Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #41
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
I don't care who starts thread.Odom leaves our house it's good news for us because he plays like whore.

Bye Lamar bye forever
Quote worthy?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't care who starts thread.Odom leaves our house it's good news for us because he plays like whore.

Bye Lamar bye forever
Pretty much agree, but:

Prostitutes actually put out
Prostitutes give you something for your money
Prostitutes let you put it in the pooper instead of putting YOU in it.
Prostitutes will leave when they are finished
Prostitutes will try to look like they are trying

Should I go on?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-09-2012 at 08:56 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #43
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

LOL @ this thread. I wonder if Murphy3 is gonna come in here and give us all red boxes for proving how pointless these threads are.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Pretty much agree, but:

Should I go on?
Yes that was insulting to prostitutes.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #45
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
LOL @ this thread. I wonder if Murphy3 is gonna come in here and give us all red boxes for proving how pointless these threads are.
One can only hope
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #46
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

This makes me so mad!

WTF is this dude's problem!? I mean I recently watched his stupid reality show just to get some insight on what the problem might be, and it appears that the problem is that he's very immature and couldn't mentally handle being traded... WTF Lamar! You have no sack! Any player with any competitive drive would use it as motivation... Odom should have been thinking what most of us were thinking, that Dallas swept the Lakers with Lamar as their 3rd or 4th best player, and now they're trading him to the Mavs for basically nothing in return, his mindset should have been to make them rue the day................ I really liked Lamar before he became a Mav, now I'll never view him as anything other than being softer than a pussy in a kitten mitten...

YOU SUCK LAMAR! YOU COWARD! QUITTER! GTFO of my city, and take that horse of a wife with you!
cowboyuptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #47
cowboyuptx

cowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of lightcowboyuptx is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Are people really mad that a new thread was started for this...? Burying this information in an old thread is idiotic. This forum has way too few threads for a casual browser to keep up with.
Agreed....

And it's becoming more apparent as to why, with the thread-police ready to call homeland security on anybody who dares to start a new one...
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #48
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
This makes me so mad!

WTF is this dude's problem!? I mean I recently watched his stupid reality show just to get some insight on what the problem might be, and it appears that the problem is that he's very immature and couldn't mentally handle being traded... WTF Lamar! You have no sack! Any player with any competitive drive would use it as motivation... Odom should have been thinking what most of us were thinking, that Dallas swept the Lakers with Lamar as their 3rd or 4th best player, and now they're trading him to the Mavs for basically nothing in return, his mindset should have been to make them rue the day................ I really liked Lamar before he became a Mav, now I'll never view him as anything other than being softer than a pussy in a kitten mitten...

YOU SUCK LAMAR! YOU COWARD! QUITTER! GTFO of my city, and take that horse of a wife with you!
Im very curious to see how he is on that reality show. The episodes you are seeing, are they of this year? Since he's been with the Mavs? I can imagine the show would have plenty of drama to go on with his pussy foot attitude.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #49
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyuptx View Post
This makes me so mad!

I approve of this.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #50
cowboyuptx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Im very curious to see how he is on that reality show. The episodes you are seeing, are they of this year? Since he's been with the Mavs? I can imagine the show would have plenty of drama to go on with his pussy foot attitude.
Yeah, I mostly watched the 2 most recent episodes because those are the ones where he found out he was traded, and then his arrival in Dallas and his first game...

He talks about how out of shape he is both physically and mentally, that his mind and his body cant get on the same page, and that he felt embarrassed by the way he was playing... Hearing that, and seeing how hard he was taking it, made me feel for the guy, but that was almost 5 months ago, and not only did he never pull himself together, he flat out quit on this team...

I did catch an episode that was shot in early November, and the premise of it was that Odom had no idea what to do with himself during the lockout... He was depressed and was staying up all through the night, every night, and eating more candy in a week than most people eat in a year... Then he's upset because he's out of shape and not playing well, I wonder why... You might be able to get away with that stuff when you're closer to 25, but not when you're pushing 33...

Khloe is sweet to him, but damn she's annoying too... She treats Lamar like a baby 24/7, this obviously played a part in him going soft mentally...

Last edited by cowboyuptx; 04-09-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #51
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Pretty much agree, but:

Should I go on?
no you should stop hereI like this(Prostitutes will leave when they are finished)Just like Odom.

One thing hurt me everyday that Odom took 7M dollars for this season.It's means he is very exclusive bitch but he isn't.He is the worst easy women I ever seen

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #52
Capt.Obvious

Capt.Obvious is on a distinguished road

I really can't understand all the hate 4DN1 is getting for making a thread about Lamar finally leaving the mavs. I am thankfull for this, cause I'm not constantly checking the old thread for significant changes. This is what a messages board is for, getting info out to the masses not hiding it in long threads...

