Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #201
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black best of current shows. Difficult to compete with The Wire and Breaking Bad. This may really be the Golden Age of television. Of course, there are plenty bad shows on too.
Orphan Black is also excellent-- perhaps the best show I've seen this year. Great acting and a story that just keeps surprising with new twists.

And yes, this is a true golden era of TV. Movies are a bit weak as a whole, but there are still some decent big-budget titles like Guardians and Avengers out there that impress. Also, a lot of absolute crap like Step Up 9 and Paranormal Activity 12.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #202
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Orphan Black is also excellent-- perhaps the best show I've seen this year. Great acting and a story that just keeps surprising with new twists.
Ah, yes. I might have included Orphan Black. Found out about it a month ago and binge watched all the way thru. Can't wait for season 2. Her acting is quite remarkable.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #203
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

I have not seen alot, but the 4 episodes I seen of "House Of Lies" on Showtime were good
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #204
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't seen The Knick, then you are missing out. I know a lot of people probably don't get or watch Cinemax, but I'm sure you can find the show somewhere on the net. Def worth it.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-15-2014 at 01:20 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #205
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If you haven't seen The Knick, then you are missing out. I know a lot of people probably don't get or watch Cinemax, but I'm sure you can find the show somewhere on the net. Def worth it.
Totally agree. Went over to a friend's place with Cinemax and we watched the pilot. It's brutal but addictive. It definitely scratches lots of itches-- historical fiction, medical drama, intense soap opera with action, etc.. Clive Owen and Andre Holland have some of the most absolutely brilliant performances I've ever seen. Definitely worth a watch if you're not squeamish about blood/surgery.

Also just started Outlander and Strain and I've been really liking both. My husband doesn't really like Outlander, but it's also a great historical drama about a woman who gets transported from 1940s Scotland to 1740s Scotland. May be more female-oriented, but lots of manly Scottish men being Scottish and some interesting history about the fight against the British. Definitely not for everyone, but I've been liking it.

Strain isn't fantastic, but it's just super-addictive and brings the gloom and scares with the best of them (X-files, first two American Horror seasons).Pretty interesting and has my husband and I captivated. Good stuff if you like ridiculous H.P. Lovecraft-inspired shows/movies and movies like Contagion (CDC detective work) and Blade/Underworld (over-the-top/ridiculous supernatural craziness)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-15-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #206
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't get over Cory Stoll's hair piece in the Strain. Seriously, it takes a different shape and form with every new camera angle. Not a bad show and is a decent bridge until the falls show come full blossom.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #207
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If any of you get a chance, check out Generation War on Netflix (and a few other streamers). It is hands down one of the best dramatic miniseries I have ever seen. So rare to find a WW2 series from the German perspective.
What kind of rating does this show get? Pg13 or R?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #208
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What kind of rating does this show get? Pg13 or R?
Weird. Says not rated on Netflix, and now I can't remember how much cussing or gore was in it. I'm pretty sure I recall plenty of bloody and/or R rated moments. Impossible to have a war series without blood. It's good either way with strong production value.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #209
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Weird. Says not rated on Netflix, and now I can't remember how much cussing or gore was in it. I'm pretty sure I recall plenty of bloody and/or R rated moments. Impossible to have a war series without blood. It's good either way with strong production value.
Thanks I have someone in my house who isn't interested in r rated stuff, so I always like to check for her. I'm kinda the family media procurer in the house.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #210
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Thanks I have someone in my house who isn't interested in r rated stuff, so I always like to check for her. I'm kinda the family media procurer in the house.
I mean, it isn't Schindler's List graphic, but if they are sensitive to the realities of war then maybe they should pass. However, if they want to see something well-rounded that doesn't treat every German as a Nazi, then I highly recommend it.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #211
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Anybody watching Outlander on Starz network?
I am only a couple episodes in, but it is really good so far.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #212
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Anybody watching Outlander on Starz network?
I am only a couple episodes in, but it is really good so far.
I posted a few posts up about. I really love it, but can see why people (mostly men) wouldn't like it.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #213
bunkmoreland

Ah. Hadn't remembered you had mentioned it. Yeah, the lead character is a woman. But it is also a Ronald D. Moore show, and he did the new Battlestar Gallactica. I like his writing. And the scenery in the show makes me want to plan a vacation to Scotland.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #214
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is huge into the Outlander book series, so this has been appointment television for her (and by proxy, me).

