Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough
Default Good Series

I can't leave here without cluttering your board. Too much wisdom. The Mavs saw the young Thunder with too much confidence in a big, late lead and pounced all over them. You can't move on this late in the game if you can't finish any better than that. It was a heck of a game though. The end result of this series is a matter of when and not if. This has been a meaningful playoff run, for some personal reasons that go well beyond anything to do with basketball. I hope you guys beat the hell out of Miami.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Jinx.

The Mavs and their fans don't take anything for granted. We've all seen too much... 1 more win till anyone starts worrying about the Heat (or the Bulls).
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Good now quit posting
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Series is not over!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Series is not over!
+1
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Thunder...don't assume anything...we did before and paid for it...You'll see many of us here still in disbelief regarding this playoff run. Since 2006, we have seen one disappointment after another, and we could still see another one. Nothing is owed to the Mavs...

Last edited by Maringa; 05-24-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Maringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
I can't leave here without cluttering your board. Too much wisdom. The Mavs saw the young Thunder with too much confidence in a big, late lead and pounced all over them. You can't move on this late in the game if you can't finish any better than that. It was a heck of a game though. The end result of this series is a matter of when and not if. This has been a meaningful playoff run, for some personal reasons that go well beyond anything to do with basketball. I hope you guys beat the hell out of Miami.
you're a good Thunder fan, Thunderfan
Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Ah, it's over. I think Westbrook was still shitting his diaper when Kidd started his NBA career. These guys have been around the block. Sometimes the wisdom and experience is just too much to overcome. Experience and basketball IQ goes a long way.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

At the timeout with 0.7 seconds and a tie game, I remember the camera panning over the 2 benches.

The Thunder were slumping, looked tired, defeated, demoralized; like they just woke up from a dream of gumdrops and lollipops.

The mavs looked rested, confident, and certain of what was about to happen. That's when this game was over.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

I knew if we went to OT it would be over. The comeback took too much out of the Thunder mentally. They will get better at high stress/pressure situations.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I can't speak for the rest of us here, but if my MAVS were down 3-1 in a Western Conference Finals PLAYOFF series, I wouldn't be giving up on them. But, you know, to each his own, I just choose to be a die hard fan at all times. Like, you know, when they are down by 15 with under 4 minutes to play and there is seemingly little to no hope. Appreciate your sentiments, but I think I will reserve them for when the boys in blue (the real blue, none of that orange nonsense) come out strong and win the next one.

After all, it is a best of 7 series, not a best of 5.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
PlanoMavs74

PlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the rough

Hard to imagine how good the thunder are going to be as these kids grow up. They need some more shooters (3 for 30 in 3 pt shooting in the last 2 games), but they have some great key parts to their team already.

Great series.
PlanoMavs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

For the Thunder last night was just a tiny piece of their process into building a champion.

As Mavs fans we all can relate to what happened to those guys.

If KD has a champions heart it will only make him stronger.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

I left the bar with about 6 minutes left, I kid you not! My buddies and I went to smoke on my back deck. So just for fun I was checking it on my phone and see the Mavs are down 15. Basically say well that's that, Mavs didn't have it tonight.

Being my sadistic self though I kept checking and torturing myself. Got it down to 9, to 7, and slowly but surely the updates got it down to 2, and Dirk made the FT's to tie it. The rest is history. I refused to watch it on the tv as to not screw with the karma. I truly believe if we hadn't of left the bar this never happens. GO MAVS!
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I can't speak for the rest of us here, but if my MAVS were down 3-1 in a Western Conference Finals PLAYOFF series, I wouldn't be giving up on them. But, you know, to each his own, I just choose to be a die hard fan at all times. Like, you know, when they are down by 15 with under 4 minutes to play and there is seemingly little to no hope. Appreciate your sentiments, but I think I will reserve them for when the boys in blue (the real blue, none of that orange nonsense) come out strong and win the next one.

