Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute
Default reputation

when someone gives you positive rep. how many points is that? what if they give you negative rep, does that take away points?

it says i have 316 points, what the hell does that mean? also i have 4 green square boxes next to my name, how many points equal a box?

thanks !
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'm not sure about the whole rep thing, I've asked about it before and wasn't able to get answers.

What I do know about it though is:

-You can get a max of 11 green boxes
-Positive rep gives you more points
-Negative rep takes some of the points away
-The more points or the longer you've been registered on ths site=more green boxes
-Points per rep varies per poster, for example someone like Doc or dude have max rep and a lot of posts and have been on the site for a long time so their positive reps for other ppl are worth more than someone who just registered.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-09-2006 at 06:25 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

makes sense, thanks my man
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

do the green boxes become harder to obtain the more that you get?

I got a new one every time in 100 point increments, and now that rule is shot after I hit 600 points and didnt get one....
Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
after I hit 600 points and didnt get one....
I think that has more to do with the fact that we know you are loser now...and before we just assumed it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

roger that
Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
roger that
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again."

funny

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

why dont you shoot me some of that rep...come on..i'll hit ya back..i swear...
Old 10-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Umm someone just gave me a Blue reputation.. wasn't green or red. What does that mean?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

it means your balls are going to fall off...sorry bro.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

damn!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
why dont you shoot me some of that rep...come on..i'll hit ya back..i swear...
asking for rep??? interesting...

I don't know what to think about that....

Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha....that blue means they are too weak (newbie) to matter. You either went up or down a very small amount. The comment or poster should clue you in to the intent. But your balls are probably going to fall off. Sike knows about these kinds of things.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

he may have a couple PhD's...but I know Dees Nuts!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I thought blue just meant Shaggydirk decided to rate you. Cause honestly, it's the only blue i've gotten.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Umm someone just gave me a Blue reputation.. wasn't green or red. What does that mean?

lol was it that new flamer we were talking to earlier in the Josh Howard thread?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
he may have a couple PhD's...but I know Dees Nuts!!!
When did Doc change his name to Dees ? or did you just mispell Docs?
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
asking for rep??? interesting...

I don't know what to think about that....

nah, i wasn't asking! the whole time i was thinking about that scene from wedding crashers..when vaughn and owens talk about "spreading some of the miles, their way", remeber that in the opening scene, he talks about throwing some miles their way or something....i thought it was funny...

funny like the blue rep i got today..and the fact that my balls are going to fall off..ahhhhhhhhhh!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yes I also got the blue rep today.

But i know the rep I gave to him was red....

and I bet doc gave him so red rep too....and you know those hurt.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

Why is everyone getting blue rep all of a sudden.. I didn't know there was such a thing
Old 10-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why is everyone getting blue rep all of a sudden.. I didn't know there was such a thing
Cuz credit is retaliating for negative reps he's gotten, so we are getting blue negative reps meaning since he's a mewbie they are only a few negative points.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
do the green boxes become harder to obtain the more that you get?

I got a new one every time in 100 point increments, and now that rule is shot after I hit 600 points and didnt get one....
Yeah, I've found this to be true as well. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or not.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

I got the blue rep from a guy named "Darke" who has been registered here since 2004 lol

Odd
Old 10-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I got the blue rep from a guy named "Darke" who has been registered here since 2004 lol

Odd
Same here. I think it's blue cuz he doesn't have many posts.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #25
fluid.forty.one

Yeah but who is this Darke guy who has come out of the woodworks to silently aide credit? Makes no sense to me.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah but who is this Darke guy who has come out of the woodworks to silently aide credit? Makes no sense to me.
I think it's positive rep, but I'm not sure. If it is negative I have absolutley no idea.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
When did Doc change his name to Dees ? or did you just mispell Docs?
hahahaha...oh wait...you homo.

hahahaha
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
when someone gives you positive rep. how many points is that? what if they give you negative rep, does that take away points?

it says i have 316 points, what the hell does that mean? also i have 4 green square boxes next to my name, how many points equal a box?

thanks !
Mavsx...You are such a moron, can't you even count. You have 5 green boxes. Damn....sometimes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It means creditx gave you bad rep, but he doesn't have enough "ahem" to get the job done.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-10-2006 at 08:49 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #30
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again."

funny
trying to give out rep just because someone laughed at your jokes?

That is effin patheti....er...i mean.....

FUNNY, GOOD ONE hahhahhhhaahahhah! You are hilarious, as always!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

that was mean

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-10-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
trying to give out rep just because someone laughed at your jokes?

That is effin patheti....er...i mean.....

FUNNY, GOOD ONE hahhahhhhaahahhah! You are hilarious, as always!
interesting. I guess I'll just bring some balance to the universe and skip this opportunity.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:49 AM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Mavsx...You are such a moron, can't you even count. You have 5 green boxes. Damn....sometimes.
yeah i dont want to brag, but NOW i got 5 green boxes...basically im just getting lots of cyber love from my homies..
Old 10-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #34
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Quote:
yeah i dont want to brag, but ...
...basically im just getting lots of cyber love from my homies..
Cyber love? From homies?

And you wanna air that in a public forum?!?!

You need to read what you write before you post it, dude...lol
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #35
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Cyber love? From homies?

And you wanna air that in a public forum?!?!

You need to read what you write before you post it, dude...lol
duuude.......im gay!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #36
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That would be me ^^

I'm from germany and I mostly read here - I seldom post something due to time issues (mostly).

I followed the.. let's call it "Against the wall: X-pe(r)t"-thread and had to give that guy negative rep, but after the first neg rep the board told me to spread rep around before I could neg-rep X-pet again. And that's the reason some of you who posted in that thread got some pos rep from me.
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:54 AM   #37
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke
That would be me ^^

I'm from germany and I mostly read here - I seldom post something due to time issues (mostly).

I followed the.. let's call it "Against the wall: X-pe(r)t"-thread and had to give that guy negative rep, but after the first neg rep the board told me to spread rep around before I could neg-rep X-pet again. And that's the reason some of you who posted in that thread got some pos rep from me.
genius, why dont you post a few words next time, so that we know your alive!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Silly MavsX....he stays in the Darke on purpose......

schwing!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #39
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Silly MavsX....he stays in the Darke on purpose......

schwing!
haha! wayne's world! wayne's world!!! PARTY time excellent.....
Old 10-18-2006, 07:30 AM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Blue reps add or subtract exactly zero points.

And not all 11-box reputations are equal, considering there are at least five different captions for them...
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote