Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #281
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
It's not rare for me to catch myself checking my phone or something during most TV shows.. I did so many, many times during the season 5 premier of Game of Thrones.. but not during Bloodline. It is riveting television.
My fear is it will only last two seasons. There is a lot of resolution at the end of the first. You can see where they will go with the second, but anything after might end up a bit forced, like the latest season of House of Cards.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #282
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I too am looking forward to Man in the High Castle after watching the impressive pilot.
Justified and Bloodline are both on my list as I've heard such great things about them.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #283
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Bloodline is Netflix. Don't think they did the same thing with this show as Amazon is doing with their pilots. It has Sissy Spacek in it, so I assume they commited to the show up front.

I agree about Man in the High Castle. I think it was the only Amazon pilot I watched, and it was really good. I haven't read the book, so it really hurt when the pilot ended and I knew I would have to wait to see what happens next. I have become pathetically addicted to binge watching. I hate waiting a week now.
Oops, I must have confused it with Mad Dogs or one of the other pilots.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #284
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, Game of Thrones -- it's been a shaky season in spots, but tonight's episode was the best I've seen in a long time... Winter is finally coming!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-01-2015 at 01:56 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #285
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Just got hooked on Hannibal.

Dark, disturbing, but incredibly compelling. Could be the worst show in the world to binge on, it's amazing so you want another but after 2-3 episodes you are depressed and freaked out about humanity.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:37 AM   #286
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ahh, Game of Thrones -- it's been a shaky season in spots, but tonight's episode was the best I've seen in a long time... Winter is finally coming!
I actually think this has been one of the best seasons because I finally know what is going on. The story lines are a little more condensed and characters have much clearer missions.

...and come on, when that snake girl gets naked two episodes ago.....

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-01-2015 at 10:14 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #287
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Last night's game of thrones was my favorite of the season as well. No storyline in Dorne helped a lot as that's where the season has been weakest, for me.

USA has released online the entire one hour pilot of their new series Mr. Robot that begins late June.
I watched it and like it a lot, despite the presence of Christian Slater.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #288
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Last night's game of thrones was my favorite of the season as well. No storyline in Dorne helped a lot as that's where the season has been weakest, for me.

USA has released online the entire one hour pilot of their new series Mr. Robot that begins late June.
I watched it and like it a lot, despite the presence of Christian Slater.
Two episodes behind, but I completely agree that the Dorne/Sand Snakes storyline has been the single worst thing in the show. The Sand Snakes basically did nothing in the books, but I was hoping with a bigger role, they would be amazing. Unfortunately, they've been pretty bad.

Also, this season is pretty good, but so far weaker than the others. Apparently last night was amazing, so that may change my tune, but so far the only good things have been the brawl in Mereen and Olenna being a battleship.

1) Season 2
2) Season 4
3) Season 3
4) Season 1
5) Season 4
Old 06-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #289
bunkmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Two episodes behind, but I completely agree that the Dorne/Sand Snakes storyline has been the single worst thing in the show. The Sand Snakes basically did nothing in the books, but I was hoping with a bigger role, they would be amazing. Unfortunately, they've been pretty bad.

Also, this season is pretty good, but so far weaker than the others. Apparently last night was amazing, so that may change my tune, but so far the only good things have been the brawl in Mereen and Olenna being a battleship.

1) Season 2
2) Season 4
3) Season 3
4) Season 1
5) Season 5
Yeah, that ranking is pretty good. I have trouble remembering what happened in each season specifically, but I know I liked season 4 better than 5 so far. Though after last night, with a strong final two episodes, this season could end up being less disappointing.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 06-01-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #290
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This season has been pretty mediocre. I'm finding myself catching up on baseball scores during the episodes. Last night was better.. I suppose it was GoT meets Walking Dead.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:41 AM   #291
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody likes the Mark Cuban character on Silicon Valley? "I have a f*cking car whose doors open like this! Not like this! Or like this!" "I put radio on the Internet."
Old 06-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #292
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Last week we got the Ice. This week, the Fire. We should pause to recognize that for nearly five seasons we have been carried along by promises of things that have just now come to pass."

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-shireen/?_r=0
Amen to that.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #293
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Nobody likes the Mark Cuban character on Silicon Valley? "I have a f*cking car whose doors open like this! Not like this! Or like this!" "I put radio on the Internet."
Silicon Valley is one of the best things on TV. Comedy/drama that is fictional but the best documentary I've ever seen. Just perfect.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #294
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

GOT can be a quite cruel...

Old 06-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #295
Underdog

So, do we riot?

Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #296
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Silicon Valley has become one of the best things on TV. Loved this whole season.

