Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default Dallas---Detroit

The Pistons are really struggling and there is no way they get back up with this team. They have to be looking to move some people and IMO they have a SG that would be perfect for the Mavs. I am talking about Rip. The Pistons probably want to get ris of some money so thye want guys that will save them money. Well how about this??

Josh
Gooden
Williams

for

Rip
K. Brown

(Brown is def. not my favorite guy, but 7 feet and can bang with some of the big guys we mite face)

...and from the Mavs side, I really wanna see Howard go. There could be possible other deals out there...but I think Rip is a really good player and would be perfect here.

Kidd/ JJ/ Jet
Rip/ Jet
Marion/ TT/ Singleton
Dirk/ Hump/ TT
Damp/ Brown
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

That really doesnt make us better.
Kwame is a slug.
We should be in the Talent Acquisition Business.
If we could ADD Rip...it helps.
Rip at the expense of JHo is a wash at best.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpb319 View Post
That really doesnt make us better.
Kwame is a slug.
We should be in the Talent Acquisition Business.
If we could ADD Rip...it helps.
Rip at the expense of JHo is a wash at best.

No, at SG it's not a wash. Maybe at SF it's a wash but I would rather have Rip playing the 2 for us.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

..and we dont really need someone that super talented behind Damp. Brown is def. a failure when it comes to the expectations, but he is 7 feet tall an can help a lot against guys like Bynum. He rebounds good enuff and can score here and there.

and if Marion can play that SF like hes supposed to, I think Rip at SG makes us better.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to see Josh play the 2 for us.
All offseason we heard about the lineup of JKidd, JHo, Matrix, Dirk, and Damp/Gooden.
JJ Berea has played well at times but I want to see if Josh can play the spot or not.

Again adding Richard Hamilton would be nice as long as we do not part with anyone who can play.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpb319 View Post
I'd like to see Josh play the 2 for us.
All offseason we heard about the lineup of JKidd, JHo, Matrix, Dirk, and Damp/Gooden.
JJ Berea has played well at times but I want to see if Josh can play the spot or not.

Again adding Richard Hamilton would be nice as long as we do not part with anyone who can play.
See thats the problem with most posters..they always want something for nothing. In this case Rip>> Josh IMO for this team and we get another usable back up C that would be perfect to match up against some of the big guys when Damp is sitting.

You have to give them something...and why not Josh?? If we cant get Boozer...then IMO we shuld be on the fone with the Pistons.

and we have been waiting on Josh for like 3 years now

Last edited by AO41; 01-07-2010 at 10:36 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Lakers got Gasol for nothing. Celtics got KG for next to nothing.

I say keep hope alive.
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
Lakers got Gasol for nothing. Celtics got KG for next to nothing.

I say keep hope alive.
Actually people dont think about that much.... and while it was cheap Lakers didnt get Gasol for nothing. You cant call what the other Gasol is doing nothings, hes a very good player.

The KG trade saw Jefferson go to Minny so not for nothing and at that time Green was viewed very highly....just sayin

Last edited by AO41; 01-09-2010 at 01:07 AM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Gooden is a way better pro than Kwame. I might do Richard Hamilton for Josh Howard, but even that is a lateral move.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
UtahDirkfan

UtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to all

rip? No thanks. Sure he has a high IQ for basketball but he's getting old and I don't think his contract is worth it.
UtahDirkfan is offline   Reply With Quote