Back to topic, I think it's really good that the chapter LO is closed now. As a player you need all your focus only on your games and have the feeling that you can rely on your teammates. I think that wasn't possible with LO on the team
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #53
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

The guy who posted up top is not me. I repeat. The guy who posted up top is not me.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #54
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

I'm glad he started this thread, unfortunately it got sabotaged by people who evidently don't understand efficiency. When I first clicked on the old thread, I was thinking, "this isn't what I wanted to read".

What's annoying is not seeing a new thread that clearly gives you the option not to read it by simply seeing the subject, but wading through stupid posts that contribute no intelligent thought on the particular subject at hand, usually from those with 20K posts of which less than 1K of them offer any interesting thought.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #55
Capt.Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day1MavsFan View Post
I'm glad he started this thread, unfortunately it got sabotaged by people who evidently don't understand efficiency. When I first clicked on the old thread, I was thinking, "this isn't what I wanted to read".

What's annoying is not seeing a new thread that clearly gives you the option not to read it by simply seeing the subject, but wading through stupid posts that contribute no intelligent thought on the particular subject at hand, usually from those with 20K posts of which less than 1K of them offer any interesting thought.
This +1

@ CapitanObvious
Well it is obvious that it is not you, cause the name is different
I'm using this name on some other boards as well. If I would have been aware that there is already one "Obvious" active on this forum I would have gone with another nick. But it is what it is, I think people know that this is not you by now.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck the casual poster - I'm sick of hearing people who never post here try to dictate how those of us who contribute 95% of this site's content should conduct ourselves. If you want things to run differently around here, then start posting more.

There was already a thread on Lamar Odom's possible departure when the news came out - maybe the conversation would have migrated into this thread if it hadn't been posted 3 hours after the story broke, but there were already 3 pages of posts on the subject in the "Odom done as a Mav" thread by the time this one went up... There's no need to have two different threads for one topic.

The problem is that you guys don't want to read anything that anyone here has posted - you just want to talk and be heard... Well guess what? Nobody cares what you have to say if you don't care about what they have to say. Those of us who were already talking about Lamar Odom aren't going to switch to a new thread and have all of our posts buried just to accommodate a bunch of "casual posters" who can't be bothered to go back and read the conversation that people who use this site regularly are having.

This isn't the only Mavs forum on the internet, but it's definitely the most hardcore - if you don't like the way that things work around here, then go find a board that fits your casual posting style... The people who make this site go aren't interested in accommodating you.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-10-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #57
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

RUMOR - from one of the girlfriends of a Dallas Mavericks player. Word is that on Saturday night, after the Mavericks LOST to the Memphis Grizzlies Dallas superstar DIRK NOWITZKI and LAMAR ODOM got into an altercation.

Word in the locker room is that Dirk was unhappy with Lamar's lack of focus and he confronted him, and when Lamar challenged Dirk back - it WAS ON. And get this . . . we hear that Dirk was GETTING THE BETTER of Lamar before teammates broke it up.

Way to go Dirk!

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #58
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Some posters here are making this forum miserable. If something news worthy happens, IT DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD. Every time I see the old Lamar thread it's just a continuation of nothing. If I know that I don't want to read it, why would I constantly go through the posts there to see if anything has happened?

Basically members of this forum have policed it so that the only people that can gain any value from it are those that will read every single post. And by casual reader, I mean people that aren't scouring through every bit of minutia here. This is absurd.

I've been a member here a LOT longer than most people and I can easily say that I think this board is currently the worst that it has been in my 8+ years of being a member.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #59
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
RUMOR - from one of the girlfriends of a Dallas Mavericks player. Word is that on Saturday night, after the Mavericks LOST to the Memphis Grizzlies Dallas superstar DIRK NOWITZKI and LAMAR ODOM got into an altercation.

Word in the locker room is that Dirk was unhappy with Lamar's lack of focus and he confronted him, and when Lamar challenged Dirk back - it WAS ON. And get this . . . we hear that Dirk was GETTING THE BETTER of Lamar before teammates broke it up.

Way to go Dirk!
Meehhh, i don't know: http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/55308/mt...s-husband.html

A girlfriend, hmmm?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some posters here are making this forum miserable. If something news worthy happens, IT DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD. Every time I see the old Lamar thread it's just a continuation of nothing. If I know that I don't want to read it, why would I constantly go through the posts there to see if anything has happened?

Basically members of this forum have policed it so that the only people that can gain any value from it are those that will read every single post. And by casual reader, I mean people that aren't scouring through every bit of minutia here. This is absurd.

