Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #241
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
They are more talented and better coached. But Dallas has always had trouble with athleticism. Maybe not quite as much now with Chandler. But Portland oozes athleticism. LA and SA are a better team.

Dallas matches up well with LA because Kidd/Stephenson can guard Kobe and Fisher will not take advantage of Terry and/or Voldeshort/Roddy. The frontline with Chandler and Haywood, the Mavs can now play straightup with their bigs and still score.

Dallas matches up well with SA because Sa other than Duncan doesn't have a "hoss" on the inside. And Duncan is slowing down. Voldeshort and Roddy can give as much back to Parker and Hill as they receive.

Portland on the other hand, now have an athletic group on the frontline/LA/Batum/Crash... and they have a "hoss" in the backcourt with Miller (the same one who scored 50+ on the Mavs )....

And Portland plays more zone out of any of those 3 teams. And the Mavs offense stagnates against it. Of course that was before Roddy and Peja came along.
I really haven't thought enough about how it affects positional matchups to comment on this. But I'll just say in regard to who is the "scariest" team (which is what you initially said), it's still firmly the Lakers in the Spurs in my opinion. A tough athletic matchup may scare you, but what scares me more is the sheer talent, coaching, and championship pedigree of those two squads.

And I will say I think you're underestimating a bit the difficulty of the Spurs matchup. It's not nearly as advantageous for us as it once was several years ago. They are pretty damn stout from 1-9 now and have some players like Hill who cause us serious problems.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #242
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Portland undoubtedly got better, and their frontcourt is great...but I'm not putting them up there with S.A. and L.A. They still don't have a true star (even though L.A. has been a beast since Roy went down). I think Roy is coming back, which will probably hurt them. Their backcourt is savy, but pretty unathletic (Miller in particular) and vulnerable defensively.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #243
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Beucher just said the MAvs were the bigest trade deadline losers this year, because we didn't add anything or replace Caron.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another cadban meltdown, cadban can't help himself, cadban knows dick, cadban returns!, cadbane likes poles, cadbane vs. the world, check out my new thread!!, everyoneiswrongbutme, look at me i'm important, mommatheregoesthatman, return of the quack!