduated. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hook em!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

game over 60-3

Texas: 1-0
Oklahoma: 0-1

A&M down in the 3rd quarter

Contact Me
Old 09-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Texas Longhorns - Road to the National Championship Thread!

This thread DEFINES Premature Ejocularity.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
alby
Guru

clemson beats a&m by one with a game winning field goal with time running out..

Big 12 South

UT: 1-0
OU: 0-1
A&M: 0-1

we have a big game next week against Ohio State

Contact Me
Old 09-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't A&M go for two on their final TD? The extra point only put them up by two...why not go for two?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Good question murph. It appears Coach Fran got outcoached or was just stupid.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #8
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

the road to the national championship dies a week from today.
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Does the road to the UT championship pass through In-Your-Dreams-Ville?

I'm just wondering.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:57 AM   #10
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

It's a shame the Big 12 SUCKS so bad. Texas can WALK to the MNC.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:07 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I was getting ready to reply--until I realized how insignificant Arkansas is, in every major sport!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:09 AM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
How would that be any different than SC running through the Pac-10 every year?

Old 09-04-2005, 02:19 AM   #13
bgantz

Let's see, in a stadium that is equally divided and holding 71,000 people, texas can't grow the balls big enough to beat oklahoma at least once the last 5 years; knowing full well that OU was probably not better than them all five years. Yet they are going to ohio stadium comprised of 100,000 rabid fans who are all cheering for ohio state without the luxury of a split-fans stadium, and they will win? Good luck with all that. Michigan's defense ain't Ohio State's defense, and Jim Tressell will have Mack Browns skirt flapping in the wind and his panties in a wad. At least we can hear brown "apologize to all texas fans."
Old 09-04-2005, 02:38 AM   #14
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
How would that be any different than SC running through the Pac-10 every year?
The Pac-10 is the only conference to place two teams in the top 10 of the final AP poll the past five seasons and leads all conferences with six BCS wins in that span.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:58 AM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Pac-10 is the only conference to place two teams in the top 10 of the final AP poll the past five seasons and leads all conferences with six BCS wins in that span.
in 2003 Washington State (#15) was the only other Pac-10 school to finish in the top 38...North Texas finished 38th by the way.

Last year everybody thought Cal was a quality Pac 10…then in the Holiday Bowl Texas Tech knocked on the door, Cal answered and Tech handed them their asses.

I'm going to stick by my statement that SC has benefited from playing in a weak conference these past couple of years. Not saying that they haven't been the best team in the nation but there’s less chance for and upset if they have a bad week.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:36 AM   #16
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
in 2003 Washington State (#15) was the only other Pac-10 school to finish in the top 38...North Texas finished 38th by the way.
Actually WSU finished #9 that year in the AP.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:53 AM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

You're right, the poll I'm looking at is pre bowl season and they beat Texas that year. Still, the fact remains that it hasn't been a very deep conference the past couple of years as teams like Washington and UCLA have been down.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:16 AM   #18
alby
Guru

I also feel the Pac-10 has not been as deep or as good as the Big-12 in recent years, but that doesn't discount the fact that USC has been the best team in the country without question during the last two years.

side note: i keep watching your sig over and over mavs413

Contact Me
Old 09-04-2005, 04:39 AM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I was getting ready to reply--until I realized how insignificant Arkansas is, in every major sport!
And a testament to that? One of the "middle-of-the-road" SEC teams has consistently beaten one of the top 2 Big 12 teams the last few times they've played...as in, the last 10 years. UT, nor OU would have the cakewalk they have now if they played in the SEC. Care to dispute that?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:03 AM   #20
alby
Guru

no argument here.

Contact Me
Old 09-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I really appreciate Longhorn fandom.... however I would appreciate even more if those fellow fans wouldn't tempt fate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

So early in the Football season also.

It was Louisiana Lafayette. And the majority of the players probably had more on their minds than trying to win an un-winable game.

We have a real chance of getting our butts handed to us next week.

Let's *at least* wait until after that game before any proclamations are made for National Championships. Actually, I think it would be best to wait until October 9th, given our history in that annual game.

But..... Hook em'.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, i thought my cajuns had a chance...

as for A&M, horrible decision not to go for 2. a monkey could have made the right decision.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #23
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I really appreciate Longhorn fandom.... however I would appreciate even more if those fellow fans wouldn't tempt fate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

So early in the Football season also.

It was Louisiana Lafayette. And the majority of the players probably had more on their minds than trying to win an un-winable game.

We have a real chance of getting our butts handed to us next week.

Let's *at least* wait until after that game before any proclamations are made for National Championships. Actually, I think it would be best to wait until October 9th, given our history in that annual game.

But..... Hook em'.
im a longhorn fan, i overreact when things are going good =P

Contact Me
Old 09-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #24
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Hook 'em! I went to Texas A&M University in Commerce and then to Baylor, but I have always bled burnt orange!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:10 PM   #25
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I still think aTm will give UT their biggest challenge this season...But other than that, I see no reason they can't at least run the table in the Big 12.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Joey
Hook 'em! I went to Texas A&M University in Commerce and then to Baylor, but I have always bled burnt orange!
That's just sacreligious.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
It's ok Doc...My dad went to A&M, but he bleeds Baylor green.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

See murph...that's a case of God intervening on a poor souls behalf.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #29
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
It's ok Doc...My dad went to A&M, but he bleeds Baylor green.
was he smoking the green too? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Old 09-05-2005, 03:23 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Watch it alby....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

a quick question about a recently drafted grad: Is DJ going to start for KC?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
a quick question about a recently drafted grad: Is DJ going to start for KC?
Is he going to start...he's running that defense. From Peter King:

1. Derrick Johnson, LB, Kansas City. I've seen him practice twice and he has the best speed for a linebacker I've seen since Lawrence Taylor. I think he's going to be not good, but great.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #33
alby
Guru

im sure its a big reason why they dropped fujita right?

Contact Me
Old 09-10-2005, 01:10 AM   #34
alby
Guru

No. 2 Texas at No. 4 Ohio State (8 p.m. ET, Sat., ABC)

dont miss this game.

Contact Me
Old 09-10-2005, 02:21 AM   #35
bgantz

two words: anthony gonzalez, texas going to show a lot of attention to ginn, and rightfully so. and they will guard santonio holmes with cedric griffin, look for gonzalez to get some open passes.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:37 AM   #36
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Ohio State by 10. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #37
alby
Guru

Notre Dame vs Michigan on right now.

don't miss this game.

Contact Me
Old 09-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby

don't miss this game.
....much more interested in tennis....
Old 09-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #39
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: alby

don't miss this game.
....much more interested in tennis....
same

Contact Me
Old 09-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #40
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

nm