I've been a member here a LOT longer than most people and I can easily say that I think this board is currently the worst that it has been in my 8+ years of being a member.
I'm curious why you call it "policing". No mod asked anyone to stop posting. No one merged the thread or moved it.

The flow of posters on the site is a natural thing. Most of the intelligent conversation happened to take place in the old thread. This thread is a bunch of drivel. If you'd rather read the 50 posts in this thread than the 50 newest posts in the old Lamar thread, that's your choice, we're not forcing anyone to do anything.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #61
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Meehhh, i don't know: http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/55308/mt...s-husband.html

A girlfriend, hmmm?
One can only hope that Dirk beat the sh** out of him. Probably not true. I heard the real truth is that Dirk karate kicked him in the back while he wasn't looking. He pinned him down and said, "that is me doing to you what you did to my team B*%TCH!"

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #62
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Man View Post
Ok, then, and why wouldn't someone in a grass house want to throw stones? I've hardly ever seen a house more suited to withstand return rock attacks. Not only should it do a good job at keeping its inhabitants safe, it should also dampen the sound that would otherwise disturb them were the house made of a harder material.

In conclusion, people in grass houses most definitely should throw stones.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #63
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Ok, then, and why wouldn't someone in a grass house want to throw stones? I've hardly ever seen a house more suited to withstand return rock attacks. Not only should it do a good job at keeping its inhabitants safe, it should also dampen the sound that would otherwise disturb them were the house made of a harder material.

... until some flint stones are thrown and the grass house becomes a fiery tomb.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #64
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm curious why you call it "policing". No mod asked anyone to stop posting. No one merged the thread or moved it.

The flow of posters on the site is a natural thing. Most of the intelligent conversation happened to take place in the old thread. This thread is a bunch of drivel. If you'd rather read the 50 posts in this thread than the 50 newest posts in the old Lamar thread, that's your choice, we're not forcing anyone to do anything.
People get harassed when they create a new thread, even if it is valuable to the forum. This is a bunch of drivel because of all the crap that people get for starting a new thread...thus the policing.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #65
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in favor of this thread, I dare not go near the other 15+ page Behemoth. Stayed away for too long. So........ I'll play devil's advocate.

I'm glad he's gone, the sensitive bastard. What justifies his attitude by a grown-ass man like him? Get over yourself man.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #66
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People get harassed when they create a new thread, even if it is valuable to the forum. This is a bunch of drivel because of all the crap that people get for starting a new thread...thus the policing.
Newbies get razzed a bit. 4DN1, who's already gotten razzed some hasn't yet even tried to adapt to the board's norms, gets harassed and abused. Those of you who are defending this thread, lets not lose sight of the fact that the attacks are at least as much a reaction to the way 4DN1 has conducted himself on the board to date as they are a commentary on the thread's worthiness (which is called into question only by the fact that the title of the other thread had already been changed and the discussion was already in full swing there when this one was created, as UD noted). Don't fight the tide and the tide won't fight you.

For my part, I love the low thread counts on this board, as I find that it makes it far easier to follow the debates and conversations. If you've been here long enough, you know how it works, and you probably know how to navigate it.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #67
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bye Lamar bye forever
Good post. Would read again.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Does everyone realize that there are links on every thread that will take you straight to the first unread (by you) post in that thread, and also one that takes you to the last post in that thread?

Do I need to post a little primer on thread management?

I understand people have personal preferences, and that some posters hate the large threads, but I feel like the standard has been established at this point, and it happened fairly naturally. Fight it if you want, but understand that you're going to miss the bulk of the good conversation if you avoid long running threads.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-10-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #69
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
This thread is a bunch of drivel because of who opened it and because it was started three hours after the news broke and there was already an established conversation going on in a different thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #70
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This thread is a bunch of drivel because of who opened it and because it was started three hours after the news broke and there was already an established conversation going on in a different thread.
And if I might nitpick (I might), the thread title is inaccurate - Odom didn't leave, he was kicked out...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #71
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post

the question is whether people in GRASS houses should STOW THRONES, which is much more interesting.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #72
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I am STRICTLY against that, for sure. No one should commit such travesty. I don't think I need to explain myself, and, quite frankly, I'm rather vexed you even posed such silly inquiry.

Stow thrones in grass houses. The nerve!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #73
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #74
Capt.Obvious

Quote:
I understand people have personal preferences, and that some posters hate the large threads, but I feel like the standard has been established at this point, and it happened fairly naturally. Fight it if you want, but understand that you're going to miss the bulk of the good conversation if you avoid long running threads.