After all, it is a best of 7 series, not a best of 5.
Well I'll be watching Game 5 as if it's tied 2-2. It will be exciting. But - I also realize the odds are stacked pretty high against us. I do not believe its impossibe though.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I'll be watching Game 5 as if it's tied 2-2. It will be exciting. But - I also realize the odds are stacked pretty high against us. I do not believe its impossibe though.
it's definitely not impossible. i hope the mavs are treating each game like they're down 3-1 instead of up 3-1.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well...I'll be at the arena screaming my brains out....Can't wait, it outta be rockin...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
JKiddFTW

JKiddFTW will become famous soon enoughJKiddFTW will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Jinx.

The Mavs and their fans don't take anything for granted. We've all seen too much... 1 more win till anyone starts worrying about the Heat (or the Bulls).
this x a million
JKiddFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #19
thunderfan

Go get Miami. Anxious to see the Finals because I want Dallas to win - after all, they beat OKC and they are a regional team. Also, my dislike for Miami is pretty big so I hope to take great pleasure in seeing them get abused.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Go get Miami. Anxious to see the Finals because I want Dallas to win - after all, they beat OKC and they are a regional team. Also, my dislike for Miami is pretty big so I hope to take great pleasure in seeing them get abused.
yeah, sorry for any abuse you took on here. i promise we're actually pretty nice people for the most part. well... besides cadbane.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #21
thunderfan

Oh it's no big deal. People just get riled up and say stuff. Nothing personal.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #22
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the other thunder guy? You have been pretty honest around here...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #23
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

yeah you stuck through it and still showed your face after the defeat (unlike Bynum4MVP). Respect
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #24
thunderfan

Thanks. its just the nature of the beast. I don't know any of you and none of you know me. People just get heated because they are passionate about their team. I say all kinds of bizarre and inappropriate things about Mavs players when I watch the game. I think Dallas is a pretty clean team and I have no issues with the way any of those guys play, but it's not going to stop me from mouthing off about them when I'm pissed about how the game is going. It's really just about you being a big fan of your team. The cheap shots at the other fans and teams are just an outlet for your frustration. None of its personal. Now there are some nut job fans out there that take things too far, but that's another story.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #25
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Agreed. Good series. 4-1 does not reflect how hard fought the series truly was. If the Thunder were a little more experienced, they could easily be up 3-2 and going back home for a chance to go to the finals.

Last edited by joemoeschmoe; 05-26-2011 at 12:52 PM.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs really didn't play all that well this series. Well, at least they didn't get the type of contributions that you'd expect out of JET and Peja. Plus, the defense was more than a little lacking at times and the rebounding was atrocious too often. But, they persevered. I'm impressed with their late game performances..but they need to be better the first 40 minutes of the game from here on out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #27
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If the rebounding isn't considerably better against Miami, I doubt they can win. That is a major advantage for the Mavs, and they have to capitalize.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #28
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemoeschmoe View Post
Agreed. Good series. 4-1 does not reflect how hard fought the series truly was. If the Thunder were a little more experienced, they could easily be up 3-2 and going back home for a chance to go to the finals.
I read somewhere that the Thunder had the lead for 8 more minutes during the series than the mavs. That's pretty substantial, especially considering that the mavs led wire to wire in game 3.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #29
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I read somewhere that the Thunder had the lead for 8 more minutes during the series than the mavs. That's pretty substantial, especially considering that the mavs led wire to wire in game 3.
Yea, but we didn't hold a lead in Game 4, until within the last 30 seconds.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #30
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
So, 5 games of 48 minutes each. Thunder led 124 minutes v. Mavs led 116 minutes. Subtracting Game 3's domination, the other 4 games total to:

Thunder led 124 minutes, Mavs led 68 minutes. Mavs 3-1.

Spicy!

EDIT: Actually, I realize that's way off cause I'm missing ties and the one OT... whatever I'm too lazy to figure that crap out. It's still spicy!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 05-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #31
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Thunder led 124 minutes, Mavs led 68 minutes. Mavs 3-1.!
rep for the mad algebra skillz

Tags
premature threadulation