Also, completely obsessed with Hannibal. Just finished seasons 1 and 2 on Prime. So amazing. Season three just started.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #297
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Silicon Valley has become one of the best things on TV. Loved this whole season.

Also, completely obsessed with Hannibal. Just finished seasons 1 and 2 on Prime. So amazing. Season three just started.
Mads and Dancy compliment each other so well. I believe when Hannibal first started, later that year Almost Human came and Urban and Ealy also had great chemistry together. Hannibal was probably my favorite new show since Dexter. And until Daredevil came out I thought it would be a while till I loved a new show as much as Hannibal.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:26 AM   #298
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Halt and Catch Fire is like a dramatic 80's version of Silicon Valley. The second season is better than the first so far, but I can't imagine there is enough of a market for it. The music is good.

I watched the Mr. Robot pilot. I'm definitely in. It reminds me of Dexter.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #299
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hannibal just got the axe.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #300
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Hannibal just got the axe.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #301
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

"The perfect shot" currently is on german public television. lol
Old 11-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #302
Underdog

Jessica Jones: the dark(est) side of Marvel.

Yep, the brand that brought you Captain America, Spider-Man and Rocket Raccoon also brings you parricide, oral sex and rape-baby abortions... You know, fun for the whole family!

The tone is probably closer to Hannibal than to Daredevil, so it's probably not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It helps that the characters are extremely fleshed-out, but it's also a lot funnier than Daredevil, thanks to Krysten Ritter's snarky performance. If you enjoy R-rated grimdark super hero stories in the vein of Watchmen, then you'll probably enjoy this show.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-23-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #303
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

SPOILER WALKING DEAD ALERT

Wow, Glen is still alive. Just glad to know that Walking Dead's writers have to resort to such gimmicks to keep people interested. :/

Old 11-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #304
Murphy3
Guru

The Man in the High Castle is worth a look.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #305
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Fargo is really good. Not quite as good as last season but still solid.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #306
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

No particular order because I just can't put it in a particular order and feel good about putting it in a particular order.

1) GOT
2) Better Call Saul
3) The Americans
4) Walking Dead
5) Silicon Valley
6) House of Cards - Only watched first 2 seasons. Heard season 3 is slow but picks up at the end and season 4 is back to a decent pace.
7) Fargo

7 is a prime number and a weird place to stop...

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 04-27-2016 at 09:09 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #307
bunkmoreland

My favorite tv currently on air (or in between seasons):

Tier 1:
GOT
Better Call Saul
The Americans
The Leftovers
Mr. Robot
House of Cards

Tier 2:
Marco Polo
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Bloodline
Penny Dreadful
Outlander
Narcos

There is a lot of great tv these days.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #308
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wolf Hall which is a masterpiece theater show is on Amazon Prime. Brilliant and great. Highly recommended.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #309
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
There is a lot of great tv these days.

Pretty much everything above and also strangely enjoying:
iZombie
Limitless
Alaskan Bush People
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #310
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i like izombie as well. I never watched Veronica Mars, but heard izombie is very similar. the cast really works well together.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #311
Murphy3
Guru

I really don't have a lot of time for TV between work, life and sports... but, I do watch

Bloodline
The Good Wife
Vikings
GoT
The Walking Dead
The Americans
The Blacklist
Jessica Jones
Daredevil
Mr. Robot
and
Better Call Saul

Tier 1
Better Call Saul - Maybe the best show on TV
The Americans
Bloodline
Mr. Robot

Tier 2
Game of Thrones - a solid show but a bit overrated as well. I think it's hurt be the social media coverage and too much info getting out about what's going to occur from season to season..episode to episode.
Dare Devil even though season 2 was a little hit or miss towards the end.
The Walking Dead....barely
Vikings ... barely... like The Walking Dead, it's getting a little too repetitive for me

Tier 3
Jessica Jones - really struggled towards the end of the season
The Blacklist - kinda keep watching it because it was good once upon a time and Spader is tremendous
The Good Wife - basically just playing out the string. I invested enough time into it that I might as well see how it ends.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-06-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #312
Underdog

Last edited by Underdog; 05-23-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #313
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #314
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bravo Game of Thrones. Bravo.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:10 AM   #315
Underdog

Little girl - 1
Littlefinger - 0

Old 06-27-2016, 01:11 AM   #316
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff I've enjoyed watching over the past couple of months:
Veep, Silicon Valley, The Night Manager, Fargo
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #317
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Light of the Seven song from GOT...so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFK0yG8xG5I

Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #318
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Light of the Seven song from GOT...so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFK0yG8xG5I
Yeah, the music in this episode stood out like no other episode of GoT. Very well done.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #319
bunkmoreland

That season finale may end up being my single favorite hour of television I've ever seen.
And yeah the music was amazing!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #320
Underdog