Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-19-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default keon clark

Just heard cubes talking about keon clark and that sacremento cannot get rid of him now. I do remember a whole lot of fussing on this board about us not getting him. Questions:

1. Is it true that sacremento is trying to get rid of him?
2. Looking at the way he really didn't make a difference in the playoffs, do we still think that was a mistake??

Inquiring minds want to know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE: keon clark

I would love to have Keon. If we could get him I would not want to trade Nash this year.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:50 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was mad that we didn't go after Clark and that he ended up going to a rival. I got over it quick enough.

For whatever reason, he did not fit in with the Kings and was a no show in the playoffs. The Kings were hoping he'd opt out and they could go after someone else. He knows it and wasn't going to do that. Not sure if they'll be able to trade him or not.

Old 07-20-2003, 12:32 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i wasn't extremely upset with the mavs not going after keon clark..wasn't necessarily happy about it either.

but yeah, i might take a flyer on the guy if it were possible
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 03:57 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default keon clark

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 05:53 PM   #6
JoshHoward5

JoshHoward5 is on a distinguished road

Keon would be great for the Mavs. Even though his legs look like tooth picks!
JoshHoward5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #7
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default keon clark

Although Keon Clark got busted for Pot last summer, i think he did plenty well in the season for the number of minutes he got.

4 BPG per 48
12 RPG per 48

I don't know where he would fit, but he is worth going after with the defense he brings.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I NEVER wanted Keon here and to be honest I still don't. Not a significant upgrade for us.

Now if we are picking over Sacto spares, I might look at Jackson for the minimum.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default keon clark

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I NEVER wanted Keon here and to be honest I still don't. Not a significant upgrade for us

Now if we are picking over Sacto spares, I might look at Jackson for the minimum.....
There is a good chance that the Queens won't have the money to resign Jackson.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 08:06 PM   #10
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default keon clark

I don't think that alot of the Mavs front office really want him though.

I wen't to an elite basketball Mavs camp last year, and one of the executive GM's (Jim Guy) had very hard feelings about Kidd and Jackson, and said that Nellie and co. shared the same opinion.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:15 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default keon clark

I would hope the Mavs would sign the guys that are best fitted to win, previous pissing matches be damned. That said, it is always speculation on who would be those "best guys".
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:07 AM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Clark is raping the Kings right now. He was labeled as the "biggest free agent acquisition of the summer". Now, I think the Kings front office will agree that Clark is "the biggest disappointment of the summer". He is vastly overpaid, and even though his contract is short, it is crippling the Kings ability to get better this summer. Everyone in the West is improving (with the exception of the Mavs). Instead of Malone, Mourning, or Olowakandi, the Kings are stuck with a skinny center who can't rebound, defend, or score. Clarks lackluster season is further proof that the grass is not always greener. In reality, he'd probably have a tough time beating out a healthy Evan Eschmeyer for third string center here. Last year, people thought Keon was exactly what the Mavs needed: A big athletic BLACK center. But in truth Bradley is and always has been better than Keon Clark at every aspect of the game. And Bradley is our BACKUP center. We do not need this guy, and we do not need any journeyman center. If we seriously entertain the idea of signing every crappy player over 6'10", we will eventually have a roster resembling the Sonics - five terrible centers all making around $5mil a year. We've already made this mistake too many times in our history. The fact that the Kings in deperation made an egregious error in judgement by overpaying Clark should futher stike home the point that going hard after every third tier center that comes around just to get another body is a BIG mistake. The Kings are paying the price for their impatience. I do not want to stand in line to get burned.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:36 AM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default keon clark

You have to be kidding me. Clark would not have a difficult time beating out EE.

And I do think he would get minutes here. After all he got minutes on a pretty good Sactown team with Vlade and Polard.

I will agree with you that Bradley is better than Keon, though the numbers don't show an appreciable difference, but can't the Mavs use another decent big man even if it to give us a few extra fouls when Raef and Bradley get into trouble.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote