Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I want Laird gone. Immediately. Salty is ready to go and I love his enthusiasm. I wish they'd let him play everyday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I want Laird gone. Immediately. Salty is ready to go and I love his enthusiasm. I wish they'd let him play everyday.
id like salty to play everyday 2 but laird has actually been very decent this year.

and wow does scott feldman look different. who knew he could touch 95???
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
id like salty to play everyday 2 but laird has actually been very decent this year.

and wow does scott feldman look different. who knew he could touch 95???
Yeah I'm not saying cut him. Just trade him already.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I'm not saying cut him. Just trade him already.
yeah. id imagine the yankees have cooled quite a bit on kennedy and they really need a catcher. id look at what more than laird it would take to get him. then again that would probably take quite a bit of time to work out so id just go for a B- to B+ prospect and be done with it.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #45
Five-ofan
Guru

one other thing, i LOVE the hamilton boggs murphy outfield. 3 guys who could play center and have arms that could play in right. its the best defensive outfield in baseball. the rangers havent had a great defensive outfield in a long time.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #46
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yeah it is fun to watch. I'm not expecting much from Boggs though. It would be way too much to ask for to have two different OF's completely out produce their minor league numbers in the majors.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Yeah it is fun to watch. I'm not expecting much from Boggs though. It would be way too much to ask for to have two different OF's completely out produce their minor league numbers in the majors.
i trust him more than murphy. his minor league numbers were actually alot better than murphys once he got to the higher minors. he improved at every level to the point he was an 860 or so ops guy if i remember correctly in double/triple a.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

why isnt salty pinch hitting here????
Old 05-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

game over, i just dont see how you let laird hit in that circumstance with cat and salty available to pinch hit.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #50
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

So, that whole ordeal was stupid. Whoever that guy for Seattle is should be sent back to the minors. There was NO reason to charge the mound.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #51
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Diavlo
So, that whole ordeal was stupid. Whoever that guy for Seattle is should be sent back to the minors. There was NO reason to charge the mound.
Even worse is that Gabbard can now not throw a strike. That'll screw a guy up, getting a helmet thrown at you for no reason.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Sexson is such a sissy. Charge the mound over a pitch that is directly over the plate, and then throw your batting helmet at the pitcher that is a foot shorter than you.

Dumbass.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #53
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of thought last night was shades of the old times.

Hit players after a HR. Return message. Benches clearing. Chin music to a guy 6'8".

Fun old school baseball. Man I miss it, not that I was ever good enough to get to the pro level, but man that reminded me of days gone by.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #54
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The thing is, it wasn't even chin music. Watch the replay and watch where the ball is. It's right over the middle of the plate.

And thrownig your helmet is certainly not old school. It's girly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #55
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing is, it wasn't even chin music. Watch the replay and watch where the ball is. It's right over the middle of the plate.

And thrownig your helmet is certainly not old school. It's girly.
Funny thing is, I never ever made it to the mound when I played.

I never dropped my bat when I charged, and someone always tackled me just short of the mound, because if I went, I had intentions of using that bat. (actually only happened once)

Robin Ventura and Nolan still comes to mind every time I see someone charge though....LOL

I was watching that game, and I still laugh today.

Throwing the hat is not just girly, it is kind of stupid. Not much they can do to you if you keep it on. Taking it off allows them better aim at your head. It is for protection, and RS should have used it that way, instead of making himself a wuss. Just proof that he really isn't a fighter because he doesn't know what to do.

Of course I am of the opinion you only charge IF you are going to throw punches, because why else do it. If you go, then teams should have to be pulling you off the guy. If you can't do that, then why go?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Nolan vs. Robin

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:26 AM   #57
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

They've given up 1 run in the last 41 innings.

That's crazy, man.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #58
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

3 straight shut-outs. ??? Wha?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #59
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

rangers are en fuego.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #60
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

they need to give millwood a good game this next game.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 AM   #61
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
rangers are en fuego.
and it continues

Contact Me
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #62
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Josh Hamilton is just ridiculous right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #63
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

this weekend should be good 2 of the hottest hitters in the league face off.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #64
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

It'd be so much easier to enjoy Josh Hamilton's season if they hadn't given up 24 year old Pedro for him.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #65
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
It'd be so much easier to enjoy Josh Hamilton's season if they hadn't given up 24 year old Pedro for him.
Well then enjoy it, because they didn't.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #66
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
volquez will never be a consistently successful major league starter. the only person i can think of who has ever been successful as a starter for a long period of time with only a fastball and a changeup is glavine and he had insanely good control. volquez is still walking 5 per 9 innings and his babp is ridiculously low and his % runners stranded rate is insanely high(its 91%) for reference pedros career numbers are in the 70s. He also still struggles to get deep in games because of his control causing him to throw too many pitches.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #67
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
this weekend should be good 2 of the hottest hitters in the league face off.
You a rangers fan? If so, *punch in the face*.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #68
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
You a rangers fan? If so, *punch in the face*.
Hey, don't do that! Rangers fans punch themselves in the face every day already!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #69
antisticky

antisticky will become famous soon enough

I think judgment of the trade needs to wait more than 1.5 months into the season. Early returns are astoundingly good for both parties, but 48.1 IP (for Volquez) and 185 PAs (for Hamilton) are not large enough sample sizes to reasonably judge performance.

IMHO, if talent level and performance are even, which at this time is still debatable for Volquez/Hamilton, position players are inherently more valuable than pitchers.

# of games for a healthy position player: 162
# of starts for a healthy starting pitcher: 30 +/- 3

Last edited by antisticky; 05-14-2008 at 04:08 AM.
antisticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #70
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

goin for .500 today. go rangers!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #71
Five-ofan
Guru

josh hamilton is the best player in baseball at his position and legit superstar cfers are everybit as hard to find as aces. i dont think anyone will ever say volquez is the best pitcher in baseball. thats what makes it pretty much a no brainer imo.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #72
alby
Guru

tough loss today, Hamilton's misjudging that fly ball hurt.

We play the Stros this weekend, our chance for some DFW pride!

Contact Me
Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #73
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Feldman seems to have bad luck with Hamilton....
Old 05-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Josh Hamilton is currently on pace for over 160 RBI, while playing a very, very good defensive center fielder.

Wow.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #75
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

You cannot stop Josh Hamilton. You can only hope that he will eat your babies and not you.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #76
alby
Guru

Damnit, come on. When is this inning going to end

Contact Me
Old 05-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #77
alby
Guru

WO_OW!

Josh Hamilton is a f'ing machine.

Contact Me
Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #78
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Josh Hamilton - greatest baseball player you've ever seen?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #79
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Stupid Astros. Better win tomorrow.

Josh Hamilton greatest baseball player ever seen? Hardly. This is like the time when you get it on with a female, and at the end say "you are the best I have ever had". You know she wasn't. Just caught up in the moment.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #80
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Josh Hamilton - greatest baseball player you've ever seen?
He's making the hottest hitter in all of baseball look like an average joe. =]

Contact Me