I've enjoyed it so far.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #215
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Outgoing
Knick - Very interesting look at early modern surgery/medicine
Outlander - Love the time travel anthropology. Decently strong/smart woman lead. Lots of kilts
Strain - So bad it's good. Definitely Lovecraftian and ridiculous, but thoroughly entertaining, despite it's strangely erratic pacing.
Under the Dome - Oh God it's bad. So bad. I tolerated season one, hoping it would get better. It didn't. It got much much worse and gave away that it had no idea what it was doing. Only Dean Norris was worth watching and the writing got so bad that even that was unbearable.

Incoming
Mavs! (yay!) - Missed it so much
Bob's Burgers - hope it's good. Last four seasons have been the best thing on TV
Sleepy Hollow - Don't know if I can watch any more. Season 2 has been awful so far after being one of the best new shows last year. Really hoping for better, but it got incredibly weird quickly with the over-arching story (like Fringe) instead of enjoying itself like episodic X-files (haunted house episode one episode, freak show the next, etc)
Marvel's Agents of Shield--So bad for 2/3 of season 1, but I stuck with it. It got good and season 2 has stayed pretty good.
Walking Dead- getting pretty burned out, but it was one of the better shows on TV. Don't know if it's gotten worse or if I've just gotten fatigued of the premise. Still planning to watch season 5.
American Horror - Season 1 was spooky and original. Season 2 was like an 80s horror fanatic puked all over a video rental store. It was creepy and amazing, but the story was nonsensical. Season 3 was SOOOOOOoooo bad. It turned into a supernatural soap opera. Season 4 will have two episodes to get back to season 1/2 quality. It's either well-written like 1, scary like 2, or I will walk away

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-08-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #216
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Ugh, don't get me starting on American Horror Story. The low point was when they did that random Stevie Nicks music video for no apparent reason. His shows start out great the first 2-3 episodes and then just completely derail after that. I'm sure the Freak Show one will start out with promise only to do the same.

Recent shows watched:

Ray Donovan- Must see for great acting, good characters, and not knowing what might happen. Not the best or most original premise, but the characters keep it going. John Voight is dynamite.

The Knick- So good and so want to see the next episode after I finish the previous one.

The Strain- The show has a reasonably big budget and yet they can't get the hair pieces right on the male characters. Even the flashback of the old dude had bad makeup/hair. It's fun though and not to be taken with an ounce of seriousness.

Hell on Wheels- Don't know many who still watch this, but this season is much better than the previous ones. Such a 50/50 of good and terrible aspects.

Peaky Blinders (Netflix/BBC)- Cillian Murphy is really good, but the show is semi boring for what should be a more intriguing premise.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-08-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #217
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Anyone watch Walking Dead last night?

Trying to debate if i want to keep working on this season and yeah, it feels like work watching the show but I was a big fan in earlier seasons-- just getting hard to watch all the anguish without much hope of a happy ending.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-13-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #218
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

What? Last night's episode was epic. I agree the show is up and down, but last night was an amazing episode.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #219
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
What? Last night's episode was epic. I agree the show is up and down, but last night was an amazing episode.
Sorry, I wasn't saying I watched it-- just wondering if this season started well.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-13-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #220
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't saying I watched it-- just wondering if this season started well.
Yes, yes, yes. Like shockingly yes. It might've been the best episode yet...

Old 10-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #221
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

last night's episode was excellent. Fired on all cylinders. Will be interesting to see if the rest of the season can keep up.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #222
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Also, Bob's Burgers hasn't missed a beat. The first episode of season 5 was just as excellent as the other four seasons. It's as good or better than Simpsons in it's prime. I'm just waiting for it to jump the shark (like the Simpsons did), but the writers are (thus far) just so creative and obviously having so much fun with the scripts that the show is just such a joy to watch. An amazing comedy cast, too. Love Schall, Mirman, H. Jon Benjamin, and all the other amazing guest cast.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-13-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #223
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

WALKING DEAD SPOILERS

Beth = Sophia II

Half a season of looking for some cute blond girl only for her to turn up dead by the mid-season finale... This show is wearing on my nerves. I don't think I can even hate-watch it at this point - it's just too formulaic.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-30-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #224
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

MORE SPOILER TALK

We basically spent 4-5 episodes going full circle with the character. she's gone (might as well be dead), big setup episodes, rescue episodes, etc. And then, poof. gone again.

At least Maggie remembered she had a sister this episode.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #225
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a good episode.... good half season.

Could have been much worse. You could have had an absolutely terrible last half hour like with Gone Girl.. Now that was garbage.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-02-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #226
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
MORE SPOILER TALK

We basically spent 4-5 episodes going full circle with the character. she's gone (might as well be dead), big setup episodes, rescue episodes, etc. And then, poof. gone again.

At least Maggie remembered she had a sister this episode.
SPOILER TALK

The Maggie reaction was just awful. I can't remember her ever giving a crap about Beth's disappearance.

I really liked the cops and their power tripping running of the hospital, but it seems all for not. Dawn was another well done character just to kill her off. So Beth ends up dead anyway, and Carol comes back to the group anyway...eermk.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #227
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't remember Maggie giving a crap about her sister being gone? Perhaps that's just because she wasn't heavily involved in this half season, but you could definitely tell that she was severely distraught early in the season.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #228
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this half season was easily the best run TWD has ever had. I wasn't too thrilled with the last two episodes, but overall I was very pleased. Very curious to see where they go from here. The Washington deal and the hospital gave them clear goals. Now they need another purpose.

And we still have Morgan trailing along somewhere.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #229
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Black Mirror's now on Netflix

British show from Channel 4. Interesting stuff. It's like Twilight Zone if Twilight Zone was given a bigger budget and allowed to be as dark as American Horror. Each show is a different director. Worth at least an hour of your time if you don't mind dark and sick stuff. 6 hours if you want to watch both seasons.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #230
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

SPOILER CHAT

Homeland is infinitely better now that Brody is gone. And his daughter on the show, perhaps the worst acting ever seen, no longer whines pathetically every episode. Glad she is isn't on the show anymore either.

This seas has now become ludicrous and fun.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #231
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Black Mirror's now on Netflix

British show from Channel 4. Interesting stuff. It's like Twilight Zone if Twilight Zone was given a bigger budget and allowed to be as dark as American Horror. Each show is a different director. Worth at least an hour of your time if you don't mind dark and sick stuff. 6 hours if you want to watch both seasons.
They just had a Black Mirror Christmas special on Channel 4 starring Don Draper. Did not disappoint.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #232
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SPOILER CHAT

Homeland is infinitely better now that Brody is gone. And his daughter on the show, perhaps the worst acting ever seen, no longer whines pathetically every episode. Glad she is isn't on the show anymore either.

This seas has now become ludicrous and fun.
Rondo debut tonight. Homeland season finale tomorrow. Pumped.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:17 AM   #233
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P. T-Dog 4.0

There can be only one (...black guy on TWD).

Last edited by Underdog; 02-09-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #234
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
R.I.P. T-Dog 4.0

SPOILER

Can't believe they killed off Tyrone. Unbelievable. The show has killed off so many likable characters that I'm not sure who I'm rooting for anymore. I like Carol and Daryll...and that's about it. I liked Michonne, Maggie, and Glen at one point, but it seems the writers don't care about them anymore so why should I.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #235
Underdog

Quote:
SPOILER

Can't believe they killed off Tyrone. Unbelievable. The show has killed off so many likable characters that I'm not sure who I'm rooting for anymore. I like Carol and Daryll...and that's about it. I liked Michonne, Maggie, and Glen at one point, but it seems the writers don't care about them anymore so why should I.
I could've done without the hallucinations though... Kept waiting for Ghost Lori to show up again.

The Walking Dead doesn't do "artistic" well at all - those montages looked like a student film.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-09-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #236
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
SPOILER

So memorable you got his name wrong.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #237
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
I could've done without the hallucinations though... Kept waiting for Ghost Lori to show up again.

The Walking Dead doesn't do "artistic" well at all - those montages looked like a student film.
Agree on the "artsy" stuff. didn't work. Not to mention it did more than foreshadow, it practically screamed what was going to happen.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #238
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
R.I.P. T-Dog 4.0

well, we've had 2 at a time for a bit now (Bob and Tyreese, Tyreese and Gabriel, Gabriel and Noah). But 2 is definitely the limit as being part of the official group.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #239
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Eh, Tyrone, Tyrese, T-Dog...whatever...they could try to be a little more original with the names.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #240
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Or at least do it consistently. I actually don't mind a little indy film feel, but you know they are going to completely change the style in the next episode.