Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-26-2015, 10:30 PM   #521
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Extending RC another 5 years might be the best move of the offseason.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #522
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Sefko: Wesley Matthews takes major mental step forward in recovery from Achilles tear

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...illes-tear.ece
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #523
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

I've noticed that Wes looks like he's moving better. Hopefully his confidence in his achilles continues to grow.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #524
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Extending RC another 5 years might be the best move of the offseason.
2nd best move....best move was not trading Powell for future 2nd rnd pick.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #525
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

say it ain't so...

I wonder why such an abrupt decision? I hope one day BG can share with us.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #526
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe money?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #527
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
say it ain't so...

I noticed Mavsoutsider was lacking content over the summer - but I just chalked it up to off-season blues. Now it makes sense.

BG put out some good stuff while covering the Mavs - his articles will be missed.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #528
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
say it ain't so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Maybe money?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he had a similar offer to cover OKC back in 2011 after the Championship, but turned it down to continue covering the Mavericks... And from my understanding, covering the Mavericks didn't exactly pay the bills. He was allowed access to the players, but he had to generate his own revenue -- he was never on the team's payroll, nor did ESPN pay much (if at all) for his services.

Glad to see BG moving on to greener pastures... Even though I hope his big story in the next year is covering Durant's move from OKC to Dallas!

Last edited by Underdog; 11-16-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:46 AM   #529
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine an OKC blog offering a ton of money to cover the Thunder, but if so, good luck.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #530
Underdog

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...s-kevin-mchale

Quote:
League sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the Dallas Mavericks also would have interest in hiring McHale if he was prepared to switch teams immediately.

The Mavericks have employed McHale as a consultant before, bringing him to training camp in 2009 before McHale's hiring in Houston. Mavs owner Mark Cuban is known to be a McHale admirer, and Dallas coach Rick Carlisle is one of McHale's closest friends.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #531
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

To help out Powell to become even stronger? Why not.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #532
Underdog

‏@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban said he didn't remember where Rudy Gobert was drafted. It was 9 spots after Shane Larkin. "Whoops," Cuban said.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #533
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
‏@espn_macmahon: Mark Cuban said he didn't remember where Rudy Gobert was drafted. It was 9 spots after Shane Larkin. "Whoops," Cuban said.
BS he doesn't remember.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #534
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know where to put this...

Earl K. Sneed: Rick Carlisle says J.J. Barea (right ankle sprain) will probably miss the next three games, but will travel with the @Dallas Mavericks.
– via Twitter EarlKSneed
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #535
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I still cringe every time I hear the name Shane Larkin
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #536
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Whoa, that's a name that someone still says?

Old 11-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #537
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Just look at it this way....he netted us Felton
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #538
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Whoa, that's a name that someone still says?
But his dad is Barry Larkin!

Old 12-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #539
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...n-reneged-mavs
Old 12-07-2015, 01:27 AM   #540
mavsmanfromohio

mavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the roughmavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the roughmavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the rough

Markieff Morris, anyone?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/markieff-morris

Harris and whom else...
mavsmanfromohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #541
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

Had to share this piece my older brother wrote (knicks fan). Hilarious but true:

https://rambeeni.wordpress.com/2015/...dirk-nowitzki/

Your thoughts?
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #542
drk3351

drk3351 is on a distinguished road

Hey Mavs fans, not an article but I made a breakdown video sharing my observations of the team thus far this season. I analyze many of their plays and team tendencies. Thanks for watching and let me know what you are seeing so far this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT2dqszHKSM
drk3351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:33 AM   #543
BPo001
Diamond Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...lt-like-myself
Old 12-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #544
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

by one of my favorite writers - Zach Lowe

The forever-changing, still-winning Mavericks

article has this note
Only three teams have set more on-ball screens, and only five have
nailed opponents with more off-ball picks, per SportVU data and
numbers crunched to ESPN.com by Vantage Sports.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...tter-standings

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 12-15-2015 at 12:04 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #545
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
by one of my favorite writers - Zach Lowe

The forever-changing, still-winning Mavericks

article has this note
Only three teams have set more on-ball screens, and only five have
nailed opponents with more off-ball picks, per SportVU data and
numbers crunched to ESPN.com by Vantage Sports.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...tter-standings
I posted that article in the PGT, but this is probably a better home for it.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #546
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

As always quality work from Lowe. Should remind guys how blessed we are with Dirk and Rick and just generally the professional attitude of the franchise.

You however also wonder what Rick and Dirk could have done with one more star at their side. It's nice that we are basically overperforming (again), but in the end that, if at all, will only be remembered as an anecdote.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #547
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
As always quality work from Lowe. Should remind guys how blessed we are with Dirk and Rick and just generally the professional attitude of the franchise.

You however also wonder what Rick and Dirk could have done with one more star at their side. It's nice that we are basically overperforming (again), but in the end that, if at all, will only be remembered as an anecdote.
Great great article...Sadly, your last sentence rings true.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #548
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

The observation that with Dirk (and Rick), all you need is some veteran guys and you're in the playoffs in the West is interesting. I wonder how many, or how few, NBA players you could have said that about over the years.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:26 PM   #549
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Anyone have access to the ESPN ISIDER 5 on 5 mentioning the MAVS and willing to share?

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:24 AM   #550
ramzi

ramzi will become famous soon enough
Smile cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbibi View Post
Had to share this piece my older brother wrote (knicks fan). Hilarious but true:

https://rambeeni.wordpress.com/2015/...dirk-nowitzki/

Your thoughts?
Funny and true
ramzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #551
BPo001
Diamond Member

Tim MacMahon: Zaza Pachulia on his career year: “This is the greatest situation that I’ve been in in my career. … This team is all about the winning.”
– via Twitter espn_macmahon
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #552
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Tim MacMahon: Zaza Pachulia on his career year: “This is the greatest situation that I’ve been in in my career. … This team is all about the winning.”
– via Twitter espn_macmahon
Im already in the camp that hope he retires a Maverick.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #553
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Zaza and Matthews both use their brains to play good basketball since neither of them can jump. That will actually bode well for them as they continue aging since neither relies on any type of athleticism.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #554
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Steph most likely out the next two games (@Dal and @Hiu)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #555
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
L2

Last edited by Underdog; 12-29-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #556
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everybody except Dirk is looking forward to less Curry.

Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #557
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
No Curry, Barbosa, or Harrison Barnes(so underrated)

Lets hope mavs can take advantage. Im not expecting a win. Deron is still out. But Mavs will put up a fight.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #558
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Holger Geschwindner, Dirk Nowitzki's longtime mentor and shooting coach, arrived in Dallas on Friday for his annual midseason visit. He will stay at least until the All-Star break.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #559
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Holger Geschwindner, Dirk Nowitzki's longtime mentor and shooting coach, arrived in Dallas on Friday for his annual midseason visit. He will stay at least until the All-Star break.
Yesssss! Hopefully some of the other guys on the team take some time to work with him if they can.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #560
Underdog

@JohnnyNBA: "Dwights people reached out to Dallas to see if they would be interested in a max deal this summer. Dallas said no."