I enjoy a clean forum as much as anybody else on the forum. But I also don't want to miss out on significant changes / important events. The thread about LO was getting quite long and after a while I had the feeling the discussion was going around in circles and I kinda lost interest in checking it on a regular basis.
It is nice that the thread title was changed from , ibelieve, "LO maybe done as a mav" in "LO is done as a mav", but in my opinionthis canbe easily overlooked and gone unnoticed.

So here is what I would do,how you can keep the flow of new informationona high level and at the same time avoid that the board is becoming floaded by threads. Everytime some significant event happens iwould put it like this:
"Update P.15 | LOis done as a mav"
"Update P.15,31 | LOis done as a mav"

So even if youdon't follow the thread ona regular basis, you can easily spot on wich page some important info took place. And another thread would be obsolete. Just my 2 cents,no hating ^^

Last edited by Capt.Obvious; 04-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Capt.Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #75
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
I enjoy a clean forum as much as anybody else on the forum. But I also don't want to miss out on significant changes / important events. The thread about LO was getting quite long and after a while I had the feeling the discussion was going around in circles and I kinda lost interest in checking it on a regular basis.
It is nice that the thread title was changed from , ibelieve, "LO maybe done as a mav" in "LO is done as a mav", but in my opinionthis canbe easily overlooked and gone unnoticed.

So here is what I would do,how you can keep the flow of new informationona high level and at the same time avoid that the board is becoming floaded by threads. Everytime some significant event happens iwould put it like this:
"Update P.15 | LOis done as a mav"
"Update P.15,31 | LOis done as a mav"

So even if youdon't follow the thread ona regular basis, you can easily spot on wich page some important info were available. And another thread would be obsolete. Just my 2 cents,no hating ^^
Every time you log on, a thread with new posts will appear in bold. I can understand laziness, but to be completely honest, when members of a forum take repeated steps to let newer members know how things work, and yet they still persist in going against the flow, it's probably best to move on, because being a part of that community is most likely something they never really valued that much to begin with.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #76
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

great album

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #77
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Does everyone realize that there are links on every thread that will take you straight to the first unread (by you) post in that thread, and also one that takes you to the last post in that thread?

Do I need to post a little primer on thread management?

1) Yes, I know that you can click a link and see unread posts. However, if the thread is full of crap I don't want to read, why would I ever keep checking it? Make a thread with the new, relevant information. With the logic of compiling stuff into one thread, we might as well just have a single "Mavericks" thread...or "Life"... Breaking news should get a new thread.

2) The "standard" is rather recent and has only gotten worse by a few people policing the forums, giving people a hard time whenever they create a new thread.

3) Missing good conversation? That's fine, I don't have all day to read forums. Let me read about news in a clear, concise way. Making me stumble upon a thread to find out something has changed to the status quo is a mess.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #78
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hours afterwards? I don't think I saw the thread until I got home, so it was fresh to me. Not everyone can spend all day on forums and sports websites to find out the latest news. A few hours, when it occurs during business hours, is nothing.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #79
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1) Yes, I know that you can click a link and see unread posts. However, if the thread is full of crap I don't want to read, why would I ever keep checking it? Make a thread with the new, relevant information. With the logic of compiling stuff into one thread, we might as well just have a single "Mavericks" thread...or "Life"... Breaking news should get a new thread.
It really doesn't take long to ruffle through a thread with posts you aren't interested in. Each post has the date on top so that you can skip ahead to see the latest chat/news/info.

Quote:
2) The "standard" is rather recent and has only gotten worse by a few people policing the forums, giving people a hard time whenever they create a new thread.
Nobody polices the forums! If morons are going to act like morons, then they will be treated as such. 4DN1 isn't a quality poster...hence the grief.

Quote:
3) Missing good conversation? That's fine, I don't have all day to read forums. Let me read about news in a clear, concise way. Making me stumble upon a thread to find out something has changed to the status quo is a mess.
Then check ESPN or Realgm or twitter for quick stuff. You pretty much just admit that you don't have time to post here. That is the true heart of the matter.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #80
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dub, I know exactly what you're talking about..as do many. From time to time, threads develop into something that some just do not want to wade through to get content. Yes, this forum sometimes has a lack of threads for the diverse topics.. and yes, people on the forum rag the hell out of someone that they do not particularly like if they start a thread. That's the way it's been for a couple of years, but it's not at all the way it's been throughout the complete history of this site.

My advice to anyone that wants to start a new thread.. Start it. Most of the people that are griping at you for starting a new thread don't contribute anything meaningful to the forum anyways..

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being pregnant, existentialist thread, i know kung fu, look at me i'm important, murphy's good ol' days, mytoasterdoesntmakecoffee, no as cool as underdog, not as cool as cunte, pay attention to me!, sometimes i pee red, thread police, underdog and friends, underdog=legallyretarded, whore new level